Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Home Baking - Home cooking

Started by pr126, June 17, 2017, 06:33:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munch

Quote from: Baruch on January 01, 2020, 12:32:16 PM
Creationism?

My take is, it doesn't matter what someone's religious, political or social background is, good food is just good food.. so long as it's not something weird and horrible like halal meat or flash boiling things still alive.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

I was making fun of religious fundies.  There is no creation, just rearrangement of existing ingredients.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Munch

I made chocolate fudge today. Don't have a picture because I shared it out before I remembered too.

it looked like this

very easy recipe, I just combined sweetened condensed milk with dark chocolate (70%), heated it up, poured into a 5x7 tin and chilled in the fridge for 4 hours.

Munch

Also want to make this one soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s40OHFp80Mg

it becomes harder to make and get rid of baking treats with a richness to them, since several of my family are on diets, and its to rich for my young nephews to enjoy.

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on February 01, 2020, 10:04:57 PM
I made chocolate fudge today. Don't have a picture because I shared it out before I remembered too.

it looked like this

very easy recipe, I just combined sweetened condensed milk with dark chocolate (70%), heated it up, poured into a 5x7 tin and chilled in the fridge for 4 hours.

Sorry, like brownies better, fudge is too sugary.  Can't have either now ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mr.Obvious

Brocolli-cauliflower n cheese casserole with mashed potatoes and carrot.

Iffen ya can't see it yet. I'm going to try and upload the Pic when I get home.
Made it earlier this week.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Mr.Obvious

Made chili con carne and taco's for the first time. Had  m with sour cream.forgot to take pictures, but turned out swell.
The gf never had taco's before either. She loved them.

Munch

Good job. Also that tray bake looks so good. Makes me think of before mum's diet she use to make an amazing cauliflower and cheese tray bake with seasoned new potatoes and gamon steaks.

I might just have to have a go myself, something about the melting cheese and salty gamon just goes together so well

Baruch

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on February 15, 2020, 04:33:18 PM
Made chili con carne and taco's for the first time. Had  m with sour cream.forgot to take pictures, but turned out swell.
The gf never had taco's before either. She loved them.

Soft or hard, white wheat tortilla, whole meat tortilla, yellow maize tortilla, white maize tortilla?  Was it all French style or did you use Mexican choice of spices (cumin and garlic powder).  Was the chile spicy?  Did you use turkey/chicken for the carne, or ground beef or something else?  There is a lot of choices.

I prefer to wrap mine as cylinders, not as two half circles ... holds together better.  Wrapped as cylinders, but not big enough to be a burrito, it is a tacitto.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Baruch on February 15, 2020, 10:20:54 PM
Soft or hard, white wheat tortilla, whole meat tortilla, yellow maize tortilla, white maize tortilla?  Was it all French style or did you use Mexican choice of spices (cumin and garlic powder).  Was the chile spicy?  Did you use turkey/chicken for the carne, or ground beef or something else?  There is a lot of choices.

I prefer to wrap mine as cylinders, not as two half circles ... holds together better.  Wrapped as cylinders, but not big enough to be a burrito, it is a tacitto.

Hard shell,  yellow maize no kumin but plenty of garlic and chili and paprika an pepper and salt, and a special herb mix for on the meat. Which was ground beef.
Not as spicy as  I liked, but I added some green jalapeños. The gf can't have it too spicy.

Mr.Obvious

"Preirolletjes in de oven" aka "Ovenmade leek-rolls"
Traditionally, this is made with chicory instead of leek. But the gf doesn't like chicory.

Mash some potatoes. Hard-boil some eggs.
Boil some leek/chicory. Let it leak out, don't want it to go in the oven too wet.
Preheat oven to 200°C. (Read carefully, y'all. Celcius.) Butter up an oven-tray/dish.
Make a bechamel. Wrap the leek/chicory in sliced ham.

Mashed potatoes go on the bottom, boiled eggs and the rolls go on top.
Spread out the bechamel across it. Drown the fuckers.
Finish with shredded cheese on top.

Hearty meal, perfect in winter and fall.

Munch

Looks tasty. Give me humble homemade dishes over fancy restaurant meals any day.

Munch

Heres one of my fav uk chefs, Lorraine Pascale

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIc-CtR6xNc

love her recipes, I got several of her books. A recipe she showed recently was an aussie olive damper bread. I'm gonna try this when I'm next buying ingredients.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/aussie_olive_damper_47860

trdsf

Chocolate Guinness cake is among the plans for St Pat's this year.  I've made it before and it's amazing.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Munch

I treated myself to something I've never owned before, a cast iron skillet. I've plenty of frying pans but never owned a large cast iron skillet before.

Theres a surprising amount of care that goes into it, when I've brought pans before they were pre-seasoned so didn't have to ever season a pan before. Also been looking up on guides to proper use, since I want this thing to last me a long time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLGSLCaksdY