News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Home Baking - Home cooking

Started by pr126, June 17, 2017, 06:33:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on December 04, 2019, 02:41:29 PM
If you're not educated your food can kill you, I agree.

Refreeze uncooked meat if you want.  Just don't serve it to me.  Once you unfreeze it, you must cook it or throw it out.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Munch

This isn't one I've ever baked or even tried, but in terms of food it is a fun, grizzly kinda story.

When I was young my family always took us on holidays to the county of cornwall, really nice place with the sea all around north, south and west, so you expect a lot of fishing villages and maritime legends and stories, and cooking involved.

One of the recipes I often heard about when visiting towns on the coastlines of cornwall was Stargazy Pie. Sounds nice doesn't it, something sweet and innocent sounding. The funny thing was when my mum visited a museum in one of the coastal towns in cornwall, the museum host asked visitors if they could tell her the name of the pie on display (a wax mock up of the pie itself), and my mum was the only one to identify it that day, which impressed the museum host.

Anyway, heres the pie.

its called stargazy, because the fish heads are looking up at the stars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKHr97vlsUk
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

Some people just can't take seafood.  Fortunately I am not a picky eater.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

aitm

Quote from: Munch on December 29, 2019, 09:04:13 PM
This isn't one I've ever baked or even tried, but in terms of food it is a fun, grizzly kinda story.

When I was young my family always took us on holidays to the county of cornwall, really nice place with the sea all around north, south and west, so you expect a lot of fishing villages and maritime legends and stories, and cooking involved.

One of the recipes I often heard about when visiting towns on the coastlines of cornwall was Stargazy Pie. Sounds nice doesn't it, something sweet and innocent sounding. The funny thing was when my mum visited a museum in one of the coastal towns in cornwall, the museum host asked visitors if they could tell her the name of the pie on display (a wax mock up of the pie itself), and my mum was the only one to identify it that day, which impressed the museum host.

Anyway, heres the pie.

its called stargazy, because the fish heads are looking up at the stars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKHr97vlsUk

I could have lived my entire life without seeing that nightmare....thank you very fucking much!
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Munch

Quote from: aitm on December 30, 2019, 10:45:44 AM
I could have lived my entire life without seeing that nightmare....thank you very fucking much!

maybe seeing this thing in cornwall when I went on holiday there is what started my desensitization to most horrors.

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on December 30, 2019, 01:49:08 PM
maybe seeing this thing in cornwall when I went on holiday there is what started my desensitization to most horrors.

Malapropism terrorism ... Welsh Rarebit ... not Rabbit ;-)  We call it queso on toast in the American SW.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

trdsf

Had excellent cooking over Newtonmas.  Made my first sweet potato pie (which was amazing) and my first ham, with a black rum and brown sugar glaze.  No idea what's on deck for NYE other than drinking.  We'll probably make something easy and plentiful so as to not interfere with the drinking.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Munch

Normally prefer a meal for new year's Day, I'm just gonna do a casserole though, already had a roast pork Sunday just gone.

Munch

did find an alternative to fish head/stargazy pie.

https://www.olivemagazine.com/recipes/family/peargazy-patchwork-pie/

of course, can imagine the nightmare of pealing a pear..

Mr.Obvious

Gonna make soup and spaghetti sauce next two days.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Munch

I want to try making some stews for the new year, since seems easy enough and with lot of variety

Baruch

Going to spend time relearning too cook this year.  Because I won't be wasting my time on politics.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Baruch on January 01, 2020, 12:27:53 PM
Going to spend time relearning too cook this year.  Because I won't be wasting my time on politics.

Be sure to share your creations.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mr.Obvious