Previous topic - Next topic

pr126

Munch

I had mashed up avocado on olive bread the other day
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on October 12, 2018, 05:03:29 AM
I had mashed up avocado on olive bread the other day

With garlic salt?  That is what mom always put on avocado on toast.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Munch

Not tried with garlic salt, but I'll keep that in mind next time.

pr126

Guacamole? I do make it sometimes.

Munch

I've never really liked Guacamole since the store brought stuffs always been a little to hot for my pallet, so I just use avos on their own, like cut up in fajitas or over a salad

Cavebear

Quote from: Munch on October 12, 2018, 06:37:35 AM
I've never really liked Guacamole since the store brought stuffs always been a little to hot for my pallet, so I just use avos on their own, like cut up in fajitas or over a salad

If you mean "cream of" some soup with a lot of mushrooms, that sounds rather interesting and I will try it.  But I hate avacados.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on October 14, 2018, 06:06:15 AM
If you mean "cream of" some soup with a lot of mushrooms, that sounds rather interesting and I will try it.  But I hate avacados.

I knew there was something wrong with you ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on October 14, 2018, 08:08:15 AM
I knew there was something wrong with you ;-)

I have a sudden desire for a really good pizza with pepperoni, mushrooms, hot peppers, and shallots!
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Mr.Obvious

Sadly no pictures because my phone was dead and still is. (Left the charger at work.)

Last week, I made a roast chicken from scratch.
I mean, I didn't kill and gut and pluck it myself. But chicken, stuffed with lemon and onion. Smeared in a sauce of corn-oil,  honey, garlic,  herbs and such, and put it in the oven. Make sure to moisten it up occasionaly with the sauce. It was good.

Also made enough spaghetti/lasagna sauce for like 12 days. We had spaghetti. It was okay, but I forgot to spice the meat. The sauce is good enough and I hope it's taste will drench further into the meat, but stupid mistake in any case.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Munch

Not cooking, but since its a food thread.

At the market today I brought something I've never tried before, Persimmon fruit (or Kaki some call it)

Was really nice, was kind of like mango, but didn't have the kind of bitter sweet after taste mango has.

Baruch

"drench" ... very erudite, but not per standard grammar today.  "soak" is contemporary.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

trdsf

Quote from: Munch on October 24, 2018, 07:02:55 PM
Not cooking, but since its a food thread.

At the market today I brought something I've never tried before, Persimmon fruit (or Kaki some call it)

Was really nice, was kind of like mango, but didn't have the kind of bitter sweet after taste mango has.
Ooo yes, persimmons are quite good.  I haven't had one for a while; I'll have to poke at Kroger's.  Maybe one of these days I'll have a go at persimmon jelly (or jam).
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Munch

That inspired me, thanks, I found a recipe for persimmon jam, gonna buy some more and try it.

trdsf

Quote from: Munch on October 25, 2018, 06:36:14 AM
That inspired me, thanks, I found a recipe for persimmon jam, gonna buy some more and try it.
Also, let me see if I have this right.  What we in the US call 'jelly' is 'jam' in the UK, while UK 'jelly' is our 'gelatine'.  I don't know if there's a particular term for 'jam' in British English -- the difference between (USian) jelly, jam and preserves being that jelly is made with fruit juice, jam with fruit pulp, and preserves with actual chunks of fruit included.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan