Author Topic: Home Baking - Home cooking  (Read 17539 times)

Offline pr126

Re: Home Baking - Home cooking
« Reply #375 on: October 12, 2018, 12:12:25 AM »
Creamy mushroom on toast

"Propaganda works best when those who are being manipulated are confident they are acting on their free will."
 - Joseph Goebbels

Cognitive-dissonance is fighting for women's rights and LBGT rights while defending Islam and Muslims against "Islamophobia".

Online Munch

« Reply #376 on: October 12, 2018, 05:03:29 AM »
I had mashed up avocado on olive bread the other day

Offline Baruch

« Reply #377 on: October 12, 2018, 06:13:35 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I had mashed up avocado on olive bread the other day

With garlic salt?  That is what mom always put on avocado on toast.
πŽπŽœπŽœπŽŸπŽŒπŽ€πŽπŽŽπŽ€πŽ€πŽšπŽ€πŽŸπŽπŽœπŽœπŽŸπŽπŽ€πŽπŽ‰πŽ€πŽ€πŽšπŽ€
luu shalmaata luu balt’aata
May you be well, may you be healthy

Online Munch

« Reply #378 on: October 12, 2018, 06:17:26 AM »
Not tried with garlic salt, but I'll keep that in mind next time.

Offline pr126

« Reply #379 on: October 12, 2018, 06:25:54 AM »
Guacamole? I do make it sometimes.
"Propaganda works best when those who are being manipulated are confident they are acting on their free will."
 - Joseph Goebbels

Cognitive-dissonance is fighting for women's rights and LBGT rights while defending Islam and Muslims against "Islamophobia".

Online Munch

« Reply #380 on: October 12, 2018, 06:37:35 AM »
I've never really liked Guacamole since the store brought stuffs always been a little to hot for my pallet, so I just use avos on their own, like cut up in fajitas or over a salad

Offline Cavebear

« Reply #381 on: October 14, 2018, 06:06:15 AM »
I've never really liked Guacamole since the store brought stuffs always been a little to hot for my pallet, so I just use avos on their own, like cut up in fajitas or over a salad

If you mean "cream of" some soup with a lot of mushrooms, that sounds rather interesting and I will try it.  But I hate avacados.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Offline Baruch

« Reply #382 on: October 14, 2018, 08:08:15 AM »
If you mean "cream of" some soup with a lot of mushrooms, that sounds rather interesting and I will try it.  But I hate avacados.

I knew there was something wrong with you ;-)
πŽπŽœπŽœπŽŸπŽŒπŽ€πŽπŽŽπŽ€πŽ€πŽšπŽ€πŽŸπŽπŽœπŽœπŽŸπŽπŽ€πŽπŽ‰πŽ€πŽ€πŽšπŽ€

Offline Cavebear

« Reply #383 on: October 14, 2018, 08:36:44 AM »
I knew there was something wrong with you ;-)

I have a sudden desire for a really good pizza with pepperoni, mushrooms, hot peppers, and shallots!
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Offline Mr.Obvious

« Reply #384 on: October 24, 2018, 06:46:15 PM »
Sadly no pictures because my phone was dead and still is. (Left the charger at work.)

Last week, I made a roast chicken from scratch.
I mean, I didn't kill and gut and pluck it myself. But chicken, stuffed with lemon and onion. Smeared in a sauce of corn-oil,  honey, garlic,  herbs and such, and put it in the oven. Make sure to moisten it up occasionaly with the sauce. It was good.

Also made enough spaghetti/lasagna sauce for like 12 days. We had spaghetti. It was okay, but I forgot to spice the meat. The sauce is good enough and I hope it's taste will drench further into the meat, but stupid mistake in any case.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, requesting 69 last night.

Online Munch

« Reply #385 on: October 24, 2018, 07:02:55 PM »
Not cooking, but since its a food thread.

At the market today I brought something I've never tried before, Persimmon fruit (or Kaki some call it)

Was really nice, was kind of like mango, but didn't have the kind of bitter sweet after taste mango has.

Offline Baruch

« Reply #386 on: October 24, 2018, 07:55:10 PM »
"drench" ... very erudite, but not per standard grammar today.  "soak" is contemporary.

Offline trdsf

« Reply #387 on: October 25, 2018, 06:25:10 AM »
Not cooking, but since its a food thread.

At the market today I brought something I've never tried before, Persimmon fruit (or Kaki some call it)

Was really nice, was kind of like mango, but didn't have the kind of bitter sweet after taste mango has.
Ooo yes, persimmons are quite good.  I haven't had one for a while; I'll have to poke at Kroger's.  Maybe one of these days I'll have a go at persimmon jelly (or jam).
Sir Terry Pratchett, on being told about the theory that the universe is a computer simulation: "If we all get out and in again, would it start to work properly this time?"

Online Munch

« Reply #388 on: October 25, 2018, 06:36:14 AM »
That inspired me, thanks, I found a recipe for persimmon jam, gonna buy some more and try it.

Offline trdsf

« Reply #389 on: October 25, 2018, 05:23:22 PM »
That inspired me, thanks, I found a recipe for persimmon jam, gonna buy some more and try it.
Also, let me see if I have this right.  What we in the US call 'jelly' is 'jam' in the UK, while UK 'jelly' is our 'gelatine'.  I don't know if there's a particular term for 'jam' in British English -- the difference between (USian) jelly, jam and preserves being that jelly is made with fruit juice, jam with fruit pulp, and preserves with actual chunks of fruit included.
Sir Terry Pratchett, on being told about the theory that the universe is a computer simulation: "If we all get out and in again, would it start to work properly this time?"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk