News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Home Baking - Home cooking

Started by pr126, June 17, 2017, 06:33:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

Quote from: pr126 on September 12, 2018, 04:28:15 AM
I recommend puff pastry, ready rolled from the supermarket.
No need for the bottom cover. Just use for the top.

Yeah, the recipe called for that.  But, I did have the dough on hand and it seemed to get crispy enough for pizza, so, well...

On the other hand, ignoring the bottom and top crust disaster, I had a really good chicken stew...   Nothing went to waste except some leftover pizza dough. And I'm composting that.

Although, the crust is in lumps and I'm thinking of deep-frying it briefly.  Trying to think of what would go good with that!
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

pr126

Very low carb (ketone) diet for diabetes.
Lentils, Kale, carrots, and a burger.

Banished potatoes, rice, pasta.

(lost 3lbs. in 2 weeks) 

Delicious Ketogenic Cookie And Dessert Recipes For Weight Loss

Munch

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

pr126

Chocolate "mug cake" made in the microwave in 90 seconds.
My first try came out nice.

Chocolate "mug cake" made in the microwave in 90 seconds.
My first try, came out nice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_hTsviwJr0

Munch

nice, I need to buy some ramekins.s

I've made mug brownies before in similar ways, becomes very hot or miss, though I tried to avoid any recipe that uses sunflower oil.

aitm

"they" say that breakfast is the best drink of the day.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Cavebear

pr126

Munch

Cavebear

Quote from: pr126 on October 04, 2018, 08:23:29 AM
Almond Cookies

I like almonds.  And some almond cookies sound good right now.  Nice.

Cavebear

trdsf

This recipe makes a dozen terrific hamburger buns, quickly.  I made a batch for the first time tonight, leaving half plain and sprinkling Penzey's Krakow Nights over the other half.  Just unspeakably good.  I ate two plain before the meat finished cooking.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Munch

I use to keep a lot of active dry yeast in the house since use to have a breadmaker, made really nice warm loafs fresh.
Sadly the old break maker broke one year and I stopped buying yeast.

Does sound like a nice idea though to try again in the oven.

trdsf

Quote from: Munch on October 04, 2018, 09:00:24 PM
I use to keep a lot of active dry yeast in the house since use to have a breadmaker, made really nice warm loafs fresh.
Sadly the old break maker broke one year and I stopped buying yeast.

Does sound like a nice idea though to try again in the oven.
I used to be really intimidated by breads, but the more I tackle, the easier I find it.  I only wish I'd had some sesame seeds I could've put on them.  The ones in that recipe couldn't be much easier -- there's only a five minute proofing for the yeast and a ten minute rising time for the buns.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan