News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Home Baking - Home cooking

Started by pr126, June 17, 2017, 06:33:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Baruch on September 05, 2018, 01:12:38 PM
Ensign Checkov told me, the Russians invented Brussels sprouts ;-)

They can have that. I don't care.

But nobody messes with fries.

Nor do i like being confused with The dutch.

Either one.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

pr126

Cavebear

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on September 03, 2018, 04:44:53 PM
My gf had both her first day of work after two months holiday. (She's a kindergarten teacher.) As well as her birthday.

I took a day off to clean the house so she would come back to a clean place, and decided to cook up a three-course dinner.

For starters: Melon and shrimp salad (with added yellow paprika), with a vinaigrette sauce

The sauce was store bought in this one.

For the main course: Meatballs in tomatosaus

I did mash too, but that didn't look too well and I threw away what was left. This portion is going into the freezer. I feel I got the seasoning right.

And for desert: Torta di cioccolato Tipa Truffe:

You can serve this with whipped cream. Or with ice-cream, like I did. Another popular option seems to be to put icing sugar on the top.
I wanted mine to rise a bit more and to fall down in the middle, but this is not a bad first try for me.

I hope she enjoyed it.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Mr.Obvious

"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Cavebear

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on September 08, 2018, 01:03:10 PM
She did :)

The good thing about men cooking is that the ladies love it.  One part about 'Clan Of The Cave Bear' was that Neanderthal women did all the cooking.  So when the Cro-Magnon heroine left the Clan and found a Cro-Magnon male, when he just casually cooked a meal while she was away, she was so stunned that she wouldn't have cared if it was burnt to a crisp, just to not have to cook after hunting for food that day.

To him, it was normal; to her, it was amazing.  And BTW, he was a very good cook, so it wasn't "burnt to a crisp".

Munch

no cooking but still food.

I got a pack of these today.

While I wouldn't say they taste of candy floss, they are insanely sweet, probably the sweetest fruit I've ever bitten into.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Cavebear

Quote from: Munch on September 08, 2018, 02:32:39 PM

While I wouldn't say they taste of candy floss, they are insanely sweet, probably the sweetest fruit I've ever bitten into.

Well, I WOULD like a taste of fruit with my sugar...  ;)

Munch

Seriously I dunno how they get the flavor in these, how they breed them to be so sweet, but it hits you the moment you bite into them, I can't post an image of the ones I have because I finished them all in one afternoon.

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on September 08, 2018, 02:32:39 PM

Hope that is fake sugar (no diabetes impact).  And they appear addictive, like chocolate covered coffee beans.  Gotta be bad for you.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on September 08, 2018, 01:13:06 PM
The good thing about men cooking is that the ladies love it.  One part about 'Clan Of The Cave Bear' was that Neanderthal women did all the cooking.  So when the Cro-Magnon heroine left the Clan and found a Cro-Magnon male, when he just casually cooked a meal while she was away, she was so stunned that she wouldn't have cared if it was burnt to a crisp, just to not have to cook after hunting for food that day.

To him, it was normal; to her, it was amazing.  And BTW, he was a very good cook, so it wasn't "burnt to a crisp".

Men did barbecue going back to the old Stone Age.  Women had salad.  So what you describe from the book, which is ridiculously feminist BTW, is far from anything realistic.  Men hunt, women gather.  And we still do.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

Quote from: Baruch on September 08, 2018, 03:16:52 PM
Hope that is fake sugar (no diabetes impact).  And they appear addictive, like chocolate covered coffee beans.  Gotta be bad for you.

apparently its all natural and is nothing more then manipulating the chromosome of the grapes and grown a certain way.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/living/4270161/asda-candy-floss-flavoured-grapes/

pr126

Quote from: Munch on September 08, 2018, 04:02:47 PM
apparently its all natural and is nothing more then manipulating the chromosome of the grapes and grown a certain way.

Natural or not, it will still affect your glucose level. Fruit contains lots of sugar.
Do a blood test after such a stunt and see how it affects your blood sugar level.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fqpD3v_aOQ

Munch

Oh I know that, when I was younger if I was suffering a hypoglycemic attack I'd eat a banana for some quick carbs.

When I've had a fruit salad I monitor my sugar levels after. It's the fructose in it.

Also holy shit that guy goes a long time between blinks

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on September 08, 2018, 04:02:47 PM

Yes, Britain is top in transgenics.  The added chromosomes could be from sheep, people or both ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on September 09, 2018, 06:12:48 AM
Oh I know that, when I was younger if I was suffering a hypoglycemic attack I'd eat a banana for some quick carbs.

When I've had a fruit salad I monitor my sugar levels after. It's the fructose in it.

Also holy shit that guy goes a long time between blinks

Maybe the nannites have taken hold, after he ate scifi food.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.