Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Home Baking - Home cooking

Started by pr126, June 17, 2017, 06:33:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Munch on August 16, 2018, 07:51:52 AM
looks nice, a veg or carrot soup?

And what kinda cookies are they, look kinda like butter cookies. (I've been meaning to make butter cookies)

Butter cookies indeed, but a local specialty: antwerpse handjes. Has almond in The dough.

The soup was mostly tomatoes, but also carrots, paprika, a little bit of onion, Some Potato, and a good deal of zucchini and leek.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

pr126

Munch

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Mr.Obvious

Omelette du fromage

With cherry-tomatoes and green paprika.

https://youtu.be/cfHSIrVh_wY
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Munch

I've not baked anything in a while, so I decided to treat myself today.

Made waffle batter, got out my old waffle iron (needed a dust off) brought some maple syrup and made some.

Made sure my blood sugar was okay before having them ^^

Cavebear

Quote from: pr126 on August 19, 2018, 11:21:57 AM
One of my favorite channels. Have a look.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRIZtPl9nb9RiXc9btSTQNw

Well, yeah, it is hard to make a bad soup with a tomato base and some veggies.  That's a go-to for me.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

pr126

Another Cherry clafouti

Munch

Looks really nice. Do you have it with anything like cream or Greek yogurt?

These days since its still strawberry season I've been having cut up Strawberry's, mixed with Greek yogurt and a light sprinkle of stevia on top

pr126

No nothing. Just as it is.
BTW, these are packs of frozen cherries from Tesco, 500 gr for £2.00
A 9" cake form, 3 eggs, some flour, milk, vanilla essence and a pinch of salt. That's it.
Fast and easy, bake for 45 minutes at 180c

Defrost cherries overnight in the fridge.

Edit: You may have noticed that I have omitted sugar from the recipe.
That is because I use xylitol instead of sugar.

Munch

oh yeah I thought it be xylitol. How much do you use in say this, like 1/4 what you would sugar?

pr126

Quote from: Munch on August 25, 2018, 12:43:31 PM
oh yeah I thought it be xylitol. How much do you use in say this, like 1/4 what you would sugar?

Exactly the same amount.
If you have a spoonful of sugar and a spoonful of xylitol you will be unable to tell which is which.
Looks the same, tastes the same.

trdsf

Well, that was a pleasant discovery.  I had a frozen turkey breast to do something with and had a sudden mad craving for dressing to go with it.  Not having any mix in hand, and not wanting to have to go to the store, I freestyled it thusly:

• Put four slices of bread in the oven towards the front so I can grab them out easily later.  Half an hour at 325F (the breast cutlet will be in there for 50 minutes anyway).  After pulling them out of the oven, cube them more or less.  It doesn't have to be neat.
  • Heat up 1 cup of chicken broth/bouillon/whatever's handy.  Vegetable broth would work as well, I suppose.  This is an art, not a science.  Two teaspoons (regular flatware, not measuring spoons) of corn meal, and a handful of frozen veggies.  I would've liked celery and onions, but I didn't have that handy, so peas and carrots stood in and did quite a good job of it.  Spice and season as desired; I used a couple good pinches of Penzey's Krakow Nights, which I put on everything just short of desserts.
  • When hot, chuck in the bread.  It will thicken very quickly; once all the liquid's been absorbed, just turn the heat off and cover it.  It will hold until the turkey breast is done.
  • Devour.

I'd give pictures, but I didn't think to until after I ate it.  :)
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Cavebear

Quote from: trdsf on August 26, 2018, 12:17:29 AM
Well, that was a pleasant discovery.  I had a frozen turkey breast to do something with and had a sudden mad craving for dressing to go with it.  Not having any mix in hand, and not wanting to have to go to the store, I freestyled it thusly:

• Put four slices of bread in the oven towards the front so I can grab them out easily later.  Half an hour at 325F (the breast cutlet will be in there for 50 minutes anyway).  After pulling them out of the oven, cube them more or less.  It doesn't have to be neat.
  • Heat up 1 cup of chicken broth/bouillon/whatever's handy.  Vegetable broth would work as well, I suppose.  This is an art, not a science.  Two teaspoons (regular flatware, not measuring spoons) of corn meal, and a handful of frozen veggies.  I would've liked celery and onions, but I didn't have that handy, so peas and carrots stood in and did quite a good job of it.  Spice and season as desired; I used a couple good pinches of Penzey's Krakow Nights, which I put on everything just short of desserts.
  • When hot, chuck in the bread.  It will thicken very quickly; once all the liquid's been absorbed, just turn the heat off and cover it.  It will hold until the turkey breast is done.
  • Devour.

I'd give pictures, but I didn't think to until after I ate it.  :)

Sounds good.  Here is a typical dinner for me: 
Pull out cooked meat from freezer.
Think it is pork.
Decide lots of sauted bell peppers and the pork would be good.
Saute peppers in wok.
Thaw meat in M/W
Discover it is a flattened chicken breast.
With olives and lemon quarters.
Decide the peppers won't go with the chicken.
Decide to use the chicken with noodles and gravy.
And a big tossed salad.
And sauted mushrooms.
Decide chicken and mushrooms would actually go with the peppers.
Cook angel hair spaghetti.
Toss in some red pepper flakes for heat.
Mix all together. 
No not the salad, everything else.
Actually comes out pretty good.

Fresh fruit for dessert...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

pr126

Creme cheese and cucumber sandwich

Ham sandwich

Munch

I remember my mothers cousins arranged a big family get together where I got to see my great aunts and uncles. For it I did a platter of tuna mayo, cucumber and paprika sandwiches. platter was clear by the end.

Never underestimate the power of paprika.