News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Home Baking - Home cooking

Started by pr126, June 17, 2017, 06:33:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 01, 2018, 06:33:24 AM
I make that myself sometimes.  With cannellini beans and some tomatoes.  And a good spoonful of oregano.

oooh, thats sounds good!! though I never had cannellini beans before but seen them when picking up the mixed beans.
I might try it with some tomato puree and oregano next time.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Munch

Quote from: pr126 on July 22, 2018, 08:55:36 AM
No sugar of any sort. Xylitol, 100 gr in the batter.

I forgot, I wanted to ask you something since it relates to food and diabetes. I'm assuming you might get an attack of it now and again, since you seem to follow a very strict and healthy diet, but if there are any times you suffer from hypoglycemia, how do you sort yours out?
I often keep a bottle of lucozade or another energy drink stored away, but usually when an attack comes on I just want to eat anything fast, so I do myself a sweet tea and have a couple biscuits.

Baruch

I am diabetic too.  There are two events, low sugar and high sugar.  My sugar goes high, many people suffer a drop.  If you suffer a drop, you need a quick sugar hit, though regular small doses of slow to digest carbs is best.  That and eat salads and meat a lot.  This method works for both kinds (except when it doesn't).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Munch

Quote from: Baruch on August 01, 2018, 08:30:57 PM
I am diabetic too.  There are two events, low sugar and high sugar.  My sugar goes high, many people suffer a drop.  If you suffer a drop, you need a quick sugar hit, though regular small doses of slow to digest carbs is best.  That and eat salads and meat a lot.  This method works for both kinds (except when it doesn't).

Which type are you again? I'm type 1, diagnosed at age 2

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on August 02, 2018, 02:54:10 PM
Which type are you again? I'm type 1, diagnosed at age 2

Type 2 ... developed late, as usual.  Sorry for you too.  Did you ever see the dramatized movie about the Canadian doctor who developed insulin?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

Quote from: Baruch on August 02, 2018, 08:25:28 PM
Type 2 ... developed late, as usual.  Sorry for you too.  Did you ever see the dramatized movie about the Canadian doctor who developed insulin?

nope, though have been curious on the history of the discovery of insulin.

pr126

Quote from: Munch on August 01, 2018, 05:30:56 PM
I forgot, I wanted to ask you something since it relates to food and diabetes. I'm assuming you might get an attack of it now and again, since you seem to follow a very strict and healthy diet, but if there are any times you suffer from hypoglycemia, how do you sort yours out?
I often keep a bottle of lucozade or another energy drink stored away, but usually when an attack comes on I just want to eat anything fast, so I do myself a sweet tea and have a couple biscuits.
I have diabetes type 2.
Never had any attacks, all I do is refrain from sugar, just using sugar substitutes.
Reducing carbohydrates, but not much.
One Glucophage 500 mg after every evening meal, that's it.

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on August 02, 2018, 08:59:31 PM
nope, though have been curious on the history of the discovery of insulin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqpAtsdmenA

I knew another Type 1 victim on-line, who was allergic to animal insulin.  She had to obtain a special version from GB.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on August 02, 2018, 11:40:09 PM
I have diabetes type 2.
Never had any attacks, all I do is refrain from sugar, just using sugar substitutes.
Reducing carbohydrates, but not much.
One Glucophage 500 mg after every evening meal, that's it.

In my case, careful reduction of sugar and carbohydrates, and 1000mg Metformin twice a day.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

Its quite bizarre to think, its only been in the last century that insulin has been discovered and in production. If I was born any other time in history I'd have been dead at age 2

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on August 03, 2018, 06:18:37 AM
Its quite bizarre to think, its only been in the last century that insulin has been discovered and in production. If I was born any other time in history I'd have been dead at age 2

Look at the good side ... you wouldn't have to decide between May and Corbyn ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

hehe.. i'm picking neither. Freedom of no choice.

pr126

Chicken Pilaw

Chicken, rice, onions, mushrooms, peas, sweetcorn, bell peppers, carrots diced,  chicken stock.

Cooked in the pressure cooker for 15 minutes.

Cavebear

Quote from: pr126 on August 04, 2018, 05:52:02 AM
Chicken Pilaw

Chicken, rice, onions, mushrooms, peas, sweetcorn, bell peppers, carrots diced,  chicken stock.

Cooked in the pressure cooker for 15 minutes.

Same every day?  To me that is like cooking a big batch of anything and storing portions in containers, which is good.  But I want variety.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

pr126

Not the same every day.
I freeze the containers and have one of those once a week.
Sheesh.