News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Home Baking - Home cooking

Started by pr126, June 17, 2017, 06:33:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munch

my friend visiting me, made nachos, at 11pm at night.

nachos..

at 11pm..

before bed..

I both love it.. and hate it..
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Cavebear

Quote from: pr126 on June 25, 2018, 07:40:34 AM
It is not a bread, more like a light pancake batter. Eggs, milk, cream, and a little flour.
Can be done with various fruits, berries, cherries.

I bought frozen cherries already pitted.

Wow, cherry pancakes, a little cream, rolled up in a thin pancake...  I gotta try THAT!  I make perfect pancakes, that is just one step away.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

pr126

Cherry clafoutis is not a pancake.
A similar mixture is used but in a pie dish, baked in the oven.
Did you follow the recipe in the video?

Baruch

Some guys are crepes ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on June 25, 2018, 07:48:01 AM
my friend visiting me, made nachos, at 11pm at night.

nachos..

at 11pm..

before bed..

I both love it.. and hate it..

Do Englishmen use real jalapeño?  Nachos originate in W Texas, where I am from.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

Never had spam before, so did spam egg and beans for breakfast.

SGOS

So what did you think of Spam?  Although you have to eat it more than once.  At some point you will find a section vein or artery that they didn't even bother to grind up so you wouldn't notice.  Veins and arteries are not chewable.  They are resilient and squishy, but unless you are a Tyrannosaurs Rex, you can't bite through them.  At that point you can re-evaluate Spam.  Years ago, Spam was advertised as new and improved, which actually doesn't tell you much.  I knew how to improve Spam, but whatever was improved went by me unnoticed.  Never the less, real men take spam when they camp out during a hunt for wild meat, which sometimes by comparison, makes the Spam seem OK.

And when I was a kid, and my family was poor, my mother would bake a can of spam, and stick cloves in it, then put it on a platter, and set in the middle of the table like a roast pig.  I think that was the most elegant way I've ever seen Spam served.  I think we all enjoyed it and my mother felt proud of herself.

The name implies it's a type of ham, and it probably has some pork in it along with beef, kangaroo, rats, and who knows what else.  It's a great American tradition, and at the rate we are going, we will all be eating it soon.

Baruch

Don't ask how sausages or legislation get made!

Yes, unprepared campers have to eat road kill, uncooked.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

This is the first time I've had it. Really after being fried it reminds me of gammon steak, kind of salty and little chewy, but overall pretty good. I could see this being a good thing to bring with you on a trip, but like you say it seems pot luck if you get a clear one.

aitm

I am pleased that I remember enough of spam to not know what it tasted like but that I didn't like it.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Munch

Quote from: aitm on July 01, 2018, 11:58:21 AM
I am pleased that I remember enough of spam to not know what it tasted like but that I didn't like it.

don't think I'll make a habit of it, just wanted to try it out. Its like haggis, once you tried it you can say you did, even though neither of them would be something I'd regularly eat.

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on July 01, 2018, 07:14:48 PM
don't think I'll make a habit of it, just wanted to try it out. Its like haggis, once you tried it you can say you did, even though neither of them would be something I'd regularly eat.

Yes, Spam might taste better if you include a good single malt scotch chaser ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Munch on July 01, 2018, 07:14:48 PM

My opinion is that Spam isn't ham, but it is SURE better than stuff like haggis.  IOW, I suppose I could eat a fried spam sandwich in a pinch with mustard and onions, but haggis would be fish bait or chum.

Munch

Quote from: Cavebear on July 02, 2018, 12:25:04 AM
My opinion is that Spam isn't ham, but it is SURE better than stuff like haggis.  IOW, I suppose I could eat a fried spam sandwich in a pinch with mustard and onions, but haggis would be fish bait or chum.

It really just seemed like a savory kind of mincemeat (the haggis) not unpleasant, but not something I'd rush to try again. If there were only haggis burgers left at a BBQ I'd eat one

Cavebear

Quote from: Munch on July 02, 2018, 05:58:22 AM
It really just seemed like a savory kind of mincemeat (the haggis) not unpleasant, but not something I'd rush to try again. If there were only haggis burgers left at a BBQ I'd eat one

Well, if you are starving, something is better than nothing.  Barely, LOL!