News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Home Baking - Home cooking

Started by pr126, June 17, 2017, 06:33:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munch

Pff, Jamie olivers a liar, he's never done an episode naked.

Here's how you do it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mNpyROa1f4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJQqV3XFtrU

or if its to much ass hair for some, theres one step removed from naked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zV240KxIRTw&list=FLPKGUBk3i6P5Cy3dWfYJ3Sw&index=143&t=0s

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Cavebear

Quote from: Munch on June 11, 2018, 02:43:33 PM
Pff, Jamie olivers a liar, he's never done an episode naked.

Here's how you do it:

or if its to much ass hair for some, theres one step removed from naked.

Well, I HAVE to admit I really didn't think that anyone actually DID!  But when I went to college, there was this ONE guy who went around and attended classes Naked!  Well, it sure did give him "personal space" in the lecture halls!  LOL!
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Munch

Quote from: Cavebear on June 11, 2018, 02:49:45 PM
Well, I HAVE to admit I really didn't think that anyone actually DID!  But when I went to college, there was this ONE guy who went around and attended classes Naked!  Well, it sure did give him "personal space" in the lecture halls!  LOL!

oh, okay.

what.. urm.. was the name of this collage, just curious, for... academic curiosity

Cavebear

Quote from: Munch on June 11, 2018, 03:08:41 PM
oh, okay.

what.. urm.. was the name of this collage, just curious, for... academic curiosity

University of Maryland, College Park Campus.  But that was 45 years ago. 

SGOS

Ex
Quote from: Cavebear on June 11, 2018, 04:36:17 PM
University of Maryland, College Park Campus.  But that was 45 years ago. 
45 years ago would have been 1973, which I recall was during the era of the streakers, which lasted maybe a few years or less, where naked people would show up at sporting events and briefly run across the sports field naked, and then disappear into the crowd, or some guy would run naked through the Lobby of the Conrad Hilton Hotel and disappear before the police could show up. It became a national epidemic that was of great concern, as the streakers multiplied while frustrating well trained police forces at every turn.  I can't remember anyone ever getting arrested.  The country was in turmoil.  No one knew what to do about it.  Then it just kind of ended.

I was working at the University of Maine at the time, and we also had some serious streaker problems.  One guy couldn't quite get the hang of it would just show up every evening outside one women's dorm and stand around naked on the lawn calling to the women residents.

One time there was an organized streaking for Charity, something called the Jimmy Fund.  People at one cafeteria could donate to the Jimmy fund and see someone streak the cafeteria at supper time... one night only.  The TV station showed up, and about 20 students both, men and women, streaked just outside the large windows of the cafeteria, and quickly disappeared into various dorms.  But the TV didn't get great pictures, because there was a heavy Maine snow storm going on, and the all you could see was snow coming down during the event on the evening news.  About half the streakers worked for me as Residents or Head Residents of the dormatories.  The guy who was the best man at my wedding, who also worked for me, was in the mob.  He was wearing nothing but snow shoes.

Oh, the horror.

Munch

Ah the 70s. Well I wasn't even a zygote then so missed it sadly.

Cavebear

Quote from: Munch on June 11, 2018, 03:08:41 PM
oh, okay.

Sorry, Munch, I don't have any pictures...  LOL!

Cavebear

Quote from: SGOS on June 11, 2018, 05:01:58 PM
Ex45 years ago would have been 1973, which I recall was during the era of the streakers, which lasted maybe a few years or less, where naked people would show up at sporting events and briefly run across the sports field naked, and then disappear into the crowd, or some guy would run naked through the Lobby of the Conrad Hilton Hotel and disappear before the police could show up. It became a national epidemic that was of great concern, as the streakers multiplied while frustrating well trained police forces at every turn.  I can't remember anyone ever getting arrested.  The country was in turmoil.  No one knew what to do about it.  Then it just kind of ended.

I was working at the University of Maine at the time, and we also had some serious streaker problems.  One guy couldn't quite get the hang of it would just show up every evening outside one women's dorm and stand around naked on the lawn calling to the women residents.

One time there was an organized streaking for Charity, something called the Jimmy Fund.  People at one cafeteria could donate to the Jimmy fund and see someone streak the cafeteria at supper time... one night only.  The TV station showed up, and about 20 students both, men and women, streaked just outside the large windows of the cafeteria, and quickly disappeared into various dorms.  But the TV didn't get great pictures, because there was a heavy Maine snow storm going on, and the all you could see was snow coming down during the event on the evening news.  About half the streakers worked for me as Residents or Head Residents of the dormatories.  The guy who was the best man at my wedding, who also worked for me, was in the mob.  He was wearing nothing but snow shoes.

Oh, the horror.

Well, OK it was 1970.  A guy on my floor of the 1st coed dorm at Univ Of MD stood on the back of a VW Bug wearing only a cape streaming behind him and waving a burning broom.  The VW circled the inside of the dorm quadrangle and then disappeared.  And that guy went on to become a State  Policeman.   as best we know.

Hey, he graduated and disappeared.  It was HIS claim that he had been accepted as a State Cop.I think he did send us a picture of himself in uniform.

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on June 11, 2018, 01:30:04 PM
I had a BBQ on sunday, chicken thighs and sausages. The chicken was really nice, tender, marinaded with a mix of paprika, cumin, cayenne pepper, garlic, salt and pepper and oil, those came out amazing.
The sausages however, not so much, maybe it was the brand I got, but the skins were really thick, kind of chewy. The inside meat was fine, just the skin was chewy.

they were these:

might try another kind and see if it was just these sausages.

Best old horse money can buy, I hear ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

aitm

Last year I dreamt a entire dish. Sounds funny I know, but there I was cooking fish which I rarely have because the wife doesn't like fish...too fishy....hoy boy!

Anyway, this dish came to me and I did it that weekend for some friends....didn't even give it a trial run, just sounded perfect so:

Pick your fish of choice, I started with tilapia because it is thinner and the wife, kid and grandkid would probably not whine to much and now we are on haddock.

Season the fish with lemon pepper seasoning---redundant eh? Saute gently over low/medium heat in enough butter to cover the bottom of the pan for x fishies....add a teaspoon of honey for 4 filets..(do the math) add a splash of lime juice..NOT FUCKING LEMON! Lime has a nice zing to it.

The main bed is wild rice. I prefer Zatarains. Next is the corn relish. Chop up some bell pepper, I use a mix of green, red and yellow just for color. Lighty saute for a few minutes in butter and a teaspoon of garlic and a teaspoon of tarragon. After a couple minutes, add some finely chopped green onion and a cup of frozen white corn ( I prefer the "baby white" which is kind of hard to find) once the veggies are cooked to the point where they still have some crunch add a couple tablespoons of chopped tomato, and a splash of lime juice. Give it a couple more minutes and i then believe  you will find a new fav meal. Do not be hesitant on the lime juice, it IS the X factor.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

SGOS

I've been eating a lot of fish lately.  I've avoided it in the past because it seemed expensive, and it is, but I sure enjoy it. Salmon or cod a couple of times a week.

Cavebear

Quote from: pr126 on June 11, 2018, 01:10:43 PM
No, I don't remove the skin, it is very thin, but prick it a few times to stop it exploding.
Never fry sausages naked!

The gravy is in a jar in a powder form.
One heaped teaspoon and boiling water, mix with a small whisk a minute or so and pour. It is the lazy way, I know.  But buying ready gravy is uneconomical.

I do make chicken stock proper with bones and vegetables and freeze it in containers for other things.

You will like this.  As I looked at the jarred gravy yesterday, I saw there was the powdered Brown Gravy you mentioned.  It was in huge jar, so I didn't buy it.  But now I know it is a available here.  Sometimes you just have to know something exists to notice it on the grocery shelves...

pr126

Probably the catering size for commercial use.

200 gr jar will last a long time. Unless you make gravy every day.
I use a teaspoon of powder maybe once a week.

Don’t buy the cheaper ones. They are not worth the money.

Cavebear

Quote from: pr126 on June 14, 2018, 03:57:57 AM
Probably the catering size for commercial use.

200 gr jar will last a long time. Unless you make gravy every day.
I use a teaspoon of powder maybe once a week.

Don’t buy the cheaper ones. They are not worth the money.

Yeah, the one I looked at seemed "cheap" and I wasn't impresssed by the ingredients.  But there are stores I shop at for specialty items, so I will look for smaller amounts of better quality powdered gravy.  If I am going to give it a try, best to try with good stuff.

pr126

I am about to make meatballs in tomato sauce for pasta.