Main Menu

Home Baking - Home cooking

Started by pr126, June 17, 2017, 06:33:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

Quote from: pr126 on June 05, 2018, 10:52:14 PM
Pan fried sausages.
Bisto Favourite Gravy Granules 170G

Here is another: A schnitzel with noodles and spinach.

I can't handle noodles without some sauce or gravy.  Pasta needs some lubricant, LOL!
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Cavebear

Quote from: Munch on June 07, 2018, 04:14:29 PM
Well it looks nice, might try it one day.

Also the chief in the videos a dish himself :3

Hmmm, I make a good hot italian sausage with cannellini bean stew (with minced carrots, onion, and green pepper and oregano) but I have seldom tried adding pasta to it.  How does farfelle sound?

pr126

Quote from: Cavebear on June 08, 2018, 03:31:58 AM
I can't handle noodles without some sauce or gravy.  Pasta needs some lubricant, LOL!
Melted butter?

Cavebear

Quote from: pr126 on June 08, 2018, 04:02:33 AM
Melted butter?

OK, I wasn't thinking outside the box.  Some cheese, a little cream, and some butter, a dash of dry sherry, whisked...

Thank you.

Munch

Quote from: Cavebear on June 08, 2018, 03:39:55 AM
Hmmm, I make a good hot italian sausage with cannellini bean stew (with minced carrots, onion, and green pepper and oregano) but I have seldom tried adding pasta to it.  How does farfelle sound?

Hmm I suppose, though the beans are already a source of carbohydrate right?
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

pr126

Quote from: Cavebear on June 08, 2018, 04:23:06 AM
OK, I wasn't thinking outside the box.  Some cheese, a little cream, and some butter, a dash of dry sherry, whisked...

Thank you.
Dry sherry? I don't have alcohol in my house.
It's a Muslim thing. We don't touch alcohol. ;0)

Cavebear

Quote from: pr126 on June 08, 2018, 04:35:31 AM
Dry sherry? I don't have alcohol in my house.
It's a Muslim thing. We don't touch alcohol. ;0)

Technically, virtually all the alcohol evaporates almost imediately.  But I understand it is the concept rather than the reality that concerns you. 

pr126

Quote from: Cavebear on June 08, 2018, 05:20:44 AM
Technically, virtually all the alcohol evaporates almost imediately.  But I understand it is the concept rather than the reality that concerns you. 
I was only kidding about the "Muslim thing".
I don't drink alcohol for health reasons. I stopped drinking 5 years ago. I don't miss it.

Cavebear

Quote from: pr126 on June 08, 2018, 10:58:30 AM
I was only kidding about the "Muslim thing".
I don't drink alcohol for health reasons. I stopped drinking 5 years ago. I don't miss it.

Well, you sure did surprise me with the "Muslim thing" (which would be fine with me if true).  And your newer statement is fine too.  But either way, my statement stands.  Given the small amount added to cooking and the fast rate of evaporation, there is effectively no alcohol after it is heated. 

pr126

Quote from: Cavebear on June 08, 2018, 09:49:35 PM
Well, you sure did surprise me with the "Muslim thing" (which would be fine with me if true).  And your newer statement is fine too.  But either way, my statement stands.  Given the small amount added to cooking and the fast rate of evaporation, there is effectively no alcohol after it is heated. 
I know. I was a chef working in hotels and restaurants in 3 countries for 18 years.

Cavebear

Quote from: pr126 on June 08, 2018, 11:27:18 PM
I know. I was a chef working in hotels and restaurants in 3 countries for 18 years.

So you just made up that concern about being Muslim AND the alcohol remnants?  You should go work for Trump.  He LOVES people who can do that so casually...

Shame on you!  I mean, I thought "cooking" would be an honest place, and you couldn't even do that.  There is nothing trustable about you.

pr126

Oh dear. That makes me sad.

Munch

Can we not here please, keep this a food and cooking appreciation thread and take politics to the other threads
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

pr126

Quote from: Munch on June 11, 2018, 05:41:40 AM

Can we not here please, keep this a food and cooking appreciation thread and take politics to the other threads
Oh, stop it. I am still crying.

Cavebear

Quote from: Munch on June 11, 2018, 05:41:40 AM

I'm actually sorry.  I didn't realize my post was ON the home baking thread (sometimes you just miss the name of the thread)  I would not have posted it otherwise.