News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Home Baking - Home cooking

Started by pr126, June 17, 2017, 06:33:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munch

Quote from: Cavebear on July 22, 2017, 02:21:07 AM
Needs more carrots, LOL!  And, those aren't cauliflowers?

all carrots were at the bottom my man, and nope, those were stuffing balls, before they soaked up all the juices.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on August 23, 2017, 03:54:02 PM
I'm diabetic too. I avoid sweeteners altogether these days, my doctors told me for what sweeteners do to you in the long term, you are better off using just regular sugars. Originally it was the aspartame in canderel. Then is was the Sucralose in Splenda. Long term these things are more harmful then just using regular sugar in moderation.
Thats why I switched to using a teaspoon of demerara sugar in my coffee, and only ever baking stuff rarely with sugars in it.

After my experience with the two previously mentioned, I wouldn't trust xylitol either, since both candarel and splanda marketed themselves on it being safe for consumption when they began marketing it, they had no interest in looking into the long term effects, and its only now we're getting the results of years of use from studies with the prior two.

My grandfather refuse to use saccharin when it came out in the 40s.  And he had a terrible thyroid weight problem.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Munch

Quote from: Baruch on August 23, 2017, 06:59:21 PM
My grandfather refuse to use saccharin when it came out in the 40s.  And he had a terrible thyroid weight problem.

I've been using artificial sweeteners since the 90s and I've got an under-active thyroid problem myself. But if thats got anything to do with developing an under-active one is anyone's guess.

Cavebear

Quote from: Sorginak on August 21, 2017, 10:25:47 AM
Yeah, I had to save on my computer all the images from Photobucket I wanted to keep and I found another image hosting site. 

I cannot imagine anyone paying that ridiculous price, and I believe they did what they did because they honestly no longer want to be around; mind you, there could have been an easier way to slip away into obscurity.

When they charge, I move on.  There is always someone with a similar service...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on August 23, 2017, 07:26:41 PM
I've been using artificial sweeteners since the 90s and I've got an under-active thyroid problem myself. But if thats got anything to do with developing an under-active one is anyone's guess.

My grandfather's condition was genetic.  Fortunately I didn't inherit it.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

I've watched trends and ideas go all my life.  I figure if it is grown cleanly and basically balanced (some meat, some veggies of all colors, some fats, some natural sugars, some starch) I'm good...

pr126

A new batch of Blueberry muffins.

Cavebear

pr126

Cupcakes without the topping.

Munch

they really need another name, could call them something frence, like décès cakes.

pr126

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on September 24, 2017, 02:26:59 PM
they really need another name, could call them something frence, like décès cakes.

La petite mort?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

pr126

Petits fours sans fondant.

Munch

my aunt gave me a load of cooking apples from her tree. Mum suggested I try making Norwegian apple cake. Turned out quite nice :3

Edit: I just had a slice with caramel icecream