Author Topic: Home Baking  (Read 466 times)

Offline Cavebear

Re: Home Baking
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2017, 02:25:25 AM »
Bread needs a lot of kneading by hand.  But technology is wonderful!  I love my bead machine.  It does all the hard work and makes a loaf friends admire.

Seriously, when is the last time you made a sandwich to enjoy the bread?  I do.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead

« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2017, 10:59:29 AM »
Bread needs a lot of kneading by hand.  But technology is wonderful!  I love my bead machine.  It does all the hard work and makes a loaf friends admire.

Seriously, when is the last time you made a sandwich to enjoy the bread?  I do.
Remember the old saying--Can't live on just bread and water.  Oh yeah, I can!  Love bread!  Homemade is the best.  But if one does store bought, then we have settled on Dave's Killer Bread--21 Seed variety to b exact.  For health reasons, we don't eat much bread any more.  So, a sandwich is a treat--gotta have good bread for that.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent,
Is he able but not willing?
Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able or willing?
Then why call him god?

Offline Deidre32

« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2017, 04:26:56 PM »
I made whole wheat pancakes today with blueberries. Sooo yummy.
The only lasting beauty, is the beauty of the heart. - Rumi

Offline Cavebear

« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2017, 05:47:03 AM »
Remember the old saying--Can't live on just bread and water.  Oh yeah, I can!  Love bread!  Homemade is the best.  But if one does store bought, then we have settled on Dave's Killer Bread--21 Seed variety to b exact.  For health reasons, we don't eat much bread any more.  So, a sandwich is a treat--gotta have good bread for that.

I'll keep using the bread machine loaded with garlic and onion.  But Arnolds makes a decent seeded rye bread and I can't.  So I keep a loaf in the freezer and take a slice off to thaw once a week.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead