My earlier efforts:

Challa

Irish Sodabread

English Scones

[

Bakewell Tart = Almond cake

Cheese cake

PopeyesPappy

Nice. It took me a few tries to get my sourdough right, but I finally figured it out.

Right now my biggest problem is Karen doesn't want me to cook it as dark as it should be.

Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

pr126

Nice sourdough. My favorite bread.

I am just starting a batch of Blueberry Muffins.

Here they are 16 Muffins in this batch. Won't last long.

BTW, I am using Xylitol instead of sugar because of my diabetes.

aitm

One of these days I want to get into baking bread, not so much for the eatin, but the smell.....ahhh the smell will bring one to religion. Until then though, I cook some pretty good wine and cream sauces.....
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Mermaid

These are amazing. I am a cook, not a baker, and I am very impressed with these.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on June 17, 2017, 09:18:10 AM
Nice sourdough. My favorite bread.

I am just starting a batch of Blueberry Muffins.

Sorry, you can't bake challa anymore ;-)

But you did gob smack all the folks here who don't think you are human.  Bravo!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

pr126

I used to be a chef for 18 years  before I packed it in. Worked in Hotels, restaurants.

Started as an apprentice in a bakery / cake shop when I was 14 yrs. (That was 60 years ago!)

Now it's my hobby.

pr126

PopeyesPappy wrote:
QuoteRight now my biggest problem is Karen doesn't want me to cook it as dark as it should be.
Not a problem. Bake two loaves, one well done for yourself, one less well done for Karen.

Freeze half of each if you are a slow eater, ;)

SGOS

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on June 17, 2017, 09:08:36 AM
Right now my biggest problem is Karen doesn't want me to cook it as dark as it should be.
I noticed the contrasting dark patches right away.  It looks wonderful.  Even if you can't eat it all, you can cut a slice when it's still warm and slather it with butter, and then quickly have another.  I imagine if it's darker, it has harder crust.  I can kind of understand Karen's preference, but I'll take it either way.  My grandmother used to bake bread.  There was one special kind she made that I liked the most, and I haven't seen it since.  I think it was something she concocted on her own.  It had the flatness of a deep dish pizza crust, but it was a rye bread.  I would cut out a section and then split the flat piece between the top and the bottom crusts, so it was like having two heals.  Fresh hot bread is a special treat.

When my wife and I moored our boat at some remote seaside resort, the couple that ran the place alerted us that hot bread came out of the oven at 4:00 PM that day.  We got there early and bought a loaf just as it came out of oven.  We had a batch of fresh caught crab cooking up on the boat and made crab salad sandwiches.  Gorged ourselves, but kind of over did it.  I kind of wish I hadn't eaten so much, but what are you gonna do with that much hot bread? 

pr126

Quiche Lorraine

Marble Cake

Food Mixer

I bake one sourdough loaf a week, and keep the starter in the fridge. Feed the starter once a week.

Also, I bake the bread a day after the dough is made, let the fermentation / flavor develop overnight in the fridge.

Dutch oven for the sourdough:

Mike Cl

Wow!  Getting hungry just reading this thread!  Sourdough is to die for!!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

pr126

Today's baking: Sourdough

Baruch

Y'know ... that is how the Egyptians invented warm beer .. and why they invented the drinking straw.  Totally un-kosher.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

pr126