Author Topic: questions and answers anyone?  (Read 817 times)

Online Baruch

Re: questions and answers anyone?
« Reply #150 on: June 26, 2017, 11:06:28 PM »
What? Where do you get these reasoning from, for starters?

Grasping for straws are we?

Extrapolation is always more risky than interpolation.
שלום

« Reply #151 on: Today at 01:22:30 AM »
honestly if a real god showed up, it wouldn't bother me if he was as tempermental as Zeus. I wasn't taught anything about god being all powerful at anything before I was old enough to question the necessity of the feat.... probably in high school

I already know that the Bible says he is Alpha and Omega, which has nothing to do with blood atonement. The discussion was then about the necessity of blood atonement.
being the alpha and omega put God in the position of supreme power without danger of paradox or conflict.
So you're saying that when the only way for him to deal with sin is to kill his son he is not in conflict? How do you not see the act of killing his son as sick? (oh lordy, I just figured it out. god got some serious mental illness)

It doesn't matter much that this particular god has a mental illness cause he ain't ever showed up. I don't know how far Blackleaf went to find god ( I remember he was a youth leader and assistant pastor or something like that), but I've taken a few extremes for me. Short of getting in a space shuttle and going for a look I can say aint no god around these parts.

god is never early, but he is never late either... so true, so true; but I would rather have him show up late than to not show up at all. When was the last time god showed up for anything??? uh never

« Reply #152 on: Today at 02:15:08 AM »
It doesn't matter much that this particular god has a mental illness cause he ain't ever showed up. I don't know how far Blackleaf went to find god ( I remember he was a youth leader and assistant pastor or something like that), but I've taken a few extremes for me. Short of getting in a space shuttle and going for a look I can say aint no god around these parts.

Youth leader, skit writer and director, singer, leader of student-service tech team, Sunday school teacher, Vacation Bible School volunteer, choir member, camera man, and general yes-man for when something needed to be done. While I was raised in a Christian environment, I had my "conversion experience" in my late teens, when I had a genuine experience where I dedicated my life to serving God. And despite all I had done gladly in service to God, no matter how much I prayed for guidance, God's presence remained completely absent.
"Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

Online Baruch

« Reply #153 on: Today at 03:10:51 AM »
honestly if a real god showed up, it wouldn't bother me if he was as tempermental as Zeus. I wasn't taught anything about god being all powerful at anything before I was old enough to question the necessity of the feat.... probably in high school

I already know that the Bible says he is Alpha and Omega, which has nothing to do with blood atonement. The discussion was then about the necessity of blood atonement.So you're saying that when the only way for him to deal with sin is to kill his son he is not in conflict? How do you not see the act of killing his son as sick? (oh lordy, I just figured it out. god got some serious mental illness)

Spock's brother proved that you can't find G-d even at the center of the Milky Way ;-)  And no, G-d doesn't need a starship ... Kirk was right about that!  When the human creator of warp drive wandered about the galaxy in old age, he didn't find G-d, he found an energy being, who happened to be a girl, who liked to touch him in all the right places ;-))
שלום

Online Baruch

« Reply #154 on: Today at 03:12:40 AM »
Youth leader, skit writer and director, singer, leader of student-service tech team, Sunday school teacher, Vacation Bible School volunteer, choir member, camera man, and general yes-man for when something needed to be done. While I was raised in a Christian environment, I had my "conversion experience" in my late teens, when I had a genuine experience where I dedicated my life to serving God. And despite all I had done gladly in service to God, no matter how much I prayed for guidance, God's presence remained completely absent.

You saw the image of G-d anytime you looked in the mirror, or in the face of another human or ... tselem elohim aka demigod.

You were misled as to what the face of G-d looks like (Jesus was quite clear on this, did you read that, about what does the Father look like?).  I sometimes look for my glasses, when they are on my own nose.  So don't feel bad about this.
שלום

Offline SGOS

« Reply #155 on: Today at 06:54:42 AM »
The holy men that created a blood thirsty god were con men, just as the modern day holy men.  They bamboozled people into thinking they were/are the spokesmen of God and that they have some kind of holy hot line to the Big Guy, and by designating themselves as the administrators of blood atonement doing the "work of God," they could gain support for the torture and abuse from which they derived perverse pleasure.  People believed it and still do, because of ignorance and possibly a bit of sick perversion of their own.  Actually, God is not a sick pervert.  He doesn't appear to even exist in the first place.  But the people who originally claimed to speak for him were, and in their defense they lived in a barbaric culture.

Some people are disgusted by torture and recognize it as in conflict with the concept of a protecting father, so the concept that God can be sick purveyor of misery is explained through a paradox:  It is done as an ultimate act of love.  Some of the secondary contradictions from such and illogical claim need to be reconciled also, but at some point, apologetics requires that a people stop questioning.  Indeed, it requires a cessation of thinking.  This is a safety valve people will use when they become overwhelmed with contradiction and nonsense.

Online Baruch

« Reply #156 on: Today at 06:59:30 AM »
The holy men that created a blood thirsty god were con men, just as the modern day holy men.  They bamboozled people into thinking they were/are the spokesmen of God and that they have some kind of holy hot line to the Big Guy, and by designating themselves as the administrators of blood atonement doing the "work of God," they could gain support for the torture and abuse from which they derived perverse pleasure.  People believed it and still do, because of ignorance and possibly a bit of sick perversion of their own.  Actually, God is not a sick pervert.  He doesn't appear to even exist in the first place.  But the people who originally claimed to speak for him were, and in their defense they lived in a barbaric culture.

Some people are disgusted by torture and recognize it as in conflict with the concept of a protecting father, so the concept that God can be sick purveyor of misery is explained through a paradox:  It is done as an ultimate act of love.  Some of the secondary contradictions from such and illogical claim need to be reconciled also, but at some point, apologetics requires that a people stop questioning.  Indeed, it requires a cessation of thinking.  This is a safety valve people will use when they become overwhelmed with contradiction and nonsense.

If anyone supports either side in the Syrian civil war ... they live in a barbaric culture now.  Also anyone who plays follow the leader.  Common sense is the accumulation of prejudice you get by the time you are 18.  It works the same for everyone.
שלום