News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

questions and answers anyone?

Started by Drich0150, June 15, 2017, 05:41:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drich0150

Quote from: Blackleaf on June 16, 2017, 04:18:32 PM
Oh, it's more malicious than that. He not only shuts down any ideas that contradicts his beliefs, he also dismisses the credibility of all former Christians. Because if we are no longer Christians, then we were obviously never really one of them to begin with. Assholes like Drich are too thick to be bothered with.

You misunderstand yet again.

I never said you were an ex Christian. As I am not in a position to judge your salvation. maybe you are still on the list maybe you never were.

I simply showed you what the bible had to say about fail faith/beliefs. That if you determine your God is not real because he did not save you from a coming storm or he did not trade works for granted prayers, then maybe that should have been a que for you to keep looking rather than assume you have a lock on all of Christianity and because your god was proven not to be real no God can be real...

Here's the thing folks. I did it the way the bible says and found God. That said, You need not find God or have God open the flood gates to you to find salvation. All I am saying is IF you like me need to be sat in front to look this being in the eye, then it is possible. The bible affords us this opportunity.

So again, never comment on your salvation as you could still be saved. I'm just saying there is a lot more to God than what you figured out. and if can admit to that then maybe you are the troll.
1Thess 5:21 Question all things and hold on to what is Good. This is a charge meant for those who think themselves Christian. We are to question the foundational as well as the questionable, and hold on to the truth. Because I've done this my answers may be... Different than the typical Christian

Blackleaf

Quote from: Drich0150 on June 16, 2017, 04:51:26 PM
You misunderstand yet again.

I never said you were an ex Christian. As I am not in a position to judge your salvation. maybe you are still on the list maybe you never were.

I simply showed you what the bible had to say about fail faith/beliefs. That if you determine your God is not real because he did not save you from a coming storm or he did not trade works for granted prayers, then maybe that should have been a que for you to keep looking rather than assume you have a lock on all of Christianity and because your god was proven not to be real no God can be real...

Here's the thing folks. I did it the way the bible says and found God. That said, You need not find God or have God open the flood gates to you to find salvation. All I am saying is IF you like me need to be sat in front to look this being in the eye, then it is possible. The bible affords us this opportunity.

So again, never comment on your salvation as you could still be saved. I'm just saying there is a lot more to God than what you figured out. and if can admit to that then maybe you are the troll.

Kid, I know more about the Bible than you do. I was as genuine as they came. I did not quit because things got hard. I didn't quit because God didn't grant me special favors in exchange for my works. I left because God was completely absent in my life. He did not grant relief when I needed it and asked for it. Instead, things just kept getting worse.

Mathew 7:9:11 - "Which of you, if your son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!"

Even the Bible is proof against God. And if you weren't so blinded by your faith, you would be able to see that. You might start to wonder why God, who is omniscient and supposedly hears all of your prayers, will not speak when spoken to, and why he'd rather communicate through silence and make it impossible to know whether it's him or your imagination. You might wonder why the only evidence that God gives of his existence is a collection of historically inaccurate books, which are so obscure that millions of people argue about what they even mean.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Unbeliever

Quote from: Drich0150 on June 16, 2017, 10:51:32 AM
And I can promise as the bible promises if you understand God through the bible as it outlines, then you could not be an atheist. maybe a misotheist but not atheist.

Oh, I know your Bible's God well!
Here is what your Bible God is really like.

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Dirch ... do you live like this?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Year_of_Living_Biblically

I gave you two likes, for part of two posts you made ... I expect to be crucified for it ;-( ... this is a rough crowd you have come to, like the Cantina at Mos Eisley.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Blackleaf

Quote from: Baruch on June 16, 2017, 06:01:26 PM
Dirch ... do you live like this?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Year_of_Living_Biblically

I gave you two likes, for part of two posts you made ... I expect to be crucified for it ;-( ... this is a rough crowd you have come to, like the Cantina at Mos Eisley.

Unfortunately for you, we like our crosses upside down in these parts...
--Fulke Greville--

Baruch

Quote from: Blackleaf on June 16, 2017, 06:06:56 PM
Unfortunately for you, we like our crosses upside down in these parts...

As long as you leave my "peter" alone, I am good with that.  Gravity boots.

For DRich - here is some education for you ... the howlers/mistranslations in Christian and Jewish Bibles ... as corrected in the Aramaic

http://www.aramaicbibleperspectives.com/uploads/Aramaic_Bible_Institute_Dictionary_1-20-13.pdf

Unfortunately most people's access to scripture is thru translations, filtered thru the accidental distortions of translators and deliberate distortions of theologians.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Drich0150 on June 16, 2017, 10:35:36 AM
Because if you did, yu like me would have found God and by definition could not be atheist, you might be able to claim to be a misotheist but you would believe in God.according to studies far more research and funded Clinton was to beat trump in a landslide. Not realy that kind of Christian. Oh the irony is thick with this one.. Do you know how many original atheist arguments I've run across in the last 10 years??? Maybe 3. The rest are just take offs or spins Hitchens Voltaire or the like. No one can be born Christian.
in that time did you ever have contact with God? Ever heard the parable of the wise and foolish builder? Durning the time that paragraph represents you were building your house/Faith. Then God sent the wind and rain to test what you built,  ...and your house of faith fell flat. Why? you were seeking to worship a God that did not exist. Sure he was modeled on the God of the bible, but it seems you were looking to trade your good works for answered prayers...

Here's the thing. No where in scripture is that a thing. Meaning the God of the bible does not trade work for answered prayer. And if you are not worship the God the bible describes, He after a certain point will stop supporting Your version of God/your foundation built on sand. What he will do is send the winds and rains to test your faith and your version of God so hard an honest person will discover their verion of God does not exist.

Now a humble man says of course I messed up I haven't read my bible I sit in church and let the preacher spoon feed me who God is, and of course I got it wrong first time out! A proud man says I tried and if there were a God he would have met me 1/2 despite what the bible says.

But again Jesus Himself gives us the parable of the wise and foolish builders so we know what to expect concerning our faith.
which core? there are supposedly over 30K versions of Christianity.. which one was the right one...that didn't yield God???

I mean to me the right version would have you in communication with God. but to you the right version is the one that allows you to leave...

Riddle me this, is truth a concern at all to you?
[mod]
If you are just going to preach and try to "save" us, I'm going to kindly ask you to fuck off. We have a few rules, that I'd like you to read before making any more posts. Any more violations will result in a ban.

Thank you for your cooperation.[/mod] The rules of the forum.

SGOS

PickelledEggs

Correction:
I won't be banning, nor will another mod, unless he is spamming his preach, which as of now, hasn't happened yet.

fencerider

Quote from: Drich0150 on June 15, 2017, 05:41:12 PM
I am here to answer any bible related question
I didn't have any paleo-Hebrew class in elementary school and there aren't many paleo-Hebrew manuscripts sitting around for us to read, so I assume you mean an English translation. Which English version of the Bible are you referring to?

I suppose the first question should be how many errors, contradictions, or lies do you think are in the Bible? of course we know that every English version has translation errors...
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Baruch

Quote from: fencerider on June 17, 2017, 02:58:06 PM
I didn't have any paleo-Hebrew class in elementary school and there aren't many paleo-Hebrew manuscripts sitting around for us to read, so I assume you mean an English translation. Which English version of the Bible are you referring to?

I suppose the first question should be how many errors, contradictions, or lies do you think are in the Bible? of course we know that every English version has translation errors...

The Hebrew-Aramaic version, the original, as vowel pointed by the Masortes in around 950 CE ... has errors too.  The most original (Dead Sea scrolls versions of individual books in Hebrew, often just fragments) don't have vowels fully indicated (neither did the earliest Quran).  For much of the Christian world, the original OT bible is the Septuagint, but that is itself a translation.  Other early translations of the OT include several versions in Aramaic.

http://www.biblicalarchaeology.org/daily/biblical-topics/hebrew-bible/what-is-the-oldest-hebrew-bible/
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

aitm

Quote from: Baruch on June 17, 2017, 03:11:40 PM
The Hebrew-Aramaic version, the original, as vowel pointed by the Masortes in around 950 CE ... has errors too.  The most original (Dead Sea scrolls versions of individual books in Hebrew, often just fragments) don't have vowels fully indicated (neither did the earliest Quran).  For much of the Christian world, the original OT bible is the Septuagint, but that is itself a translation.  Other early translations of the OT include several versions in Aramaic.

http://www.biblicalarchaeology.org/daily/biblical-topics/hebrew-bible/what-is-the-oldest-hebrew-bible/

But then english is quite scrabble when read in a mirror.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

fencerider

exactly my point Baruch. for all we know you could have wrote the Bible, then travelled back in time to dump it off somewhere. Not to mention Christian theologists willingly point out that Moses didn't write Genesis until more than 3,000 years after creation. (3,000 years is a long time to keep fabrications and exaggerations out of an oral tradition)
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Blackleaf

Quote from: fencerider on June 17, 2017, 04:16:00 PM
exactly my point Baruch. for all we know you could have wrote the Bible, then travelled back in time to dump it off somewhere. Not to mention Christian theologists willingly point out that Moses didn't write Genesis until more than 3,000 years after creation. (3,000 years is a long time to keep fabrications and exaggerations out of an oral tradition)

--Fulke Greville--

Cavebear

Quote from: Drich0150 on June 16, 2017, 10:35:36 AM
Riddle me this, is truth a concern at all to you?
Truth is a concern to me, and it doesn't come from the superstitious writings of primitive nomadic people living 2000+ years ago.  While your kind were wasting food and sacrificing sons to a deity whose existence couldn't and cannot now be proven, other people were exploring geometry, measuring the size of the Earth, and writing books of facts, not fiction.

But you are a believer convinced of your own facts.  So, lets see some facts.

1.  Prove Jesus actually existed.
2.  Prove Masada actually happened.
3.  Prove the Flood.
4.  Adam and Eve had 3 sons.  Where did their wives come from?
5.  If the Universe CAN occur naturally (and it can), why is a deity required for it?
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!