News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

questions and answers anyone?

Started by Drich0150, June 15, 2017, 05:41:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drich0150

So as I said in my intro post I am here to answer and bible related question about The God of the bible Heaven Hell and even some religious stuff too. My answers maybe a little different that what most of you are use to hearing but hear me out often times I can provide a perspective that changes how you may look at a given subject completely.

So does anyone have any bible or God related questions?
1Thess 5:21 Question all things and hold on to what is Good. This is a charge meant for those who think themselves Christian. We are to question the foundational as well as the questionable, and hold on to the truth. Because I've done this my answers may be... Different than the typical Christian

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

aitm

A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Drich0150

ok I will let things simmer here and check back tomorrow!
1Thess 5:21 Question all things and hold on to what is Good. This is a charge meant for those who think themselves Christian. We are to question the foundational as well as the questionable, and hold on to the truth. Because I've done this my answers may be... Different than the typical Christian

Blackleaf

Quote from: Drich0150 on June 15, 2017, 05:41:12 PM
So as I said in my intro post I am here to answer and bible related question about The God of the bible Heaven Hell and even some religious stuff too. My answers maybe a little different that what most of you are use to hearing but hear me out often times I can provide a perspective that changes how you may look at a given subject completely.

So does anyone have any bible or God related questions?

Why do you Christians always think atheists don't know anything about the Bible? According to studies, atheists know more about the Bible than Christians do. Can't really blame you, though, when the only time you spend reading it is in church, with the pastor spoon feeding you what to think. Many of us were born into Christian households. Personally, when I was a child up, I was always curious about God, the bible, and spiritual things. I read books to expand my knowledge, even reading most of the Bible in my own time. When I was 17, I devoted myself fully to God. Nothing was more important to me than living my life in a way that would make God happy, whether in church or (and especially) out of it. I was involved in many ministries over the years, and gladly went to church at least three days a week. I felt more at home at church than in my own house.

But due to a variety of things, by my mid-twenties, my doubts grew and turned into resentment. Eventually, I realized that I was sacrificing my life for a god who either didn't exist or didn't give a damn about me, and I gave up on my faith. From that moment on, my thoughts have never been so clear. I could see clear problems with core elements of the Christian faith that my indoctrination previously blinded me to. So for you to come here and insinuate that I have something to learn from you is utterly ridiculous.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Baruch

As a Greco-Roman demigod, a Jewish prophet, and a Kekistani ... no ... but you might ask me a few questions ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Well, OP, let me echo what Blackleaf said.  You do seem to be the arrogant person to jump onto a forum you apparently know little about and expect to 'school the ignorant'?  At first glance I'd suggest you are the ignorant one.  What makes you the expert?  And why do you assume we don't know what your bible consists of, the many ways it can be (and is) translated and interpreted.  Why do you think we are atheists??? 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Hakurei Reimu

The guy even admitted that he didn't read the bible cover to cover. Why that would help him answer questions about the bible is something that greatly puzzles me. Perhaps that should be my first question.

Drich: Why do you think that not reading the bible helps you answer atheist's questions about the bible?
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

Baruch

Most here have experienced this in part ...

"THOSE ON ROCKY GROUND ARE THE ONES WHO, WHEN THEY FIRST HEAR, RECEIVE THE WORD WITH JOY. BUT THEY HAVE NO ROOTS; THEY BELIEVE FOR A TIME AND THEN FALL AWAY. THE SEED THAT FELL AMONG THORNS ARE THOSE WHO HAVE HEARD, BUT ARE CHOKED BY THE WORRIES AND RICHES AND DESIRES OF LIFE, AND FAIL TO PRODUCE GOOD FRUIT. BUT THE SEED THAT FELL ON RICH SOIL IS THOSE WHO, WHEN THEY HAVE HEARD THE WORD, EMBRACE IT WITH A GENEROUS AND GOOD HEART, AND BEAR FRUIT THROUGH PERSEVERANCE."

Said by a Jew to other Jews.  But applicable to Gentiles also.  Like rabbi Paul ... I am persevering to the finish line.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: Baruch on June 15, 2017, 10:51:49 PM
Most here have experienced this in part ...

Many here have experienced Dirch before...

Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Baruch

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on June 15, 2017, 10:55:08 PM
Many here have experienced Dirch before...

So if G-d isn't Santa Claus ... F him?  If a poster isn't Jesus himself ... F him?  What of charity to the stranger?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

SGOS

Quote from: Baruch on June 15, 2017, 11:09:32 PM
So if G-d isn't Santa Claus ... F him?  If a poster isn't Jesus himself ... F him?  What of charity to the stranger?
I don't feel the need to offer charity to blowhards.

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: Baruch on June 15, 2017, 11:09:32 PM

Didn't say that. What I said was some of us know Dirch from other forums.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

SGOS

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on June 16, 2017, 07:40:09 AM
Didn't say that. What I said was some of us know Dirch from other forums.
The clarification is appreciated.  My original interpretation of your comment was that Drich serves as a holotype for certain theist visitors, which isn't off the mark either.

Drich0150

Quote from: Blackleaf on June 15, 2017, 06:51:30 PM
Why do you Christians always think atheists don't know anything about the Bible?
Because if you did, yu like me would have found God and by definition could not be atheist, you might be able to claim to be a misotheist but you would believe in God.
According to studies, atheists know more about the Bible than Christians do.
according to studies far more research and funded Clinton was to beat trump in a landslide.
Can't really blame you, though, when the only time you spend reading it is in church,
Not realy that kind of Christian.
with the pastor spoon feeding you what to think.
Oh the irony is thick with this one.. Do you know how many original atheist arguments I've run across in the last 10 years??? Maybe 3. The rest are just take offs or spins Hitchens Voltaire or the like.
Many of us were born into Christian households.
No one can be born Christian.

QuotePersonally, when I was a child up, I was always curious about God, the bible, and spiritual things. I read books to expand my knowledge, even reading most of the Bible in my own time. When I was 17, I devoted myself fully to God. Nothing was more important to me than living my life in a way that would make God happy, whether in church or (and especially) out of it. I was involved in many ministries over the years, and gladly went to church at least three days a week. I felt more at home at church than in my own house.
in that time did you ever have contact with God? Ever heard the parable of the wise and foolish builder? Durning the time that paragraph represents you were building your house/Faith.
But due to a variety of things, by my mid-twenties, my doubts grew and turned into resentment.
Then God sent the wind and rain to test what you built,
QuoteEventually, I realized that I was sacrificing my life for a god who either didn't exist or didn't give a damn about me, and I gave up on my faith.
...and your house of faith fell flat. Why? you were seeking to worship a God that did not exist. Sure he was modeled on the God of the bible, but it seems you were looking to trade your good works for answered prayers...

Here's the thing. No where in scripture is that a thing. Meaning the God of the bible does not trade work for answered prayer. And if you are not worship the God the bible describes, He after a certain point will stop supporting Your version of God/your foundation built on sand. What he will do is send the winds and rains to test your faith and your version of God so hard an honest person will discover their verion of God does not exist.

Now a humble man says of course I messed up I haven't read my bible I sit in church and let the preacher spoon feed me who God is, and of course I got it wrong first time out! A proud man says I tried and if there were a God he would have met me 1/2 despite what the bible says.

But again Jesus Himself gives us the parable of the wise and foolish builders so we know what to expect concerning our faith.

From that moment on, my thoughts have never been so clear. I could see clear problems with core elements of the Christian faith that my indoctrination previously blinded me to. So for you to come here and insinuate that I have something to learn from you is utterly ridiculous.
which core? there are supposedly over 30K versions of Christianity.. which one was the right one...that didn't yield God???

I mean to me the right version would have you in communication with God. but to you the right version is the one that allows you to leave...

Riddle me this, is truth a concern at all to you?