News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

questions and answers anyone?

Started by Drich0150, June 15, 2017, 05:41:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

Quote from: Mike Cl on July 06, 2017, 12:09:15 PM
Not only does this guy not have any actual answers he does not even have any real questions.  He is bereft of any value to this board or himself.  I think I'll ignore this stupid creature.

Good move.  Join the club...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Drich0150

Quote from: Blackleaf on July 06, 2017, 11:41:06 AM
I thought the point of faith-based salvation was that you CAN'T deserve heaven. As the Bible says:

"There is no one righteous, not even one;
there is no one who understands;
there is no one who seeks God.
All have turned away,
they have together become worthless;
there is no one who does good,
not even one."
"Their throats are open graves;
their tongues practice deceit."
"The poison of vipers is on their lips."
"Their mouths are full of cursing and bitterness."
"Their feet are swift to shed blood;
ruin and misery mark their ways,
and the way of peace they do not know."
"There is no fear of God before their eyes."

But please, Mr. Righteous Christian Who Totally Doesn't Have An Ego As Big As A Humpback Whale, tell me. What do you do to deserve Heaven? Write poorly written arguments for atheists on the internet? Sit in church once a week to get your weekly indoctrination education from your pastor? Occasionally putting a five in the offering plate?

When you die a "Christian" you don't go to Heaven. Bum ba bummm... You are resurrected and live on earth. after the 1000 year reign satan is reloosed from Hell to incite rebellion once again, and this time when the war is over those who turn with satan will be sealed in hell forever.

Then New Heaven and a New Earth will be created... The "saved" who remained faithful durning this 1000 period are to live on new Earth. The faithful the servants, those who do stuff for God, those who work... they get to move on to heaven with Him to various degrees based on what they were given and what they did with what they got..  everyone else moves into Heaven's getto if street of Gold could ever be considered such a place.

Like I said, salvation is easy, come as you are... that is what your verses are describing. Do nothing else and God has an apartment for you, and a job custom fit for you.

True Service is what is hard. we must do what God tells us to do. as a result we (servants/slaves) get a bigger share get to be Closer to God, because we are faithful to what we have been given. (parable of the talents)

Your confusion? you assume what you know of Heaven and Hell/salvation is what the bible teaches.. and you are confusing what I teach/What the bible says,  with the B/S that failed you and your faith.

Yes Heaven is easy for us because of Jesus, which is why I do not seek to convert you douche bags as 1/2 of you are probably still on the roster. What I am trying to share, is what you as a 'son' are entitled to, but I guess some are just destined for ghetto life. (it's a jewish word before one of you morons trys and pulls a race card) Which is fine. However what if I am telling the 100% truth, and you like me have been granted complete access to God via the Holy Spirit? What would you ask, what do you think you could want? What is the cost??? that's a new one huh for you freebe faithers...

But keep pretending my beliefs are the same as your foolish man faith... That you got it right first time out the gate/born into it and all I am doing is lying.

Don't come at me like I am wrong, have at least the humility to try and open endly ask your question from neutral ground.
1Thess 5:21 Question all things and hold on to what is Good. This is a charge meant for those who think themselves Christian. We are to question the foundational as well as the questionable, and hold on to the truth. Because I've done this my answers may be... Different than the typical Christian

Drich0150

Quote from: Mike Cl on July 06, 2017, 12:09:15 PM
Not only does this guy not have any actual answers he does not even have any real questions.  He is bereft of any value to this board or himself.  I think I'll ignore this stupid creature.

you are right or at least 1/2 right in that I have no other questions to ask.. I am here seeking your questions because God answered all of mine a long long time ago.

That said I do think i did a pretty good job answering the question above your post. And when the poster thought he was sooooooo sure he got me to with a theological paradox.

God prevails again sport!
1Thess 5:21 Question all things and hold on to what is Good. This is a charge meant for those who think themselves Christian. We are to question the foundational as well as the questionable, and hold on to the truth. Because I've done this my answers may be... Different than the typical Christian

Unbeliever

Quote from: Munch on July 06, 2017, 06:49:20 AM
Questions and answers, alright then. If god is so good as Christians say he is, and all powerful since the claim is he made everything, why then did he invent fish that swim into your dick and parasites that eat your eyeballs?

An all good being wouldn't have made up something like that, so perhaps he isn't all powerful. But if he isn't all powerful, it means he can't be good because he would have created those things to cause suffering to people, since the claim is he made it all.

Of course I know the go to answer Christians have for this too. God is all powerful, except when its contradicted, and then its the devil who made it. But that in itself means he isn't all powerful, since he can't do fuck all about evil in the world.
That must be a paradox!

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Hydra009

Quote from: Drich0150 on July 06, 2017, 05:03:13 PMWhen you die a "Christian" you don't go to Heaven. Bum ba bummm... You are resurrected and live on earth. after the 1000 year reign satan is reloosed from Hell to incite rebellion once again, and this time when the war is over those who turn with satan will be sealed in hell forever.
Sounds like a big wait for a B-movie plot or lackluster wrestling event.

This SUNDAY! SUNDAY! SUNDAY!! J-dog and the Devilman face off in Hell in a Cell in WWE SUPERSLAM!  Only $777! Get your tickets now!

aitm

Quote from: Drich0150 on July 06, 2017, 05:03:13 PM

When you die a "Christian" you don't go to Heaven.
You are resurrected and live on earth.

*after the 1000 year reign satan is reloosed from Hell to incite rebellion once again,

Simply mind-boggling that this is considered intelligent thinking. Even more mind-boggling that this "gods" methods are considered perfectly acceptable and rational....I mean what could possibly be troubling about a all-loving god allowing satan to come back and start over? I mean...do these idiots ever listen to themselves?  I mean this shit is straight out of the minds of fairy tale writers....and they buy it? Just mind-boggling. And yet they keep retching this crap without batting an eye. Talking snakes and donkeys, oh my.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Mike Cl

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Mike Cl

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on July 06, 2017, 05:14:23 PM
That must be a paradox!

Zeno ""If being is many, it must be both like and unlike, and this is impossible, for neither can the like be unlike, nor the unlike like."

See?  That's why I laugh at philosophy...

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on July 06, 2017, 09:44:03 PM
Zeno ""If being is many, it must be both like and unlike, and this is impossible, for neither can the like be unlike, nor the unlike like."

See?  That's why I laugh at philosophy...

As a living paradox?

Zeno like his boss, Parmenides, was forcing a more careful definition of metaphysics.  Aristotle mistakenly thought he had overcome these.  The paradox of motion (per Zeno) wasn't overcome until Calculus, which required the invention of Analytic Geometry.  However, a solution does not a resolution make.  The correctness of the solution, still depends on the correctness of the axioms.  And as we found out about geometry and alternatives, and geometry and physics ... in the 19th and 20th centuries ... rigor is approximate, never exact.

Buddhists would dance around Zeno's paradoxes, since they were using a more advanced logic than the West.  Paraconsistent in fact.

Democritus was the "laughing philosopher" .. appropriate if you are a materialist.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Blackleaf

Quote from: Drich0150 on July 06, 2017, 05:03:13 PMTrue Service is what is hard. we must do what God tells us to do. as a result we (servants/slaves) get a bigger share get to be Closer to God, because we are faithful to what we have been given. (parable of the talents)

You still haven't answered my question. What do you do with your "talents?" Afraid to admit that your deeds are pitifully lacking?

When I was a Christian, I was simultaneously leading in the student service tech team, singing in the band, writing skits for Sunday school, leading discussions in Sunday school, volunteering in vacation Bible school, volunteering in outreach projects, helping with various charity organizations, giving my own money to the church before I had a job, and aspiring to bring glory to God in my daily life by being as kind, generous, and forgiving as possible, and praying for God's leadership and opportunities to win souls.

So please, Mr. Righteous. Impress me. Tell me what you've been doing with what God gave to you.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Drich0150

Quote from: Blackleaf on July 10, 2017, 10:21:40 AM
You still haven't answered my question. What do you do with your "talents?" Afraid to admit that your deeds are pitifully lacking?

When I was a Christian, I was simultaneously leading in the student service tech team, singing in the band, writing skits for Sunday school, leading discussions in Sunday school, volunteering in vacation Bible school, volunteering in outreach projects, helping with various charity organizations, giving my own money to the church before I had a job, and aspiring to bring glory to God in my daily life by being as kind, generous, and forgiving as possible, and praying for God's leadership and opportunities to win souls.

So please, Mr. Righteous. Impress me. Tell me what you've been doing with what God gave to you.

will do a whole new thread just for you.

Blackleaf

"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Cavebear

Quote from: Blackleaf on July 10, 2017, 06:06:42 PM
Oh joy.

Well, what would we do without bizarmadillos like Drich to post against?  Oh wait, talk to each OTHER!  Which is mostly why I'm here.