News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

questions and answers anyone?

Started by Drich0150, June 15, 2017, 05:41:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drich0150

Quote from: Baruch on June 15, 2017, 07:21:48 PM
As a Greco-Roman demigod, a Jewish prophet, and a Kekistani ... no ... but you might ask me a few questions ;-)
Sure...

Hmm. Are you the type of 'smarty' who follows a thought through to completion or are you the guy who bails on a subject once his prepared material crashes and burns???
1Thess 5:21 Question all things and hold on to what is Good. This is a charge meant for those who think themselves Christian. We are to question the foundational as well as the questionable, and hold on to the truth. Because I've done this my answers may be... Different than the typical Christian

Drich0150

Quote from: Mike Cl on June 15, 2017, 07:25:49 PM
Well, OP, let me echo what Blackleaf said.  You do seem to be the arrogant person to jump onto a forum you apparently know little about and expect to 'school the ignorant'?What makes you the expert?
13 years dealing directly with answering Christian/atheist questions in person and in on line forums 10 year prior study.

At first glance I'd suggest you are the ignorant one. 
there are indeed many things I don't know about. However there are many things I do have a lot of experience and study in.

And why do you assume we don't know what your bible consists of, the many ways it can be (and is) translated and interpreted.  Why do you think we are atheists???
because I have been doing this for a very long time. And I can promise as the bible promises if you understand God through the bible as it outlines, then you could not be an atheist. maybe a misotheist but not atheist.
1Thess 5:21 Question all things and hold on to what is Good. This is a charge meant for those who think themselves Christian. We are to question the foundational as well as the questionable, and hold on to the truth. Because I've done this my answers may be... Different than the typical Christian

Drich0150

Quote from: Hakurei Reimu on June 15, 2017, 10:25:34 PM
The guy even admitted that he didn't read the bible cover to cover. Why that would help him answer questions about the bible is something that greatly puzzles me. Perhaps that should be my first question.

Drich: Why do you think that not reading the bible helps you answer atheist's questions about the bible?

I have read the bible. just not starting at page one genesis and ending with last page revelation.

I actually started john and finished the gospel as all had to do with the same subject.

then acts then the epistles of Paul, then the works of peter and the other apostles. I read revelation with the book of Daniel which followed by the books of judges because all has to do with God's wrath being poured out on a large community then genesis witht he books of history, and then the books of the law, followed by the books of wisdom/prophecy and the books of writings.

So again the question "have you read the bible from cover to cover" is a trick question. Because the bible is not one single book but a collection of books and letters. One must read it according to subject matter or one signifies that he does not know what he is doing.

No I have not read the bible from cover to cover because I understand that is not how is it to be read.

Drich0150

Mike Cl

Let's get fundamental.  What is the bible?  Where did it come from?  Who wrote it?  How do you know?
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: Drich0150 on June 16, 2017, 10:35:36 AM
Because if you did, yu like me would have found God and by definition could not be atheist, you might be able to claim to be a misotheist but you would believe in God.
This sentence right here demonstrates why it is pointless to discuss this subject with you. You have stated, from the very start, that you will not accept any understanding of the Bible that contradicts your own views on it.

Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Baruch

Quote from: Drich0150 on June 16, 2017, 10:37:54 AM
Sure...

Hmm. Are you the type of 'smarty' who follows a thought through to completion or are you the guy who bails on a subject once his prepared material crashes and burns???

I don't prepare material ... I auto-didact ... directly from the Holy Spirit.  You?  And yes, per the Book of Job, I am a misotheist ... G-d is a monster.

"Riddle me this, is truth a concern at all to you?" - Pontius Pilate ... "what is the truth?" ... in some branches of Christianity, Pontius Pilate is a saint ;-)

"WHEN I WAS A CHILD, I SPOKE LIKE A CHILD, I THOUGHT LIKE A CHILD, I REASONED LIKE A CHILD; WHEN I BECAME AN ADULT, I PUT AN END TO SUCH CHILDISH WAYS. FOR NOW WE SEE IN A MIRROR, DIMLY, BUT THEN WE WILL SEE WHAT IS TRUE, FACE TO FACE. NOW I KNOW ONLY IN PART; THEN I WILL KNOW FULLY, EVEN AS I HAVE BEEN FULLY KNOWN. FAITH, HOPE, AND LOVE ABIDE, THESE THREE; AND THE GREATEST OF THESE IS LOVE." - Apostle Paul

"THE LORD HAS NO BODY NOW ON EARTH BUT YOURS, NO HANDS BUT YOURS, NO FEET BUT YOURS. YOURS ARE THE EYES THROUGH WHICH CHRIST'S COMPASSION LOOKS OUT TO THE WORLD. YOURS ARE THE FEET WITH WHICH HE IS TO GO ABOUT DOING GOOD. YOURS ARE THE HANDS WITH WHICH HE IS TO BLESS HIS PEOPLE NOW." - Teresa De Ávila

But in real life, humanity is the human face of G-d, and human faithlessness, hopelessness and hate ... negate Paul's vision.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Drich0150

Quote from: Mike Cl on June 16, 2017, 11:54:40 AM
Let's get fundamental.  What is the bible?  Where did it come from?  Who wrote it?  How do you know?

A series or collection of book compiled to explain who God is, our origins, our relationship to God, and God's plan for us in this age, and the coming end to the age of man.

Again it is a collection of books each book each letter has it's own origin story.

A collection of prophets, kings, priests, apostles, and scribes on the behalf of the Holy Spirit of God.

Because there are test set with in the bible where God invites us to 'test him.' and upon doing so will be rewarded with knowledge or some other spiritual gift the bible describes. in essence you ABC you get XYZ. if you are faithful to XYZ god will then give you more.

Drich0150

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on June 16, 2017, 12:08:22 PM
This sentence right here demonstrates why it is pointless to discuss this subject with you. You have stated, from the very start, that you will not accept any understanding of the Bible that contradicts your own views on it.

If I have the key to the bible and can cash in on it and what is promised in it, then why would I accept a secondary understanding from someone who's (for the lack of a better term) "understand" has made them quit the faith?

For instance If I have and can read a road map to take me to NYC and from the road map been to NYC several times from several different starting points... Then why would I accept instruction from someone who own study of the map has concluded that NYC does not exist because in their use of the map never found it?

That said I will absolutely listen to anything you have to say, but I can and absolutely will provided properly documented counterpoints/source material to support my readings of given passages or history of scripture itself.

I always go line by line and answer every single question. you may not always like the answer, but I do answer everything honestly and truthfully.

Draconic Aiur

Quote from: Drich0150 on June 15, 2017, 05:41:12 PM
So as I said in my intro post I am here to answer and bible related question about The God of the bible Heaven Hell and even some religious stuff too. My answers maybe a little different that what most of you are use to hearing but hear me out often times I can provide a perspective that changes how you may look at a given subject completely.

So does anyone have any bible or God related questions?

If god exists why in the hell would he make calculus? Further more why would he make it a requirement class to earn a Masters degree?

Drich0150

Quote from: Baruch on June 16, 2017, 12:26:17 PM
I don't prepare material ... I auto-didact ... directly from the Holy Spirit.  You?
we shall see..

QuoteAnd yes, per the Book of Job, I am a misotheist ... G-d is a monster.
and the holy Spirit? in your world is he then not God? or have you simply given that title to something else?

Also why Hate God per Job? God did nothing to Job except remove his protective 'shielding' from around Job. Satn was the one who rain down Hell on Job.. God allowed Satan to do whatever He wish including buying job off.. He did not even try his goto was to kill everyone Job knew... Seems to me you have your narratives confused.

"Riddle me this, is truth a concern at all to you?"
Quote- Pontius Pilate ... "what is the truth?"
accurate relayed facts.
... in some branches of Christianity, Pontius Pilate is a saint ;-)
truthfully IDK if Judas made it to Heaven, not my call.

"WHEN I WAS A CHILD, I SPOKE LIKE A CHILD, I THOUGHT LIKE A CHILD, I REASONED LIKE A CHILD; WHEN I BECAME AN ADULT, I PUT AN END TO SUCH CHILDISH WAYS. FOR NOW WE SEE IN A MIRROR, DIMLY, BUT THEN WE WILL SEE WHAT IS TRUE, FACE TO FACE. NOW I KNOW ONLY IN PART; THEN I WILL KNOW FULLY, EVEN AS I HAVE BEEN FULLY KNOWN. FAITH, HOPE, AND LOVE ABIDE, THESE THREE; AND THE GREATEST OF THESE IS LOVE." - Apostle Paul

"THE LORD HAS NO BODY NOW ON EARTH BUT YOURS, NO HANDS BUT YOURS, NO FEET BUT YOURS. YOURS ARE THE EYES THROUGH WHICH CHRIST'S COMPASSION LOOKS OUT TO THE WORLD. YOURS ARE THE FEET WITH WHICH HE IS TO GO ABOUT DOING GOOD. YOURS ARE THE HANDS WITH WHICH HE IS TO BLESS HIS PEOPLE NOW." - Teresa De Ávila

But in real life, humanity is the human face of G-d, and human faithlessness, hopelessness and hate ... negate Paul's vision.
Humanity is not the face of God it is the face of sin.The  attributes you pointed out confirm this. God can be found in Love. Not the Eros you know but in Agape' what is Agape'? Agape' is patient and kind. Agape' is not jealous, it does not brag, and it is not proud. 5 Agape' is not rude, it is not selfish, and it cannot be made angry easily. Agape' does not remember wrongs done against it. 6 Love/Agape' is never happy when others do wrong, but it is always happy with the truth. 7 Love never gives up on people. It never stops trusting, never loses hope, and never quits.
8 Love will never end.

God can be found in Agape'

Blackleaf

Quote from: Drich0150 on June 16, 2017, 10:35:36 AM
Because if you did, yu like me would have found God and by definition could not be atheist, you might be able to claim to be a misotheist but you would believe in God.according to studies far more research and funded Clinton was to beat trump in a landslide. Not realy that kind of Christian. Oh the irony is thick with this one.. Do you know how many original atheist arguments I've run across in the last 10 years??? Maybe 3. The rest are just take offs or spins Hitchens Voltaire or the like. No one can be born Christian.
in that time did you ever have contact with God? Ever heard the parable of the wise and foolish builder? Durning the time that paragraph represents you were building your house/Faith. Then God sent the wind and rain to test what you built,  ...and your house of faith fell flat. Why? you were seeking to worship a God that did not exist. Sure he was modeled on the God of the bible, but it seems you were looking to trade your good works for answered prayers...

Here's the thing. No where in scripture is that a thing. Meaning the God of the bible does not trade work for answered prayer. And if you are not worship the God the bible describes, He after a certain point will stop supporting Your version of God/your foundation built on sand. What he will do is send the winds and rains to test your faith and your version of God so hard an honest person will discover their verion of God does not exist.

Now a humble man says of course I messed up I haven't read my bible I sit in church and let the preacher spoon feed me who God is, and of course I got it wrong first time out! A proud man says I tried and if there were a God he would have met me 1/2 despite what the bible says.

But again Jesus Himself gives us the parable of the wise and foolish builders so we know what to expect concerning our faith.
which core? there are supposedly over 30K versions of Christianity.. which one was the right one...that didn't yield God???

I mean to me the right version would have you in communication with God. but to you the right version is the one that allows you to leave...

Riddle me this, is truth a concern at all to you?

Jesus Christ. Do you need to address every single sentence separately? My post had two paragraphs. You somehow took that and turned it into NINE QUOTES! Have you ever heard of tl;dr? I wasn't interested in your bullshit to begin with, and I'm definitely not subjecting myself to your oral diarrhea just to tell you the millions of ways you're wrong, only for it to go in one ear and out the other anyway.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Blackleaf

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on June 16, 2017, 12:08:22 PM

Oh, it's more malicious than that. He not only shuts down any ideas that contradicts his beliefs, he also dismisses the credibility of all former Christians. Because if we are no longer Christians, then we were obviously never really one of them to begin with. Assholes like Drich are too thick to be bothered with.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Drich0150

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on June 16, 2017, 02:47:18 PM
If god exists why in the hell would he make calculus?
you are thinking newton and lizbin. They simple discovered how to mathematically chart the limits, functions, and derives God has placed in the world.

Further more why would he make it a requirement class to earn a Masters degree?
so that the term master degree means something. If it were easy everyone would have one.

Drich0150

Quote from: Blackleaf on June 16, 2017, 04:14:52 PM
Jesus Christ. Do you need to address every single sentence separately?
it complete depends on how many thoughts idea or questions you cram into a post. I do pride myself in addressing everything everyone asks line by line. what seperates me from trolls. asI do speak very topically and on point.
My post had two paragraphs. You somehow took that and turned it into NINE QUOTES! Have you ever heard of tl;dr?
what I have to say is completely based on your posts.

QuoteI wasn't interested in your bullshit to begin with, and I'm definitely not subjecting myself to your oral diarrhea just to tell you the millions of ways you're wrong, only for it to go in one ear and out the other anyway.
then maybe exclude the cry for help/back story when you introduce yourself to someone if you do not me to comment on it.