News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

questions and answers anyone?

Started by Drich0150, June 15, 2017, 05:41:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drich0150

Quote from: Baruch on June 23, 2017, 05:54:34 PM
There is no law.  Don't be legalistic ;-)

The law remains for those who have not atoned for their sin.
1Thess 5:21 Question all things and hold on to what is Good. This is a charge meant for those who think themselves Christian. We are to question the foundational as well as the questionable, and hold on to the truth. Because I've done this my answers may be... Different than the typical Christian

Sal1981

Quote from: Drich0150 on June 23, 2017, 02:06:20 PM
So you think higher thought and reasoning naturally develops from instincts? or did you miss the point and answer from a vacuum of topic?
Nope, I don't think that. You asked what doesn't require training, and I answered instincts. Deal with it.

Drich0150

Quote from: Baruch on June 23, 2017, 05:58:37 PM
If this web site is Hell, why are you here?
not here sport, hell/sheol.
Actually it is Sheol, but you don't realize that yet.
beat you to it.
Hell is Viking cold afterlife for those who don't get annihilated in the Ragnarok defending Valhalla.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mzgk-L34yjo
So no. the viking 'Hel' and the Christian Hell have the spelling in common and even then.. Some sunday schoolers might point out that both are under ground. So if you want to claim that i will not argue. outside of that two very different places.
google it.

Hades is not the same as Hell, it isn't even hot.  And what about that Dante guy or that Milton guy ... they had visions too, can you channel them?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mzgk-L34yjo
They/you are wrong again. There is a 'Christian Hell and then there is the bible's version. The bible describes a place apart fro creation a pit or an bbysss the grave/sheol where God casts the unrepentant not to burn for ever but to be punished and destroyed. Hell is forever and it's only prisioner who will be tormented forever will be satan. Hell according to the bible will consume everyone and everything else.. (How long it will take to be consumed I can only speculate that will have to do with how long God tends to punish you for your sin.)
1Thess 5:21 Question all things and hold on to what is Good. This is a charge meant for those who think themselves Christian. We are to question the foundational as well as the questionable, and hold on to the truth. Because I've done this my answers may be... Different than the typical Christian

Drich0150

Quote from: aitm on June 23, 2017, 07:47:55 PM
because a REAL god wouldn't need such a fucking crazy ass idea. I mean...jesus christ boy, this is the stupidest idea ever imagined. I mean, I swear you idiots are why they have to have little pictures in restaurant restrooms showing fellow idiots how to wash their hands. What a mop head.
why is it stupid?

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Drich0150 on June 15, 2017, 05:41:12 PM
So as I said in my intro post I am here to answer and bible related question about The God of the bible Heaven Hell and even some religious stuff too. My answers maybe a little different that what most of you are use to hearing but hear me out often times I can provide a perspective that changes how you may look at a given subject completely.

So does anyone have any bible or God related questions?
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Drich0150

Quote from: Sal1981 on June 26, 2017, 10:54:01 AM
Nope, I don't think that. You asked what doesn't require training, and I answered instincts. Deal with it.
Then if you do not think that are you incapible of extrapolating a subject matter from a conversation? or does your need to find a loophole superseded you want for a civil discussion?

SGOS

Quote from: Drich0150 on June 26, 2017, 10:55:55 AM
why is it stupid?
Blood atonement is stupid.  A god wouldn't need that.  He could just disappear the problem and it's solved.  He could go back in time and correct it.  So then he says he's going to sacrifice his own son (because other people are wicked)?  Kind of dumb, isn't it?  So Jesus is alleged to have had a shitty weekend, but then God wakes him up on Sunday morning and brags to everyone that he made a sacrifice.    You call that a sacrifice?  Doesn't this sound at all a bit silly to you, or do you really buy this kind of nonsense?   OK maybe you do, but you at least must recognize how stupid it sounds.

Blackleaf

Quote from: SGOS on June 26, 2017, 11:12:58 AM
Blood atonement is stupid.  A god wouldn't need that.  He could just disappear the problem and it's solved.  He could go back in time and correct it.  So then he says he's going to sacrifice his own son (because other people are wicked)?  Kind of dumb, isn't it?  So Jesus is alleged to have had a shitty weekend, but then God wakes him up on Sunday morning and brags to everyone that he made a sacrifice.    You call that a sacrifice?  Doesn't this sound at all a bit silly to you, or do you really buy this kind of nonsense?   OK maybe you do, but you at least must recognize how stupid it sounds.

"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Mike Cl

Quote from: Drich0150 on June 26, 2017, 10:37:33 AM
The law remains for those who have not atoned for their sin.
Yeah, right.  If your holey book does not fit your belief, then make shit up.  Works for most theists. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Drich0150

Quote from: SGOS on June 26, 2017, 11:12:58 AM

I use to think something similar till I was show something different..

What if the blood atonement was not necessarily for God.. what if it was more about us? Meaning what if God could make it all just go away like you said, but for Him it did cause greif or it pains Him deeply to see how far some of us Go in sin. What if the blood is simply a physical understanding of the level of pain/cost He endures when he makes it all just goaway.. What if He did all of that so that you would have some measurable understanding of the cost to Him, so that when he asks you to resect what has been done for you you have some idea, so way to gauge rather than blow it off or dismiss it.

I know not everyone will care but those who are called will at least look into this cost and try and empathize the spiritual cost/pain God endured to make all of this goaway, so that when He asks for us to respect Christ via believeing in Him and repenting of oursins we can see that vastness of what was done for us in relation to the minimal amount of respect that He asks in return..

So then how is that stupid?

Putting a cost that we can understand on an intangible like salvation?

Drich0150

Quote from: Mike Cl on June 26, 2017, 11:33:28 AM
Yeah, right.  If your holey book does not fit your belief, then make shit up.  Works for most theists.
As you and jesus points out.. He did not come here to abolish the law..

SGOS

Quote from: Drich0150 on June 26, 2017, 12:07:24 PM
I know not everyone will care but those who are called will at least look into this cost and try and empathize the spiritual cost/pain God endured to make all of this goaway, so that when He asks for us to respect Christ via believeing in Him and repenting of oursins we can see that vastness of what was done for us in relation to the minimal amount of respect that He asks in return..

So then how is that stupid?
For starters, you just made half of that up.  And then the rest of it was made up by someone else.

Munch

You know, the fact that a lot of us here once believed in god or whatever faith based system, and became atheist by their own accord, then having you show up claiming you have all the answers, as if your going to teach people here something they didn't already know.

The fact is, your not going to achieve anything whatever it is here, because even if you try to read from scripture and preach, people here stopped believe in it, because of the very nature of the practice itself. Infact I'm certain there are people who who are now atheist or agnostic who were more deeply engrossed in it then yourself Drich0150
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

Quote from: Drich0150 on June 26, 2017, 12:08:50 PM
As you and jesus points out.. He did not come here to abolish the law..

Hence you are Jewish, right?  Unless you mean only the Noahide laws.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Drich0150

Quote from: SGOS on June 26, 2017, 12:30:15 PM
For starters, you just made half of that up.  And then the rest of it was made up by someone else.
made up 1/2 of what?