I heard you guys were looking for a new Christian to help answer any questions

Started by Drich0150, June 15, 2017, 05:05:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drich0150

Quote from: Unbeliever on June 15, 2017, 05:29:07 PM

"Don't speak to me about your religion;
first show it to me in how you treat other people. 
Don't tell me how much you love your God;
show me in how much you love all God's children. 
Don't preach to me your passion for your faith;
teach me through your compassion for your neighbors. 
In the end, I'm not as interested in what you have  to tell or sell as I am in how you choose to live and give."
Cary Booker

Those who rarely think for themselves tend to have to quote others to do their thinking and speaking for them.
~Drich0150
Before you get too butt hurt know I am simply challenging you to Use your words I don't care what "care-ie" has to say unless I can speak with her and challenge her with her own mindset. You are before me tell me what you think.
1Thess 5:21 Question all things and hold on to what is Good. This is a charge meant for those who think themselves Christian. We are to question the foundational as well as the questionable, and hold on to the truth. Because I've done this my answers may be... Different than the typical Christian

Unbeliever

Ok, you asked for it.

Why would I believe that you're at all qualified to answer any question I may have concerning the Bible and the God it portrays?
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

GrinningYMIR

"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Mike Cl

Quote from: Drich0150 on June 15, 2017, 05:05:27 PM
You may have, or clear up any misconceptions you may have concerning the God of the bible!

The best and brightest responses in 3.. 2.. 1....

Ps. can someone help me put my sunflower avatar up
Welcome to the board.  But I don't have any misconceptions concerning the god of the bible.  But, apparently, you do.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

aitm

You may have, or clear up any misconceptions you may have concerning the God of the bible!

nah....2000 years peeps been putting forth all kinds of bullshit. Pretty sure you have nothing new.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Drich0150

Quote from: Unbeliever on June 15, 2017, 05:40:45 PM
Ok, you asked for it.

Why would I believe that you're at all qualified to answer any question I may have concerning the Bible and the God it portrays?

As I point out in my sig, 1thess 5:21 Question all things and hold on to what is good. This does not mean just to question the questionable but also question the foundational.

If you seek the truth I am just but another avenue to look down for it. All I ask is you give me the time to ask an honest question and see if I can't give you an answer that changes something. If you do not seek the truth there is nothing I can say that will be good enough.
1Thess 5:21 Question all things and hold on to what is Good. This is a charge meant for those who think themselves Christian. We are to question the foundational as well as the questionable, and hold on to the truth. Because I've done this my answers may be... Different than the typical Christian

Drich0150

Quote from: Mike Cl on June 15, 2017, 05:45:29 PM
Welcome to the board.  But I don't have any misconceptions concerning the god of the bible.  But, apparently, you do.
If you like I can help you with your little paradox... The fact that you see a paradox in what Epicurus wrote is a misconception of the very nature of God.

Drich0150

Quote from: aitm on June 15, 2017, 05:49:10 PM
nah....2000 years peeps been putting forth all kinds of bullshit. Pretty sure you have nothing new.
we shall see, if the mods will allow it.

Mr.Obvious

You heard wrong.
Still: Welcome to the .com. I know you're on the .org.
Welcome to our little band of heathens.
I have no questions regarding christianity at this point.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Blackleaf

Quote from: Drich0150 on June 15, 2017, 05:22:30 PM
Again because you want to know the truth..

The truth is not everyone can worship God as they are literal slaves to their sin. They belong to someone else. therefore for them they will have no interest in worshiping God.

For those who belong to God and not sin... This is reason enough to worship God.

Just because my answer does not fit your preconceived outline as to how a cookie cutter Christian should answer, doesn't mean the answer I gave is not truthful.

Actually, the problem is you fit EXACTLY the cookie cutter outline for how Christians respond to questions.

God is worthy of worship because he's God? Well, I say I'm worthy of all of the money in your bank account because I'm Blackleaf. Cash or checks only, please.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Mike Cl

Quote from: Drich0150 on June 15, 2017, 05:51:45 PM
If you like I can help you with your little paradox... The fact that you see a paradox in what Epicurus wrote is a misconception of the very nature of God.
I don't see a paradox.  What you want to peddle here is 'Truth', which does not exist.  And you think you know the nature of god.  And you probably do know the nature of 'your' god, since god(s) are different for everybody who believes in them.  But there really is no nature of god, since god is a fiction.  So, I might as well try selling the nature of Bugs Bunny to you.  Both god and Bugs Bunny are fictions.  Its just that the those who believe in Bugs Bunny are less destructive than those who believe in the nature of their god(s).

But sure, point out the error of my thoughts and bring me unto the light.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

SGOS

Come in. Come in.

Lead these angry atheists to the light.  Perhaps you can succeed where others have failed, but you will need a new gimmick if you want to save these festering souls.  We've seen the shtick many times, and remain unimpressed.  Oh wait.  You aren't doing this for us.  You are just doing it so you can tell your friends you have walked among the thieves and liars like a lamb in the den of lions.  And yet your faith remains strong and everlasting.  Tell your friends how you resisted the will of the fornicators as they tried to destroy your faith.

Or you can save some time.  If you leave right now, we will give you a note telling your friends that we were all impressed with your knowledge of God, and cowered under his might.  As an extra incentive, we also issue valuable coupons that you can trade for extra points when you arrive at the gates of Heaven, but only if you act quickly.  This is a one time offer.

Hakurei Reimu

Hello.

Quote from: Drich0150 on June 15, 2017, 05:49:51 PM
If you seek the truth I am just but another avenue to look down for it. All I ask is you give me the time to ask an honest question and see if I can't give you an answer that changes something. If you do not seek the truth there is nothing I can say that will be good enough.
Okay, but if you were well-versed in the bible, then asking you would be more time-efficient than asking someone who is not well-versed. If you are mistaken, or if you lie, then that is destructive to the purpose of seeking truth, and if you don't know and honestly answer that you don't know, then we have gained nothing at the cost of some time.

So, again, are you qualified to answer? Be honest, and direct. You'll get much better treatment if you are. We don't like slippery little toads, so don't be one.
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

hrdlr110

The best and brightest responses in 3.. 2.. 1....

Ps. can someone help me put my sunflower avatar up

Jesus F. Christ no, why would you think that? Hell, you probably don't even I know his middle name. I gave you the first letter, have a guess....
Q for theists; how can there be freewill and miracles? And, how can prayer exist in an environment as regimented as "gods plan"?

"I'm a polyatheist, there are many gods I don't believe in." - Dan Fouts