News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Faux News Admits It Finally

Started by trdsf, June 15, 2017, 10:38:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trdsf

They've officially dropped 'Fair and Balanced' as their slogan.

No shit.

Apparently they're using 'Most watched, most trusted' now, which the former may be true, I don't know, I don't follow news ratings, and the latter is entirely subjective and probably refers to the knuckledraggers who only believe it if they hear it on Faux.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: trdsf on June 15, 2017, 10:38:40 AM

No shit.

Apparently they're using 'Most watched, most trusted' now, which the former may be true, I don't know, I don't follow news ratings, and the latter is entirely subjective and probably refers to the knuckledraggers who only believe it if they hear it on Faux.
"Lying Bastards" was taken?
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: trdsf on June 15, 2017, 10:38:40 AM

No shit.

I can't believe you just referred to our president as a knuckledragger.

That's a serious insult to our great ape cousins.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on June 15, 2017, 11:09:17 AM
I can't believe you just referred to our president as a knuckledragger.

That's a serious insult to our great ape cousins.
He aspires to their status.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Unbeliever

Their slogan should be "Lies and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them."

I have that Franken book, and it's always made me think of FAUX News.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

fencerider

There are many places in the U.S. where the only radio stations available are the Christian station, the country station and FAUX Pas News. and in more than half the U.S. the Tv in the gas station, diner, or truck stop is left on Faux all day... you risk having an arm broken if you dare to change the channel
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Baruch

Quote from: fencerider on June 17, 2017, 11:26:47 AM
There are many places in the U.S. where the only radio stations available are the Christian station, the country station and FAUX Pas News. and in more than half the U.S. the Tv in the gas station, diner, or truck stop is left on Faux all day... you risk having an arm broken if you dare to change the channel

Bubba likes his echo chamber ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Changing channels is possible.  I go to a barber shop on weekdays.  The place is deserted.  I demanded the barber change to MSNBC and turn my chair to see it.  He did.  On the other hand, that is only once every 2 months.

I had more effective luck when my Dad was living here.  He wanted Fox News all day.  I made so much fun of it that he agreed to watch CNN if I would shut up.  He never could argue well with me.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on June 18, 2017, 06:15:50 AM
Changing channels is possible.  I go to a barber shop on weekdays.  The place is deserted.  I demanded the barber change to MSNBC and turn my chair to see it.  He did.  On the other hand, that is only once every 2 months.

I had more effective luck when my Dad was living here.  He wanted Fox News all day.  I made so much fun of it that he agreed to watch CNN if I would shut up.  He never could argue well with me.

Why are you mean to a helpless old man?  While my mom lived with me, it was veterinary show after veterinary show.  They were always doing castrations!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.