Video Microsoft Doesn't Want You To See (XB1)

Started by Shiranu, June 12, 2013, 01:18:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

Quote from: "Farroc"
Quote from: "Johan"
Quote from: "Farroc"//http://www.xboxshun.com/
There's already a good boycott site. Hope you guys will join it. They already have nearly four thousand signatures.
There is no such thing as bad press. Sites like that think they're doing harm to the product sales when in fact they generally do the exact opposite.
I completely disagree. It doesn't matter how much press Microsoft gets, if nobody buys their stuff they won't make a profit.  Microsoft's stock has already gone down and everybody I know had said they're not buying an Xbox One. There's no way Microsoft can succeed with the new Xbox.

This.

I cant think of a single person I have met who has saw all this and said, "Wow! I really want an Xbox now!". Only one person I know is buying one (and one for his girlfriend), and that is because he is a HARDCORE Microsoft/Halo fanboy.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

_Xenu_

Quote from: "Johan"
Quote from: "Farroc"//http://www.xboxshun.com/
There's already a good boycott site. Hope you guys will join it. They already have nearly four thousand signatures.
There is no such thing as bad press. Sites like that think they're doing harm to the product sales when in fact they generally do the exact opposite.
There's something I've been wondering: Are you an owner of MSFT stock?
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

Johan

Quote from: "_Xenu_"There's something I've been wondering: Are you an owner of MSFT stock?
Nope. Like I said earlier, I don't have a dog in this race.

I'm just going with the odds. Every time a tech company introduces a new generation of some product which has some change that hard core fans decide they don't like, the 'net runs amuck with 'this thing is going to fail on day one' type posts. And more often than not, the product does as the company expected or better. I've seen it time and time and time again. I could be wrong and if I am, I give you all permission to gloat with reckless abandon.

But I still stand by what I said about no such thing as bad press. With extremely rare exception, the more people talk about a product, even if they're saying bad things, the more sales will result.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

Farroc

But never before have the changes been this bad, and, as far as I know, there's never been a boycott website with thousands of signatures. Besides, the current evidence speaks for itself. Ps4 pre-orders outnumber xb1 pre-orders 3 to 2.
"The idea of getting a, y\'know, syringe full of heroin and shooting it in the vein under my cock right now seems like almost a productive act." -Bill Hicks

pato15

Quote from: "Johan"Microsoft didn't get to be Microsoft by accident.

Actually, they kinda did. They just happened to be providing the OS for IBM PCs when they took off. Then the need for backward compatibility ensured that they would dominate the OS market. This makes it particularly ironic that the XBone doesn't offer backward compatibility.
To be is to do - Socrates
To do is to be - Sartre
Do Be Do Be Do - Sinatra

Johan

The boycott website makes me laugh. A lot.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

Johan

Quote from: "pato15"
Quote from: "Johan"Microsoft didn't get to be Microsoft by accident.

Actually, they kinda did. They just happened to be providing the OS for IBM PCs when they took off. Then the need for backward compatibility ensured that they would dominate the OS market. This makes it particularly ironic that the XBone doesn't offer backward compatibility.
They also licensed the software to IBM rather than selling it to them outright as was the common model up until that point. Like I said, no accident.

Aroura33

This is such a weird thread. Some of you seem awfully invested in an crap item that you will not buy.  :-k

We get it, the Xbox1 is crap.  We all agree.  Microsoft shot itself in the foot, but not in the head.  It has many other NON crappy products, and will continue on as a company, hopefully learning from this stupid mistake.

Somehow, I doubt this topic will die so easily though.....
"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.  LLAP"
Leonard Nimoy

Farroc

I don't understand what your problem is Johan. The new Xbox is completely anti-consumerist and unfair, and some of us are trying to do something about it. Not all of us have internet, or feel comfortable paying 60$ for a game we won't own. We're not doing this because we're afraid of change, we're doing this because Microsoft turning into a bunch money-hungry corporate asses.
"The idea of getting a, y\'know, syringe full of heroin and shooting it in the vein under my cock right now seems like almost a productive act." -Bill Hicks

_Xenu_

Quote from: "Johan"They also licensed the software to IBM rather than selling it to them outright as was the common model up until that point. Like I said, no accident.
They "sold" IBM vaporware, then went out, bought a third rate OS and slapped their logo on it. MS-DOS was a joke, even for its time. In the beginning, it didn't even have folders. And it never gained any sort of native hardware support, forcing individual developers to write their own device drivers. If UNIX hadn't been in a state of legal flux at the time, MS would have been deservedly wiped out.

Farroc

Quote from: "Aroura33"This is such a weird thread. Some of you seem awfully invested in an crap item that you will not buy.  :-k

We get it, the Xbox1 is crap.  We all agree.  Microsoft shot itself in the foot, but not in the head.  It has many other NON crappy products, and will continue on as a company, hopefully learning from this stupid mistake.

Somehow, I doubt this topic will die so easily though.....
This reason we're doing this, instead of simply not buying the Xbox One for ourselves, is because the xb1 is just the beginning. Do you think the reason Sony hasn't implemented as many DRM policies as Microsoft is because Sony cares about how gamers feel? No. They're just as evil and greedy as those bastards at Microsoft. The reason Sony hasn't done the same things as Microsoft is because they knew something like this would happen, and they would loose money. But if we stop protesting and leave the issue alone, Microsoft will profit from the xb1, and it won't be long before Sony and Nintendo follow. And then we'll be left with nothing. That, is why we're so "invested" in this.

the_antithesis

Quote from: "Farroc"Do you think the reason Sony hasn't implemented as many DRM policies as Microsoft is because Sony cares about how gamers feel?.

Nobody cares how gamers feel. Gamers are a bunch of whiny cunts.

Farroc

I have no idea why everyone is being so hostile about this. Especially you Antithesis. I hope you're just in a bad mood.

Shiranu

Quote from: "the_antithesis"
Quote from: "Farroc"Do you think the reason Sony hasn't implemented as many DRM policies as Microsoft is because Sony cares about how gamers feel?.

Nobody cares how gamers feel. Gamers are a bunch of whiny cunts.

You care about how someone feels if you expect to dominate a market of those people.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

_Xenu_

Quote from: "Farroc"I have no idea why everyone is being so hostile about this. Especially you Antithesis. I hope you're just in a bad mood.
Is he ever in a good mood?