News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Orwellian reporting

Started by pr126, June 12, 2017, 02:18:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

All Media are agents of the Deep State since WW II.  Telling the truth is dangerous to the ruling class.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Munch

Mainstream media isn't our the side of reason, they just want to be on the side of things that they think currently sells their brand. This is also why they attack independent content creators on sites like youtube, because when people come to them for more reasonable discussion on current events, the mainstream media wants to silence them.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Cavebear

Quote from: Munch on June 12, 2017, 08:13:14 AM
Mainstream media isn't our the side of reason, they just want to be on the side of things that they think currently sells their brand. This is also why they attack independent content creators on sites like youtube, because when people come to them for more reasonable discussion on current events, the mainstream media wants to silence them.
I disagree.  Mainstream media is mainstream because they have a long-standing reputation for carefully-investigated facts.  The Washington Post and NY Times care about their reputations, and check things carefully.  Too many irrational people dislike them because they just don't like the facts.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on June 18, 2017, 06:27:36 AM
I disagree.  Mainstream media is mainstream because they have a long-standing reputation for carefully-investigated facts.  The Washington Post and NY Times care about their reputations, and check things carefully.  Too many irrational people dislike them because they just don't like the facts.

You took the whole bottle of pills!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

pr126

SGOS

What's mainstream?  I would suggest that the Internet is now the mainstream.  The Internet is a constant flow of fact and rubbish.  It's like the Bible.  You can interpret it anyway you want.  You can verify any thought that comes to mind.  When my mind becomes saturated with opinions and alternate facts, I find a solitaire site and sit there sorting cards, wondering why such a mindless use of my energy so closely resembles the process of trying to fathom current events from my Google home page.

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on June 18, 2017, 11:29:47 AM
What's mainstream?  I would suggest that the Internet is now the mainstream.  The Internet is a constant flow of fact and rubbish.  It's like the Bible.  You can interpret it anyway you want.  You can verify any thought that comes to mind.  When my mind becomes saturated with opinions and alternate facts, I find a solitaire site and sit there sorting cards, wondering why such a mindless use of my energy so closely resembles the process of trying to fathom current events from my Google home page.

Mainstream ... how 1960s is that?  There are only three TV stations in each town (most of them).  They all broadcast what the FBI and CIA want you to hear.  There are only two newspapers in each town .. an R paper and and D paper, who keep each other "honest" because they oppose each other (but they are also FBI/CIA COINTELPRO).  The radio plays both classic, pop and rock ... as entertainment.  They are also "guided" by the MIC.  The CIA is in charge of the drug trade, the FBI is in charge of controlled domestic opposition.  What is not to like about that time?  Today we have at most one newspaper.  But many more sources for music besides records and radio.  We have many channels of TV but there is nothing worth watching.  So people go on the Internet, for news, music and video.  Was necessary in the 60s to control everything, because the ends justify the means ... and for the children.  Today it is the same ... there is an enemy of the week club ... not just "communism".  The New Media isn't for everyone .. not everyone made the transition from theater to film, from live music to radio.

Cards?  Why yes, as per Tarot (usually a card game in Europe, only divining in Anglophone countries) ... the future is in the cards! ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

aitm

Quote from: Baruch on June 18, 2017, 12:00:00 PM
  They all broadcast what the FBI and CIA want you to hear.

Coming from a barricaded bunker deep in Idaho..somewhere off the grid and apparently meds.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Baruch

Quote from: aitm on June 18, 2017, 12:04:09 PM
Coming from a barricaded bunker deep in Idaho..somewhere off the grid and apparently meds.

The FBI and KGB don't exist for real, only Al Capone and Putin want you to think so ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

As much as I participate here and a couple other discussion forums, use email, and have 2 blogs, I am not really an internet person.  I am not on any social media, I don't use the cloud, and I don't use contact lists.  My communications are individual, specif, and direct.

I can't even find my self with a google search!  That's how I want it to be.

To me, mainstream media is commercial legitimate, fact-checked news.  If I see a site that isn't known to me, isn't .org or .edu, I don't trust it.  Any .com site has to prove it is factual, and I check them. 

OK, I play strategic games at a .com site...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!