News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

We Are Sikhs

Started by Shiranu, June 10, 2017, 03:25:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atheon

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on July 15, 2017, 11:51:35 AM
I find it funny that all Y'all are defending a religion. Seriously? We are atheist! Fuck religion! And the Judiah who resulted in all these branches like Sikhs.Sure the culture is intresting but they act just like Muslims who say they are a "religion of peace" and turn around and do something fucked up.
I, for one, am defending the people, not the religion. I do the same with Muslims, Christians, Jews, etc. (as long as they are not harming anyone).

All religions are false. Many religions (particularly in their extreme forms) are downright evil. But for the most part, the people are good.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on July 16, 2017, 06:36:12 AM
Islam is not and never was an abrahamic faith.
Muhammad pretended for the reason to give himself an ancestry, and to gain converts from the Jews and Christians living then in Arabia.

They did not want to convert, so Muhammad fought them and banished them from Arabia.
All the Muslim customs and rituals are of Arabian pagan origins, to attract the pagan Arabs to Islam.
Allah is not and never was the god of the Jews or Christians.
Allah originally was a pagan rock god in the Kaaba.
There is no indications in the bible of either Allah or Muhammad.

Don’t have to believe me, research it for yourselves.

Neither Christianity nor Judaism are legitimate either.  Abraham wasn't Jewish .. most likely Hurrian.

Draconic Aiur ... anyone in American who isn't like the majority, is Black.  It is the idea, not the skin color.  As an alien in an alien land, it is natural for you to be alienated.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

"There is no indications in the bible of either Allah or Muhammad. "

...are you on drugs?
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Shiranu

QuoteAh! So your so ignorant of religion you probably buy into that religion of peace bullshit!

So the guy who thinks Sikhs are basically Muslims is calling me ignorant about religion.

QuoteAll religions are the same because they all have  a fantasy world with a higher being...

Wrong again, Bob.

QuoteThe definition of a  atheist is person who disbelieves or lacks belief in the existence of God or gods...

Correct.

QuoteSo yes because we don't believe in god or gods, we don't believe in a religion and therefore we are against religion.

Awww, you were doing so good. That aint how it works.

QuoteIn our title "Atheist" we have an a which when added to a word in our language means anti. So all in all we are by definition anti theist and anti religion.

Actually, in "our" language (actually, in Latin) the a- prefix stands for "without". Without-theism, not anti-theism.

Anti- in Latin means "Against".

(For fun's sake, in our language a- means "on", "in", "into"... so I don't think that helps you either :P)

QuoteYes I have Abrahamic names, what of it? At-least I know its bull shit.

Not what I said. I said you have "Abrahamic shit" in regards to you saying they have Abrahamic beliefs. As an American, much of your beliefs are heavily influenced by Abrahamic morals and standards, even if you don't realise it. More than likely you are more heavily influenced by Abrahamic traditions than Sikhs are, who are more heavily influenced by Dharmic tradition.

QuoteAlso I take pride that as a third gen anti religion man, than a 1st gen telling I'm fake.

You're not fake, you're just wrong.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on July 16, 2017, 08:12:42 AM
"There is no indications in the bible of either Allah or Muhammad. "

...are you on drugs?

Depends on what magic ingredients he adds to his baking ;-))
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

pr126

Quote from: Baruch on July 16, 2017, 10:55:59 AM
Depends on what magic ingredients he adds to his baking ;-))
Some people feel more comfortable with lies and propaganda.
It’s their problem.

Getting educated about Islam from Muslims. Politicians do it all the time.
All they have to do is read their books. Who wants to bother with that?

I would like some proof that the bible contains a valid reference to Allah or Muhammad.
Without the word plays and mental gymnastics.

http://www.menorah.org/allahtrc.html

Hydra009

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on July 16, 2017, 12:42:34 AMSo yous a weak atheist eh?
I do not think that word means what you think it means, given the context of my post.  But yes, weak atheist (someone who doesn't believe in any deity but doesn't assert that deities do not exist) would be accurate.

Quotethey all have bullshit and they all have fanatic followers.
To greater or lesser degrees, let's say that's true.  What response should I have besides criticizing religious faith as I have already been doing for many years?

QuoteHowever when your defending a religious group of nuts calling defenders of their own religious truth I'd say your looney too.
Is that what I'm doing?  And here I thought I was just asserting that Sikhism and Sikhs themselves don't seem particularly terrible compared to their peers.

QuoteAlso I take pride that as a third gen anti religion man, than a 1st gen telling I'm fake.
:eh:  You know that's not heritable, right?

Draconic Aiur

Quote from: Shiranu on July 16, 2017, 08:43:08 AM
So the guy who thinks Sikhs are basically Muslims is calling me ignorant about religion.

Wrong again, Bob.

Correct.

Awww, you were doing so good. That aint how it works.

Actually, in "our" language (actually, in Latin) the a- prefix stands for "without". Without-theism, not anti-theism.

Anti- in Latin means "Against".

(For fun's sake, in our language a- means "on", "in", "into"... so I don't think that helps you either :P)

Not what I said. I said you have "Abrahamic shit" in regards to you saying they have Abrahamic beliefs. As an American, much of your beliefs are heavily influenced by Abrahamic morals and standards, even if you don't realise it. More than likely you are more heavily influenced by Abrahamic traditions than Sikhs are, who are more heavily influenced by Dharmic tradition.

You're not fake, you're just wrong.

Shut up! Your the wrong one defending a religious sect that is Sikhs!

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on July 16, 2017, 11:16:00 AM
Some people feel more comfortable with lies and propaganda.
It’s their problem.

Getting educated about Islam from Muslims. Politicians do it all the time.
All they have to do is read their books. Who wants to bother with that?

I would like some proof that the bible contains a valid reference to Allah or Muhammad.
Without the word plays and mental gymnastics.

http://www.menorah.org/allahtrc.html

Ask a rabbi ... it is all word plays and mental gymnastics ... that is a prime qualification to be a rabbi ;-))

Pre-Roman Christianity, early Islam, rabbinic Judaism ... all come from the same general Semitic matrix ... as influenced by Hellenism, Zoroastrianism and Indic thought.  But don't accept the myth of origin of any religion ... including rabbinic Judaism.  If any miracles are claimed, you know they are ... telling mere stories.  Alaha is the Aramaic word for "god".  Muhammad specialized it into "Allah" to meet his political requirements.  Just as Hellenistic Jews specialized "meshiach" into "Christos".
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Draconic Aiur

I will confess that I don't know the details about every religion and religious culture, but I can tell you from a atheist point of view theey are all the same with their religious hoobuju and their shitty logic. Based on what I learned about Sikhs, they are people who are defenders of truth, what truth you ask? The belief in god of course.

Shiranu

QuoteShut up! Your the wrong one defending a religious sect that is Sikhs!

I thought atheists were suppose to be the rational ones...

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on July 17, 2017, 06:29:10 AM
I thought atheists were suppose to be the rational ones...

Rational is over-rated.  All apes are irrational.  But an SJW is all pro all the time, never anti .. unless it is White Male.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

I put up with any religion that doesn't force it's shit in people's faces, that however doesn't make even the mild versions of said faiths any better, it's like comparing mouse shit to elephant shit, ones far bigger and got a wider aura of funk, but it's all still the same waste.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Shiranu

Most Sikhs I know are better people than atheists, and a large part of it has to do with their religious customs. If mouse shit can produce a better person than a clean ass, than perhaps mouse shit is better.

pr126

Atheon wrote:
QuoteI, for one, am defending the people, not the religion. I do the same with Muslims, Christians, Jews, etc. (as long as they are not harming anyone).
Interesting virtue signaling.

What makes you think that a religious person needs defending by an atheist?
Defending them from whom, exactly? Other atheists?

Do you think they would reciprocate?

Wait. Christians in Iraq need defending Can you help?