News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

We Are Sikhs

Started by Shiranu, June 10, 2017, 03:25:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on July 15, 2017, 03:10:27 AM
Sikhs are still Muslim in my eyes, and all Muslims are a Judah branch which they are cousin to Christianity and therefore shit.

Then you have no understanding of Sikh philosophy, which is much more heavily influenced by Hinduism and Buddhism than being just Islamic (and the Abrahamic faiths). Also take into account that area was also heavily influenced by Zoroastrianism... you may think all of those are shit, which is perfectly fine, but they are not remotely the same thing. Sikhism is just as much Dharmic as it is Abrahamic, and is really interesting in itself to just lump in with others.

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Atheon

Racists and Islamophobes are neither intelligent nor educated, so they won't understand the message. Too many big, polysyllabic words.

Plus that one guy keeps pronouncing it "sick" instead of "seek", which can cause confusion.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Draconic Aiur

I find it funny that all Y'all are defending a religion. Seriously? We are atheist! Fuck religion! And the Judiah who resulted in all these branches like Sikhs.Sure the culture is intresting but they act just like Muslims who say they are a "religion of peace" and turn around and do something fucked up.

Baruch

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on July 15, 2017, 11:51:35 AM
I find it funny that all Y'all are defending a religion. Seriously? We are atheist! Fuck religion! And the Judiah who resulted in all these branches like Sikhs.Sure the culture is intresting but they act just like Muslims who say they are a "religion of peace" and turn around and do something fucked up.

Sikhs are only terrorists in India, against Hindus and PM who shoot up their Golden Temple.

Phobic people are sick.  Republican-Phobes are sick.  Democrat-Phobes are sick ... see how that works!

What I hate about the SJW is that they are White-Phobic and Male-Phobic and American-Phobic ... they need a padded cell and some medication, stat!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Draconic Aiur

Shiranu

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on July 15, 2017, 11:51:35 AM

Except the majority of Sikh tradition, again, comes from Dharmic instead of Abrahamic teachings.

Also, you are mistaking atheist for anti-theist, which is like mistaking Sikhs for Muslims. It's ignorant and inaccurate.

Also, Sikhs are overwhelmingly positive influences in their societies... so... yeah...

This is one thing that has driven me away from identifying as atheist... The vocal atheists who are proudly ignorant about what they dislike give the rest of us a bad name.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Draconic Aiur

Quote from: Shiranu on July 15, 2017, 03:17:37 PM
Except the majority of Sikh tradition, again, comes from Dharmic instead of Abrahamic teachings.

Also, you are mistaking atheist for anti-theist, which is like mistaking for Sikhs for Muslims. It's ignorant and inaccurate.

Also, Sikhs are overwhelmingly positive influences in their societies... so... yeah...

Athiests are anti theist
All religions are the same don't say they are not that makes you ignorant
Sikh still has abrahamic shit

Shiranu

"Athiests are anti theist"

No, they aren't.

"All religions are the same..."

Not even remotely.

"Sikh still has abrahamic shit"

So do you, to provably more extent than they, so don't cast stones lest you break that glass house.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Cavebear on June 18, 2017, 07:17:05 AM
The odds don't matter if you are the ONE stopped by a cop who shoots in panic hearing a person stating honestly when questioned that he has a gun even legitimately.  The defense was that the policeman had a right to panic upon hearing there was a gun in the car.

Would the driver have been shot if he was white and looked like a PI?  Really?

No, and that's the rub. 

When black guys get shot for carrying a gun IN STATES WHERE IT IS LEGAL TO CARRY ONE OPENLY or with permits, something is seriously wrong.  And when the police get off for killing a law-abiding citizen, that is wrong.  I want that cop in jail for murder.

And I'm not in favor of every yahoo carrying guns for no good reason. 

I'm a older white guy.  But I'll be damned if I will accept the police acting like they have a 007 license-to-kill!
That's a good SJW.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on July 15, 2017, 03:21:16 PM
Athiests are anti theist
All religions are the same don't say they are not that makes you ignorant
Sikh still has abrahamic shit

You have facial hair envy and turban envy ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Draconic Aiur

Quote from: Shiranu on July 15, 2017, 04:21:16 PM
"Athiests are anti theist"

No, they aren't.

"All religions are the same..."

Not even remotely.

"Sikh still has abrahamic shit"

So do you, to provably more extent than they, so don't cast stones lest you break that glass house.

Ah! So your so ignorant of religion you probably buy into that religion of peace bullshit!
Let me educate you. All religions are the same because they all have  a fantasy world with a higher being and have followers that are faithful enough to believe in their delusions to twist reality around to a point where they justly kill, rape or manipulate a person.

The definition of a  atheist is person who disbelieves or lacks belief in the existence of God or gods. So yes because we don't believe in god or gods, we don't believe in a religion and therefore we are against religion. In our title "Atheist" we have an a which when added to a word in our language means anti. So all in all we are by definition anti theist and anti religion.

Yes I have Abrahamic names, what of it? At-least I know its bull shit.

Also because we are a minority we have learned to co exist with religions often in hiding for fear of oppression, and segregation and even death.

Hydra009

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on July 15, 2017, 03:21:16 PMAthiests are anti theist
Hi, actual antitheist here.

I don't hate Sikhs or religious people in general.  I do despise the superstitious and dangerous beliefs that theists often hold.  But I don't lump all religions together, some are definitely worse than others.  I find Sikh beliefs to be more progressive than most other religions.  Also, Sikhs themselves don't strike me as a particularly violent or intolerant people.

So, I have no idea what you're talking about.

Baruch

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on July 15, 2017, 08:45:33 PM
Ah! So your so ignorant of religion you probably buy into that religion of peace bullshit!
Let me educate you. All religions are the same because they all have  a fantasy world with a higher being and have followers that are faithful enough to believe in their delusions to twist reality around to a point where they justly kill, rape or manipulate a person.

The definition of a  atheist is person who disbelieves or lacks belief in the existence of God or gods. So yes because we don't believe in god or gods, we don't believe in a religion and therefore we are against religion. In our title "Atheist" we have an a which when added to a word in our language means anti. So all in all we are by definition anti theist and anti religion.

Yes I have Abrahamic names, what of it? At-least I know its bull shit.

Also because we are a minority we have learned to co exist with religions often in hiding for fear of oppression, and segregation and even death.

There are all sorts of ways to be Black in a White society, and having to pass as White.  We Jews know about this.  You have my sympathy ... life sucks.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Draconic Aiur

Quote from: Baruch on July 15, 2017, 11:32:47 PM
There are all sorts of ways to be Black in a White society, and having to pass as White.  We Jews know about this.  You have my sympathy ... life sucks.

Except I'm not black.

Quote from: Hydra009 on July 15, 2017, 10:56:08 PM
Hi, actual antitheist here.

I don't hate Sikhs or religious people in general.  I do despise the superstitious and dangerous beliefs that theists often hold.  But I don't lump all religions together, some are definitely worse than others.  I find Sikh beliefs to be more progressive than most other religions.  Also, Sikhs themselves don't strike me as a particularly violent or intolerant people.

So, I have no idea what you're talking about.

So yous a weak atheist eh? Also I have no problem with culture if it is social reasoning, it's the religion I'm opposing. Yes some religions are more shitty than others for I like Buddhism the best, but like Buddhism, Sikh, and other less shitty choices they all have bullshit and they all have fanatic followers. I can understand people like Baruch because hes not too far in his own shit, to have more logical aspects and reasoning. However when your defending a religious group of nuts calling defenders of their own religious truth I'd say your looney too.

Also I take pride that as a third gen anti religion man, than a 1st gen telling I'm fake.

pr126

Islam is not and never was an abrahamic faith.
Muhammad pretended for the reason to give himself an ancestry, and to gain converts from the Jews and Christians living then in Arabia.

They did not want to convert, so Muhammad fought them and banished them from Arabia.
All the Muslim customs and rituals are of Arabian pagan origins, to attract the pagan Arabs to Islam.
Allah is not and never was the god of the Jews or Christians.
Allah originally was a pagan rock god in the Kaaba.
There is no indications in the bible of either Allah or Muhammad.

Don’t have to believe me, research it for yourselves.