News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

We Are Sikhs

Started by Shiranu, June 10, 2017, 03:25:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

It's disgraceful that in 2017 we have to have commercials and organizations informing Americans that a group of people that have been in the U.S. for 100-something years aren't terrorists, Muslims, or scary others because they have repeatedly had their property vandalized and have been assaulted and killed.

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Sikhs are derivative of Guru Nanak ... who borrowed from both Islam and Hinduism.  Both of which are fundamentally un-American.  But I do think that the beards and turbans of Sikh men are cool ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Where I live we have a large population of Sikhs.  I do remember that there was a big dust-up about their carrying a kirpan (small knife).  The red-necks of the area thought it was horrible that they could carry knives.  Anyway, it soon became a non-issue.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on June 10, 2017, 07:36:36 PM
Where I live we have a large population of Sikhs.  I do remember that there was a big dust-up about their carrying a kirpan (small knife).  The red-necks of the area thought it was horrible that they could carry knives.  Anyway, it soon became a non-issue.

Yeah, red necks never carry knives (think Crocodile Dundee).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on June 10, 2017, 07:38:05 PM
Yeah, red necks never carry knives (think Crocodile Dundee).
Of course red-necks carry knives.  They just don't want anybody else to.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Cavebear

Quote from: Mike Cl on June 10, 2017, 10:09:16 PM
Of course red-necks carry knives.  They just don't want anybody else to.
Like police shoot people how have permits to carry guns...  You get stopped and declare you have a gun and a permit?  You are dead.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Cavebear on June 18, 2017, 06:30:03 AM
Like police shoot people how have permits to carry guns...  You get stopped and declare you have a gun and a permit?  You are dead.
I see you like that myth. A rabid cop hater at AF.org provided the data to show that on any given day in the US you have 1/110,000,000 chances of being killed by a policeman.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on June 18, 2017, 06:56:24 AM
I see you like that myth. A rabid cop hater at AF.org provided the data to show that on any given day in the US you have 1/110,000,000 chances of being killed by a policeman.
The odds don't matter if you are the ONE stopped by a cop who shoots in panic hearing a person stating honestly when questioned that he has a gun even legitimately.  The defense was that the policeman had a right to panic upon hearing there was a gun in the car.

Would the driver have been shot if he was white and looked like a PI?  Really?

No, and that's the rub. 

When black guys get shot for carrying a gun IN STATES WHERE IT IS LEGAL TO CARRY ONE OPENLY or with permits, something is seriously wrong.  And when the police get off for killing a law-abiding citizen, that is wrong.  I want that cop in jail for murder.

And I'm not in favor of every yahoo carrying guns for no good reason. 

I'm a older white guy.  But I'll be damned if I will accept the police acting like they have a 007 license-to-kill!

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on June 18, 2017, 06:56:24 AM

Life is 100% fatal.  I don't fear cops, I have a nephew who is a cop.  But I respect anyone carrying heat.  Including the nice gate guard at work carrying a loaded M-16.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on June 18, 2017, 07:17:05 AM
The odds don't matter if you are the ONE stopped by a cop who shoots in panic hearing a person stating honestly when questioned that he has a gun even legitimately.  The defense was that the policeman had a right to panic upon hearing there was a gun in the car.

Would the driver have been shot if he was white and looked like a PI?  Really?

No, and that's the rub. 

When black guys get shot for carrying a gun IN STATES WHERE IT IS LEGAL TO CARRY ONE OPENLY or with permits, something is seriously wrong.  And when the police get off for killing a law-abiding citizen, that is wrong.  I want that cop in jail for murder.

And I'm not in favor of every yahoo carrying guns for no good reason. 

I'm a older white guy.  But I'll be damned if I will accept the police acting like they have a 007 license-to-kill!

Sorry you are triggered ;-(  All Americans are guilty ... see IRS law.  When I am stopped by the police anywhere, I simply freeze in a relaxed way, do nothing, say nothing.  Panic isn't a good idea, it makes you look guilty (and you are).  And yes, police are imperfect.  Just ask the DoD ... we bomb weddings and hospitals all the time (oops!).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

fencerider

cops are supposed to be guilty until proven innocent... and somehow that has been forgotten and changed into let's all kiss the cops ass.

4th ammendment says that a judge can not give a cop a warrant without some kind of proof you committed a crime. Habeus Corpus says that when you get picked up you have a right to demand the cop prove to the judge that you were involved in a crime.

I've been stopped enough times for no reason to know that they all need to take a chill pill and get off their adrenaline high. Even got stopped 3 times just walking down the street. I am white but so what. I still say fire every last one of those assholes and start over again from scratch with people who are going to earn respect instead of demand it
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Draconic Aiur

Sikhs are still Muslim in my eyes, and all Muslims are a Judah branch which they are cousin to Christianity and therefore shit.

Baruch

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on July 15, 2017, 03:10:27 AM
Sikhs are still Muslim in my eyes, and all Muslims are a Judah branch which they are cousin to Christianity and therefore shit.

Part Hindu also.  Sikhs are a merger between Muslims and Hindus.  Bahai people are also an offshoot of Islam, as are the Druze.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: fencerider on July 15, 2017, 02:21:08 AM
cops are supposed to be guilty until proven innocent... and somehow that has been forgotten and changed into let's all kiss the cops ass.

4th ammendment says that a judge can not give a cop a warrant without some kind of proof you committed a crime. Habeus Corpus says that when you get picked up you have a right to demand the cop prove to the judge that you were involved in a crime.

I've been stopped enough times for no reason to know that they all need to take a chill pill and get off their adrenaline high. Even got stopped 3 times just walking down the street. I am white but so what. I still say fire every last one of those assholes and start over again from scratch with people who are going to earn respect instead of demand it

Unfortunately, the Bill of Rights is suspended for the duration of the war ... which started for the US, before Pearl Harbor ... in 1940.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.