Christian Nomination for Representative of US Government

Started by SGOS, June 09, 2017, 09:20:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

Just another bigot nominated to government post confronted by Bernie Sanders during confirmation hearings.  These guys are kind of fun to watch. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsCMP07nPwc

Unbeliever

I expect the religious right to try their damndest to institute a Christian Dominionist theocracy in the U.S., if they can.

If they do, they'll make me very angry - and they wouldn't like me when I'm angry!
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

SGOS

Quote from: Unbeliever on June 09, 2017, 05:36:37 PM
I expect the religious right to try their damndest to institute a Christian Dominionist theocracy in the U.S., if they can.

If they do, they'll make me very angry - and they wouldn't like me when I'm angry!
Some of our citizens, as much as they say they do, don't like the way the United States the way it is.  Nothing is permanent.  Things can change.

Unbeliever

And I think things are about to change - big time. I just don't yet know the exact nature of the change. Could be for the better - but, being a pessimist, I expect the worst.

I really hope I'm wrong.

God Not Found

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

God Not Found

fencerider

is it scary because he has a Bible? or is it scary cause he looks like your average deranged person from the old people place?
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Mike Cl

Quote from: fencerider on June 09, 2017, 08:23:04 PM
is it scary because he has a Bible? or is it scary cause he looks like your average deranged person from the old people place?
Both.  And it looks like he is pretending to read.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: fencerider on June 09, 2017, 08:23:04 PM

Don't worry, he can't read.  Like Aladdin ... he has people to read his teleprompter for him ... poor Obama had to at least do that much for himself ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

AllPurposeAtheist

Basically he's saying, 'I'm a Christian so nothing I say or do can possibly be wrong.. It's my get out of jail free card.'
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Munch

All the religious groups want to do is make theocracy, since their so manipulated by their leaders they can't imagine a world outside of that boxed in ideology.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

trdsf

Quote from: Unbeliever on June 09, 2017, 07:45:12 PM
This image is scary!
Scary?  Not really.  I doubt he believes any of it, he's just pandering to part of his base.  And with them, it's pretty much enough to wave a bible and occasionally say jay-zus.  He'd be as willing to make the same mouth noises to any other group he thought he could control -- fortunately, once you get outside the Talebangelicals and the latter-day Klansmen and most of the elected GOP, everyone else has at least one thing for which they'll call bullshit on him and won't follow blindly.

There's no doubt in my mind that if American Muslims were as lockstep and wingnutty and numerous as the christian theocrats, Asshole would be just as happy to quote the Koran and call for putting parts of sharia law into the civil code.  He has no principles, no goals, no anything other than the promotion of himself.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Draconic Aiur

Quote from: Unbeliever on June 09, 2017, 05:36:37 PM

Gonna buy a sniper rifle?

Baruch

Quote from: trdsf on June 12, 2017, 12:32:43 PM
Scary?  Not really.  I doubt he believes any of it, he's just pandering to part of his base.  And with them, it's pretty much enough to wave a bible and occasionally say jay-zus.  He'd be as willing to make the same mouth noises to any other group he thought he could control -- fortunately, once you get outside the Talebangelicals and the latter-day Klansmen and most of the elected GOP, everyone else has at least one thing for which they'll call bullshit on him and won't follow blindly.

There's no doubt in my mind that if American Muslims were as lockstep and wingnutty and numerous as the christian theocrats, Asshole would be just as happy to quote the Koran and call for putting parts of sharia law into the civil code.  He has no principles, no goals, no anything other than the promotion of himself.

Sharia is anti-drug, anti-tobacco and anti-alcohol ... don't you remember Prohibition, the War on Drugs, and the current jihad against tobacco smoke?  Sharia is very much in our past, present and future ... just without the turban.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on June 12, 2017, 02:58:47 PM
Gonna buy a sniper rifle?

The whole anti-Trump Russia-phobia thing has been shown to be snipe-hunting.  Do I need a sniper rifle for that? ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.