FBI director questioned by Senate intelligence committee

Started by fencerider, June 08, 2017, 11:27:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fencerider

FBI director was questioned for 2 1/2 hrs be the Senate intelligence committee in open session. He was questioned immediately after in a classified meeting. Steele and Ungar said listen to how he answers if he says I don't know there's nothing there. If he says he can't answer in an open session, he knows something. Judging by the number of times he refused to answer outside of a classified session both Jeff Sessions and Michael Flynn are going to be in trouble.
Trump wasn't yet under investigation when he was fired.... Muller is just starting the investigation of the Trump campaign; no sayin where it will go
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Baruch

Quote from: fencerider on June 08, 2017, 11:27:20 PM
FBI director was questioned for 2 1/2 hrs be the Senate intelligence committee in open session. He was questioned immediately after in a classified meeting. Steele and Ungar said listen to how he answers if he says I don't know there's nothing there. If he says he can't answer in an open session, he knows something. Judging by the number of times he refused to answer outside of a classified session both Jeff Sessions and Michael Flynn are going to be in trouble. Trump wasn't yet under investigation when he was fired.... Muller is just starting the investigation of the Trump campaign; no sayin where it will go

Comey said ... journalist speculate on things that are classified.  Then when the FBI or others say ... they can't say more, that means ... conspiracy theory.  Why is conspiracy theory only a problem when directed against D party, but not against R party?  Didn't Obama as a child, claim to be Muslim, when his Muslim father sent him to Indonesia for education?  Not that I think Obama is religious at all, he is a grifter, money, fame and power are his trinity ... like many others like him.

So, for public consumption, you want all things declassified?  If they did that, not only would our enemies know things we don't want them to know, but the public would then say ... but the real story is ...

Comey didn't say ... Trump is a Russian agent ... you must impeach him.  Too bad, you D folk.  And I really think that Gore had the 2000 election stolen.  But that is just a conspiracy theory.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

AllPurposeAtheist

What isn't a conspiracy theory is that the Republicans have really only one defense of Trump as president and that is that he's merely incompetent and lies to the nation for our own good..
Well,  now that's a ringing endorsement if ever there was one,  eh?
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Baruch

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on June 09, 2017, 04:18:49 AM
What isn't a conspiracy theory is that the Republicans have really only one defense of Trump as president and that is that he's merely incompetent and lies to the nation for our own good..
Well,  now that's a ringing endorsement if ever there was one,  eh?

Why would a D care what an R thinks?  Do either of them think before they spout off, or act?  (not saying that personally to you).  It is like two ex husbands of a beauty queen, staring jealous eyes at each other.  America the beautiful ... if you ignore the politicians that is.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

SGOS

Quote from: fencerider on June 08, 2017, 11:27:20 PM
Muller is just starting the investigation of the Trump campaign; no sayin where it will go
No telling where it will go, but most of these investigations don't lead anywhere.  They do have political consequences, but not usually enough to change anything.  At most someone gets a black eye.  Hillary may have survived without her email investigation, but I couldn't be sure of that.  It will be interesting, and I'll keep an eye open, but I'm not expecting anything dramatic.

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on June 09, 2017, 09:47:27 AM
No telling where it will go, but most of these investigations don't lead anywhere.  They do have political consequences, but not usually enough to change anything.  At most someone gets a black eye.  Hillary may have survived without her email investigation, but I couldn't be sure of that.  It will be interesting, and I'll keep an eye open, but I'm not expecting anything dramatic.

The current standard:  Have an investigation ... so you can create questions about someone, get intimate details ... but don't prosecute, having them as blackmail victims is far more useful ... useful idiots that is.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

SGOS

Quote from: Baruch on June 09, 2017, 12:39:30 PM
The current standard:  Have an investigation ... so you can create questions about someone, get intimate details ... but don't prosecute, having them as blackmail victims is far more useful ... useful idiots that is.
Yeah, outside of the political sphere, they are not very helpful to the public, other than to distract us from how much isn't getting done.

Unbeliever

Quote from: SGOS on June 09, 2017, 01:23:13 PM
Yeah, outside of the political sphere, they are not very helpful to the public, other than to distract us from how much isn't getting done.
Or to distract us from how much is getting done - that we'd never stand for, if we knew about it.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on June 09, 2017, 06:20:22 PM
Or to distract us from how much is getting done - that we'd never stand for, if we knew about it.

Sheeple take a crap when they are scared.  They don't work for us.  Don't worry, at least as lamb chops, you will be both tasty and nutritious, to someone ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Baruch on June 09, 2017, 06:48:27 PM
Sheeple take a crap when they are scared.  They don't work for us.  Don't worry, at least as lamb chops, you will be both tasty and nutritious, to someone ;-)
Yeah - Chthulu...
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

fencerider

how bout this

last night the house passed a law that guts Dodd-Frank. Mr T will be able to fire the director (warren).
banks will get waivers on capital requirements. And investment advisors will no longer be required to do what is in the best interest of the client.
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Baruch

Quote from: fencerider on June 09, 2017, 08:17:40 PM
how bout this

last night the house passed a law that guts Dodd-Frank. Mr T will be able to fire the director (warren).
banks will get waivers on capital requirements. And investment advisors will no longer be required to do what is in the best interest of the client.

Investment advisors have always screwed their clients .. where have you been?  Yes, always watch what Congress is doing when no one is covering them!

There is only one investment advice ... if you have any money to invest, don't try to predict the future ... diversify, diversify and diversify.

Elizabeth Warren sold us out to Hillary ... get rid of her, and Jill Stein too.

Banks have been getting waivers of capital requirements since 2008.  What do you think QE is?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

fencerider

QE is a low and slow bbq of our financial system.

it was illegal for about 5 years for advisors to screw over their clients, but now they will get to do it legally

dont need a crystal ball to predict the future is screwed up

I wonder if Muller will get Comey for anything or if he considers him getting fired enough. I am surprised to hear Trump so angry... maybe he realizes the investigation is one step closer to the truth. Maybe somebody told him the only way to make it go away is to release his tax records and show there is nothing there; but also show he's as broke as a joke

SGOS

I was stunned that Dodd-Frank was thrown out so fast since we are still recovering from the financial meltdown of 2008.  Considering what the banks did to the country, either through unlawful conspiracy or complete incompetence, why would leaders want to give them free license to do the same thing over again?  And even at that, when Dodd-Frank was explained to me, it was described as watered down bank regulations that didn't have the teeth to curb the thoughtless or harmful effects of the banking system in the first place.

Alan Greenspan was supposedly this genius that should have alerted authorities to the activities of the banks.  Of course, no one wants to be alerted during the giddy days of a euphoric financial bubble, so I can understand his reluctance, and his explanation for looking the other way was that he never thought the banks themselves would ever engage in anything so nefarious as selling worthless bonds.  Can a financial regulator that is so brilliant that Wall Street hangs on his every word have such a poor understanding of human behavior that he actually believed his own bullshit?

It's as if Congress wants to return to the giddy euphoria the country was in just days before the collapse, when bankers were blowing cocaine out of their ears and partying at the expense of people with a lot less money to blow than they had..

SGOS

Yeah, it works in both scenarios.  The stuff that isn't getting done is the stuff that isn't stopping the stuff that is getting done.