FBI director questioned by Senate intelligence committee

Started by fencerider, June 08, 2017, 11:27:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: fencerider on June 09, 2017, 11:10:06 PM
QE is a low and slow bbq of our financial system.

it was illegal for about 5 years for advisors to screw over their clients, but now they will get to do it legally

dont need a crystal ball to predict the future is screwed up

I wonder if Muller will get Comey for anything or if he considers him getting fired enough. I am surprised to hear Trump so angry... maybe he realizes the investigation is one step closer to the truth. Maybe somebody told him the only way to make it go away is to release his tax records and show there is nothing there; but also show he's as broke as a joke

Kabuki theater.  If they have anything on Comey, they will blackmail him (as I said earlier in this thread).  Making Comey dress as a furry and do "donkey love" with a male donkey ... while Bill Clinton and Hillary watch ... is much better than Vince Fostering him, or Seth Riching him.

Yes, Trump is broke, but he has access to power, for many years.  That is the way to go.  All Federal dollars, including the ones you and I have, are debt instruments.  Last time I checked, being in debt meant you were broke.  The US has been broke since 1965 - 1971.  As Dick Cheney says ... So!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on June 10, 2017, 07:01:25 AM
I was stunned that Dodd-Frank was thrown out so fast since we are still recovering from the financial meltdown of 2008.  Considering what the banks did to the country, either through unlawful conspiracy or complete incompetence, why would leaders want to give them free license to do the same thing over again?  And even at that, when Dodd-Frank was explained to me, it was described as watered down bank regulations that didn't have the teeth to curb the thoughtless or harmful effects of the banking system in the first place.

Alan Greenspan was supposedly this genius that should have alerted authorities to the activities of the banks.  Of course, no one wants to be alerted during the giddy days of a euphoric financial bubble, so I can understand his reluctance, and his explanation for looking the other way was that he never thought the banks themselves would ever engage in anything so nefarious as selling worthless bonds.  Can a financial regulator that is so brilliant that Wall Street hangs on his every word have such a poor understanding of human behavior that he actually believed his own bullshit?

It's as if Congress wants to return to the giddy euphoria the country was in just days before the collapse, when bankers were blowing cocaine out of their ears and partying at the expense of people with a lot less money to blow than they had..

Greenspan quote ... "Irrational exuberance" ... Greenspan used to be a gold nut and an Ayn Randist.  He is total shit, and will say whatever he is paid to say (same as any other Washington grifter).  Yes, the bankers are doing it again, they just want to be sure not to go to jail ... the elimination of Dod-Frank is clear that they have bad stuff on their books, including white collar crime, same as always.  Banking is what banking does - Forrest Gump.  You will be afraid, very afraid - Yoda.  Right now, they say ... we are at a combination of 1997 (Asia), 2000 (dot com) and 2008 (inflated assets, both real estate and financial instruments).  They can make money going up and going down.  And they control when and how much ... so yes, soon they will make it all go down, on their timing and terms, and make a mint (they run that too, and the Fed).  Do you not know that Goldman-Sachs was a white collar crime outfit involved in the runup to the 1929 crash?  Kabuki, all of it.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

The entire Trump administration is dedicated to the proposition that all rich people should get richer and to hell with the rest.  ObamaCare is being gutted for tax benefits, the environmental regulations are being scrapped for tax benefits, and the banking regulations are being scrapped for tax benefits.  For the wealthiest. 
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on June 18, 2017, 06:35:35 AM
The entire Trump administration is dedicated to the proposition that all rich people should get richer and to hell with the rest.  ObamaCare is being gutted for tax benefits, the environmental regulations are being scrapped for tax benefits, and the banking regulations are being scrapped for tax benefits.  For the wealthiest.

Yes.  So? (Dick Cheney).  Don't like it, then get wealthy yourself, otherwise sour grapes in the lucky sperm game.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

AllPurposeAtheist

The more I think about it the reason congress has opened the flood gates to everyone being able to buy guns is once enough people decide to start open rebellion it gives the military a green light to begin attacking citizens with all their military toys.
There seems to be the notion that we can defeat the military with nothing but small arms. Billy Bub and his buddies with their rifles and handguns would stand no chance against Abrams tanks, F-whatever fighters and hellfire missiles fired from drones from 150,000 feet up could level entire cities in minutes, but your handy AK47 can fend off the best equipped military on earth because... Well.. TV and movies and video games say so..
Somehow I almost expect this scenario to play out once enough people start to realize Trump and his henchmen in congress are hell bent on screwing all of us..it's all a horrible setup..
How's that for your run of the mill conspiracy theory? A complete military takeover of the entire population of the US..

Well, perhaps not..I get just as giddy as the next nut whenever I start going all tin foilish.. lol
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on June 20, 2017, 08:11:11 PM
The more I think about it the reason congress has opened the flood gates to everyone being able to buy guns is once enough people decide to start open rebellion it gives the military a green light to begin attacking citizens with all their military toys.
There seems to be the notion that we can defeat the military with nothing but small arms. Billy Bub and his buddies with their rifles and handguns would stand no chance against Abrams tanks, F-whatever fighters and hellfire missiles fired from drones from 150,000 feet up could level entire cities in minutes, but your handy AK47 can fend off the best equipped military on earth because... Well.. TV and movies and video games say so..
Somehow I almost expect this scenario to play out once enough people start to realize Trump and his henchmen in congress are hell bent on screwing all of us..it's all a horrible setup..
How's that for your run of the mill conspiracy theory? A complete military takeover of the entire population of the US..

Well, perhaps not..I get just as giddy as the next nut whenever I start going all tin foilish.. lol

If the Vietcong can do it, so can we!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on June 20, 2017, 08:11:11 PM

Interesting point.  You can't have a coup de etat with a rebellion first.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on June 23, 2017, 04:01:29 AM
Interesting point.  You can't have a coup de etat with a rebellion first.

Error ... coups come from disgruntled colonels ... not from privates.  Privates create rebellions.  Why don't you just go out and kill Republicans?  Rhetorical question, don't answer, don't do.  Get counseling, if you match the profile of the baseball diamond shooter.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Correction:  I meant "without" a rebellion first.  Sorry.