News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Drumf is anti enviroment

Started by Draconic Aiur, June 01, 2017, 05:40:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Draconic Aiur

1st he wants the EPA to die now he cuts USA from the Paris Climate Agreement.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/01/climate/trump-paris-climate-agreement.html?_r=0
QuoteWASHINGTON â€" President Trump announced Thursday that he will withdraw the United States from participation in the Paris climate accord, weakening global efforts to combat climate change and siding with conservatives who argued that the landmark 2015 agreement was harming the economy.

But he will stick to the withdrawal process laid out in the Paris agreement, which President Barack Obama joined and most of the world has already ratified. That could take nearly four years to complete, meaning a final decision would be up to the American voters in the next presidential election.

Still, Mr. Trump’s decision is a remarkable rebuke to fellow heads-of-state, climate activists, corporate executives and members of the president’s own staff, all of whom failed this week to change Mr. Trump’s mind with an intense, last-minute lobbying blitz.

It makes good on a campaign promise to “cancel” an agreement he repeatedly mocked and derided at rallies, saying it would kill American jobs. As president, he has moved rapidly to reverse Obama-era policies designed to allow the United States to meet its pollution-reduction targets as set under the agreement.

“In order to fulfill my solemn duty to protect America and its citizens, the United States will withdraw from the Paris climate accord but begin negotiations to re-enter either the Paris accord or an entirely new transaction on terms that are fair to the United States,” the president said. “We are getting out. But we will start to negotiate, and we will see if we can make a deal that’s fair. And if we can, that’s great.”

Unbeliever

Quote“In order to fulfill my solemn duty to protect America and its citizens, the United States will withdraw from the Paris climate accord but begin negotiations to re-enter either the Paris accord or an entirely new transaction on terms that are fair to the United States,” the president said.

Why would he do that - negotiate to re-enter the accord or a new one - if climate change is a Chinese hoax anyway?

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on June 01, 2017, 06:06:41 PM

Why would he do that - negotiate to re-enter the accord or a new one - if climate change is a Chinese hoax anyway?

Yes, the Chinese have technology that will allow them to create clean industry ... cough, cough.  The point of that accord, was to send lots of US tax payer money to the Europeans ... after Israel and Egypt take what they want first.  Creative accounting by Bilderbergers, all the way down.  If you don't like CO2 or CO ... stop heating your home and driving your car.  If you want others to stop heating their homes or driving their cars ... molon labe!

Environmentalism is so ... 1970.  I was there, cleaning up the trash around our Jr HS ... on the first Earth Day.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

SGOS

It's a symbolic act meant to appease coal miners.  If Trump thinks global warming is a hoax, he's an idiot.  If he thinks pulling out of the accord is going to help turn the economy around, he's an idiot.  As far as economic growth, the future lies elsewhere, but Trump did make a big deal about saving coal mining jobs during the campaign, and he's following through.  This will no doubt save a hundred coal mining jobs.  Maybe a hundred and fifty. 

I was watching the news at my neighbors yesterday, and Republicans were making a big deal about Trump following through.  The news anchor announced he had pulled out of the Paris accord, and then they showed a clip of a line of Republicans standing in a row on he White House lawn applauding.  It reminded me of something on the Simpsons.   Well at least someone had picked up the trash around the White House, and that's really what environmentalism is all about.

Apparently, the ball of progress rolls on in spite of Trump, and this is what surprises me more than anything.  Many states say they will continue on the path toward mitigating climate change.  California, the world's 7th largest economy, is joining Canada in taking steps to slow the effects of global warming, while Trump builds a presidency on returning to the past.  This is the future, and while people weren't watching, companies have already begun to emerge, and jobs were being created in clean industry.  Well OK, maybe not squeaky clean, but at least not industries that depend on the tax payers to clean up after they pollute.

There really is no great need to return to a past that no longer exists.  We don't need to burn coal anymore than we need to bring back driving around the country in covered wagons.  We move on.  Trump doesn't see it, but things are changing in spite of his resistance, and apparently many states and even many industries are ready to embrace the change without him.

Baruch

Move On?  I feel triggered.  Where is my teddy bear?

This is all politics ... prisoners will not be necessary.  There are plenty of resources, if you kill 7 billion people first ... though the boost in funeral home business will be temporary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ_7br_3y54

There is no reason why the European spaghetti Western should go on and on ...  my bets are on Clint.

The real threat?  Monti Paschi, the oldest and failing-ist bank in Europe, in Italy, doing banking since Shylock's bar mitzva.  The Germans are coming for the Italian gold, so they can sell it to China at a market manipulated discount.  See, Europe needs some gunslingers, not pacifists who embrace ME rape culture.  Maybe next time Clint will let y'all fight it out on your own.  Being gentlemanly is for after you put the baddies into Boot Hill.

If Trump shoves the UN and the EU up their own arses ... then he will have done something.  We can respect fellow gunslingers like Russia and China.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

I don't think it matters to Drump what the climate is or is not doing.  He is going about his self appointed job of paying off his friends, or at least those who support him, namely big oil this time.  It falls into line with the way he rolls.  It's not that he is against the truth, it's that he just doesn't care.  So, for him lying is simply a by-product of his not caring.  What he cares about is loyalty.  If you show him loyalty, he will most likely reward you (if your continued loyalty will mean anything to him) and if you are not loyal he will try and bury you. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

pr126

Baruch wrote:
QuoteThis is all politics ... prisoners will not be necessary.  There are plenty of resources, if you kill 7 billion people first ... though the boost in funeral home business will be temporary.
Now this is the perfect plan for a utopia. Bravo!

Jason Harvestdancer

So does this mean that Trump actively wants a polluted environment and thinks that doing so is good?  Or does it mean he disagrees with policies that you believe are good for the environment?
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

Mike Cl

Quote from: Jason Harvestdancer on June 02, 2017, 09:51:54 AM
So does this mean that Trump actively wants a polluted environment and thinks that doing so is good?  Or does it mean he disagrees with policies that you believe are good for the environment?
I don't think he cares one way or the other.  He is looking at this--as with all other issues--with his own interests at heart.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on June 02, 2017, 08:52:15 AM
I don't think it matters to Drump what the climate is or is not doing.  He is going about his self appointed job of paying off his friends, or at least those who support him, namely big oil this time.  It falls into line with the way he rolls.  It's not that he is against the truth, it's that he just doesn't care.  So, for him lying is simply a by-product of his not caring.  What he cares about is loyalty.  If you show him loyalty, he will most likely reward you (if your continued loyalty will mean anything to him) and if you are not loyal he will try and bury you.

Most human hierarchies are like that.  Failure at loyalty usually gets you a visit from a ninja.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on June 02, 2017, 09:01:48 AM
Baruch wrote:Now this is the perfect plan for a utopia. Bravo!

What funeral home directors consider utopia, might not be good for you ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

pr126

Quote from: Baruch on June 02, 2017, 01:16:54 PM
Me? I am on my way out.
Quote from: Baruch on June 02, 2017, 01:16:54 PM
Hang on a moment. You said something about klling 7 billion people. Funeral home directors will be exempt?
And how do you bury 7 billion corpses?

AllPurposeAtheist

This throws credibility of the US out the window.  No nation in the world can count on the US to stick to any agreement about anything much less on environmental issues.  Nobody can trust a treaty signed by any US president again as Trump has demonstrated that we're willing to lie over even the most petty of issues.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Unbeliever

Quote from: SGOS on June 02, 2017, 06:35:01 AM
Well at least someone had picked up the trash around the White House, and that's really what environmentalism is all about.
Well, for some reason picking up trash somewhere is called "policing the area," which I'm sure suits Chump just fine.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on June 02, 2017, 04:06:36 PM
This throws credibility of the US out the window.  No nation in the world can count on the US to stick to any agreement about anything much less on environmental issues.  Nobody can trust a treaty signed by any US president again as Trump has demonstrated that we're willing to lie over even the most petty of issues.

Amen ... drop all treaties since 1776.  Tell the other folks ... FU.  The USA has been a lie, since 1776.  It would be unfair if other countries held up their side, while others did not.  All nations should drop all treaties, and tell the other folks ... FU.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.