News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Drumf is anti enviroment

Started by Draconic Aiur, June 01, 2017, 05:40:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawdzilla Sama

T.rump isn't anti-environment, he's simply pro-money to the exclusion of all else.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on June 03, 2017, 08:42:11 PM
I am not expecting anyone's trust ... I am surprised anyone our age, could trust anyone ... sounds childish to me.  Haven't you been betrayed enough?
Expect it or not, you have my undying trust!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on June 03, 2017, 09:04:05 PM
T.rump isn't anti-environment, he's simply pro-money to the exclusion of all else.

Obsessive/compulsive people are like that.  We have many compulsions, but this is a tool that can be used for good.  It provides focus and determination.  But yes, any psychological property shouldn't be taken to an extreme.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on June 03, 2017, 09:21:54 PM
Expect it or not, you have my undying trust!

Well ... it is two years since coming here, and I am going to be pulling my punches.  I think my therapy is progressing favorably.  That and returning to synagogue relationship and teaching Hebrew ... while my mother is in her "end game".
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

fencerider

Quote from: Baruch on June 01, 2017, 07:55:44 PM
Yes, the Chinese have technology that will allow them to create clean industry
and they used it too during the Olympics. oversized murals of clean skies... and not allowing reporters away from them

I heard about CA trying to independantly make an agreement with China on the environment. I've also been hearing people call the Paris agreement a treaty. That is dangerous ground for Jerry Brown. It's a violation of the Constitution for any state to make a treaty. I'm surr that Trump has business buddies in CA that would like. him to point out in court that only the U.S. can make treaties. Can't have CA environmentalists cutting into the profits of his friends
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Baruch

Quote from: fencerider on June 05, 2017, 03:26:16 AM
and they used it too during the Olympics. oversized murals of clean skies... and not allowing reporters away from them

I heard about CA trying to independantly make an agreement with China on the environment. I've also been hearing people call the Paris agreement a treaty. That is dangerous ground for Jerry Brown. It's a violation of the Constitution for any state to make a treaty. I'm surr that Trump has business buddies in CA that would like. him to point out in court that only the U.S. can make treaties. Can't have CA environmentalists cutting into the profits of his friends

Cities are nations too ... NYC is trying to make its own foreign policy for years, and two NYC mayor are not letting Gov Brown out do them!  It is like "sanctuary cities" only for Earth First terrorists.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

SGOS

Quote from: fencerider on June 05, 2017, 03:26:16 AM
It's a violation of the Constitution for any state to make a treaty.
Oh, the Constitution.  Who cares about that?  We've been shitting on it for 200 years.

Actually, I'm not sure they are calling the California/Canada agreement a treaty.  It's more just making a point that Trump doesn't have the power to force states to disregard the common good.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Baruch on June 03, 2017, 08:53:37 PM
And a vegetarian.  Watch out for vegetarians!
I don't have a distaste for vegetarians, just vegans.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on June 03, 2017, 09:04:05 PM
This is an important point.

Mike Cl

Quote from: PickelledEggs on June 05, 2017, 11:44:07 AM
This is an important point.
I agree--money is what drives Drump.  And to that end, he likes to reward those who has shown him loyalty and punish those who do not.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on June 05, 2017, 07:31:22 AM
Oh, the Constitution.  Who cares about that?  We've been shitting on it for 200 years.

Actually, I'm not sure they are calling the California/Canada agreement a treaty.  It's more just making a point that Trump doesn't have the power to force states to disregard the common good.

All politicians disregard the common good ... they only take care of themselves and their buddies.  And no, actually since Nov 1963 .. a President doesn't have power to do anything his handlers don't want him to front for.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on June 05, 2017, 11:53:47 AM
I agree--money is what drives Drump.  And to that end, he likes to reward those who has shown him loyalty and punish those who do not.

Just like any other tribal leader.  Would you reward disloyalty and punish loyalty?  Really?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on June 05, 2017, 12:40:10 PM
Just like any other tribal leader.  Would you reward disloyalty and punish loyalty?  Really?
No, not just like any other tribal leader.  Most tribal leaders have some understanding that they have to take care of the tribe to some extent.  He doesn't.  Or, maybe, for him, the tribe is fluid and centers around his family and then those who benefit him and his family; and a pox on anybody else.  And when he goes for revenge, he brags that it 10-fold.  So, if he is a tribal leader he is an very poor one. 

PickelledEggs

It's important, because in order to understand his motives and predict what he will do next, the fact that he is driven almost exclusively by money, is probably the most important thing to wrap your mind around.

This is not to say he will be good at making this country money or not. In the long run, I don't know. As of right now, stocks are up, but that has nothing to do with him. People and consumers drive the stock market, not the president.

Mike Cl

Quote from: PickelledEggs on June 05, 2017, 02:20:46 PM
It's important, because in order to understand his motives and predict what he will do next, the fact that he is driven almost exclusively by money, is probably the most important thing to wrap your mind around.

This is not to say he will be good at making this country money or not. In the long run, I don't know. As of right now, stocks are up, but that has nothing to do with him. People and consumers drive the stock market, not the president.
I don't think he gives about making money for the country--just for his empire.  Period.