News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Trump fired FBI director

Started by fencerider, May 09, 2017, 06:10:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trdsf

Quote from: fencerider on June 06, 2017, 12:05:54 AM
Trump the Tyrant??? haha airhead dumber than Gomer Pile yes, but tyrant?
He certainly is behaving as though he wishes he were one.  He clearly has no concept of checks and balances or government by Constitution -- to say nothing of judicial review and judicial independence.  He has this strange notion that he was anointed god-emperor, not elected via a hole in the Constitution.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

fencerider

I hope you're wrong. a dumb tyrant just as bad as a smart tyrant....

FBI director is supposed to talk to the Senate on Thurs. mabe he shuts Trump down, maybe Trump tries to shut him down
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Baruch

Quote from: fencerider on June 06, 2017, 06:12:05 PM
I hope you're wrong. a dumb tyrant just as bad as a smart tyrant....

FBI director is supposed to talk to the Senate on Thurs. mabe he shuts Trump down, maybe Trump tries to shut him down

Cage fight, with silly putty!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: trdsf on June 06, 2017, 03:35:14 PM
He certainly is behaving as though he wishes he were one.  He clearly has no concept of checks and balances or government by Constitution -- to say nothing of judicial review and judicial independence.  He has this strange notion that he was anointed god-emperor, not elected via a hole in the Constitution.

Like all the other Presidents, starting with Washington?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

You're always talking out of your ass about US presidents, parties and tyranny. Have you got any evidence that Washington, et al, wanted to be tyrants, or do you just like trolling?
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on June 06, 2017, 07:55:32 PM
You're always talking out of your ass about US presidents, parties and tyranny. Have you got any evidence that Washington, et al, wanted to be tyrants, or do you just like trolling?

As an atheist, why are you interested in the Lenin-like Mao-like cult of personality that surrounds American Presidents?  What kind of CIA/KGB psyop are you sir?  Do you know that Washington specifically forbade him image on our money? ... that was one of the few things he wasn't a tyrant about.

The US has been unconstitutionally at war ... since 1950.  Fake news?  Do you believe that since almost all of the people involved in 9/11 were Saudis, that the Saudis had nothing to do with it?  At the very least the US is allied with one of the most regressive regimes on the planet since 1944 ... isn't that tyranny enough?

So are security measures ... not tyranny?  Is freedom too dangerous that we have to stop all civil rights for the duration of this (permanent) emergency?  Isn't the continuing dragnet of all communications a violation of privacy rights, or are you a Nazi?  When a President stops all this shit, going on since 1945 at least ... then I will agree with you, that unicorns shit a rainbow of Skittles out of their asses.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: fencerider on June 06, 2017, 12:05:54 AM
you forgot democratic mass murderer Harry Truman. dropped two atomic bombs on Japan while they were trying to surrender just to show USSR what we could do.

Trump the Tyrant??? haha airhead dumber than Gomer Pile yes, but tyrant?

Trump is not a tyrant.  He might LIKE to be one, but he isn't.  And he is learning that he is not the unchallenged CEO of a private company.  He has other power centers to deal with.  He is not "dumber than Gomer Pyle".  He is MUCH dumber than Gomer Pyle.  He is floundering and there is no sergeant to help him.

Now, as to the atomic bombs...

There were many reasons to use them at the time.  I'll list some that come to mind easily.

1.  The desert tests did not demonstrate the utter destruction they would cause on a city.  The results surpassed expectations.
2.  The Japanese fought to the last man on most islands leading to Japan.  It was logically expected that the mainland invasion would be brutal, costing 100,000 US soldiers.
3.  The Japanese were offerred surrender.  The fanatical elements refused to consider it even though rational people saw the war was over.
4.  After the first Atomic Bomb was dropped on Hiroshima, and the Japanese Government saw the destruction, they refused to surrender.  The several day delay in dropping the second one was for them to see the destruction.  They decided to ignore it.
5.  The second one on Nagasaki was convincing.  Even then, the Japanese military attempted a coup to continue the war.  To the last soldier (and civilian, I might add).
6.  Estimates I have read suggest the Atomic Bombs greatly reduced deaths overall for both sides, compared to a mainland invasion.
7.  Russia only entered the war against Japan after seeing that the US had sufficient force to subdue Japan.  While I completely respect the Russian valor and determination (and severe losses) fighting Hitler, they had little ability to invade Japan.  Russia was doing a "me too" there.
8.  Using a new offensive weapon to defeat an enemy is not a "war crime".  AThe Atomic Bomb was new, but not out of scale of other attacks on cities.  The firestorms at Hamburg and Dresden differed little from the Atomic Bomb lethality at Hiroshima and Nagasaki. 
9.  War is all hell.  The Nazis and Japanese sowed the seeds of their destruction, and they reaped the whirlwinds.
10.  When you try to expand by committing atrocities, you can get the same in return until you surrender.
11.  The Nazis and the Japanese got less penalty than they deserved.  In times past, they would have been downtrodden for a generation or more.  Instead, they were liberated were possible by the West, and accepted into the international community as soon as possible.  Post WWII introduced "democratize and be welcome".  That is not something to be overlooked.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Unbeliever

Quote from: Baruch on June 07, 2017, 01:49:57 AM
As an atheist, why are you interested in the Lenin-like Mao-like cult of personality that surrounds American Presidents?  What kind of CIA/KGB psyop are you sir?  Do you know that Washington specifically forbade him image on our money? ... that was one of the few things he wasn't a tyrant about.

The US has been unconstitutionally at war ... since 1950.  Fake news?  Do you believe that since almost all of the people involved in 9/11 were Saudis, that the Saudis had nothing to do with it?  At the very least the US is allied with one of the most regressive regimes on the planet since 1944 ... isn't that tyranny enough?

So are security measures ... not tyranny?  Is freedom too dangerous that we have to stop all civil rights for the duration of this (permanent) emergency?  Isn't the continuing dragnet of all communications a violation of privacy rights, or are you a Nazi?  When a President stops all this shit, going on since 1945 at least ... then I will agree with you, that unicorns shit a rainbow of Skittles out of their asses.
You keep using that word, "tyranny"...

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on June 07, 2017, 04:51:58 PM
You keep using that word, "tyranny"...

All Gentiles are German?  All Germans are Nazi?  I have yet to be convinced, but keep on trying.  Ancient tyranny technically means one-man rule ... is even Cuba or Venezuela a tyranny?  I think it is a tyranny, if your government runs things so badly that you can't find toilet paper.  If your paper money is the only toilet paper you can find.  And you can achieve that, even with a very equalitarian democracy (Weimar before Hitler).  A democracy can be a tyranny, by the modern definition ... depends on how crappy it is.  Both Weimar and the Hitler regime were tyrannical, though technically only the Hitler regime was.  Tyranny in modern terms happens, when the public is treated as an enemy, by its own government.  This has been true since longer than I have been alive.  Neither R nor D makes any damn difference.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

fencerider

Quote from: Cavebear on June 07, 2017, 02:50:00 AM
2.  The Japanese fought to the last man on most islands leading to Japan.  It was logically expected that the mainland invasion would be brutal, costing 100,000 US soldiers.
3.  The Japanese were offerred surrender.  The fanatical elements refused to consider it even though rational people saw the war was over.
4.  After the first Atomic Bomb was dropped on Hiroshima, and the Japanese Government saw the destruction, they refused to surrender.  The several day delay in dropping the second one was for them to see the destruction.  They decided to ignore it.
5.  The second one on Nagasaki was convincing.  Even then, the Japanese military attempted a coup to continue the war.  To the last soldier (and civilian, I might add).
6.  Estimates I have read suggest the Atomic Bombs greatly reduced deaths overall for both sides, compared to a mainland invasion.
7.  Russia only entered the war against Japan after seeing that the US had sufficient force to subdue Japan.  While I completely respect the Russian valor and determination (and severe losses) fighting Hitler, they had little ability to invade Japan.  Russia was doing a "me too" there.
8.  Using a new offensive weapon to defeat an enemy is not a "war crime".  AThe Atomic Bomb was new, but not out of scale of other attacks on cities.  The firestorms at Hamburg and Dresden differed little from the Atomic Bomb lethality at Hiroshima and Nagasaki. 

I expected such an answer, because it is the common storyline.

According to documentary Oliver Stone The untold history of the United States Japan was trying to surrender months before the bomb was finished. They asked only for the condition that the emperor's life would be spared, and Truman wanted unconditional surrender. When the bomb was finished all of the commanders on the ground; except the one in charge of developing the bomb; were telling Truman that Japan was going to collapse in one or two more weeks. Japan tried to surrender again with the condition of sparing the emperor's life and Truman refused again. In the end because Japanese lives weren't any more valuable than African Americans they dropped the bomb to show Russia what we could do.

A soldier that shoots an enemy soldier that is trying to surrender could be put on trial long before Truman was around. There is no reason why a president can't; especially one as bigotted and xenophobic as Truman. His hatred of Russia was so great it only took him a few months to destroy the relationship that Roosevelt and Stalin spent more than 10 years working to build, and break all the promises made to Russia...after that comes the crap with the CIA and Hoover that Baruch likes so much

I haven't ever looked at the definition of tyranny in the dictionary, but to me it means crimes committed against the people by the government. Whatever definition you want to use, there isn't any argument that the U.S. government of modern times has long exceeded the causes of the Revolution, but by drugging us or stroking our backs or other such nonsense we still accept what is done to us.
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

The Skeletal Atheist

Silly Fence, the definition of tyranny is anything another government does that the US government, especially the republicans, don't agree with...even if, especially if, we do the same thing. Do you even FREEDOM?
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

Baruch

Woulda, Coulda & Shoulda ... that is the problem with "Alternative history".  We could have prevented the Cold War, by joining Hitler (as my own grandfather wanted) in the great crusade against Stalin ... and prevented the Cold War entirely.  General Patton would agree, except he liked killing Germans so much, he wanted them destroyed first, then the Russians ;-)  If that British soldier in WW I, who could have shot the fleeing unarmed Hitler, had done his duty (oh no, shoot an unarmed soldier) ...

Alternative history ... the Japanese get a clue, and decide not to be so damn aggressive?  A much better choice for the 20 million Chinese the Japanese are still guilty of murdering.  I love the Japanese as a people/culture ... their aggressiveness ... not so much.  Some conservative folks still hate Wilson, others hate Lincoln.  So you hate Truman?  We have different hates (in my case, I at least have been alive for the last 12 Administrations ... and I still prefer Ike.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: fencerider on June 09, 2017, 11:57:51 PM
I expected such an answer, because it is the common storyline.

According to documentary Oliver Stone The untold history of the United States Japan was trying to surrender months before the bomb was finished. They asked only for the condition that the emperor's life would be spared, and Truman wanted unconditional surrender. When the bomb was finished all of the commanders on the ground; except the one in charge of developing the bomb; were telling Truman that Japan was going to collapse in one or two more weeks. Japan tried to surrender again with the condition of sparing the emperor's life and Truman refused again. In the end because Japanese lives weren't any more valuable than African Americans they dropped the bomb to show Russia what we could do.

A soldier that shoots an enemy soldier that is trying to surrender could be put on trial long before Truman was around. There is no reason why a president can't; especially one as bigotted and xenophobic as Truman. His hatred of Russia was so great it only took him a few months to destroy the relationship that Roosevelt and Stalin spent more than 10 years working to build, and break all the promises made to Russia...after that comes the crap with the CIA and Hoover that Baruch likes so much

I haven't ever looked at the definition of tyranny in the dictionary, but to me it means crimes committed against the people by the government. Whatever definition you want to use, there isn't any argument that the U.S. government of modern times has long exceeded the causes of the Revolution, but by drugging us or stroking our backs or other such nonsense we still accept what is done to us.

Trusting Oliver Stone is like trusting Fox News...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!