News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Bush in a New Light says Poll

Started by WitchSabrina, June 12, 2013, 09:42:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

Quote from: "Rejak"That said I can't think of any of Bushes policies that Obama has reversed (for a minute I was thinking torture but look what they have done to Bradly Manning)
He did start troop pullouts in Iraq and Afghanistan and reversed the Mexico City Policy and lifted W era restrictions on stem cell research.

However, he has failed to shut down Gitmo (despite a campaign pledge to do so) but at least dropped the term "enemy combatant", and has continued the Patriot Act.

His presidency so far has been sort of a mix between Bush and more moderate Republican positions.

WitchSabrina

Quote from: "Hydra009"
Quote from: "Rejak"That said I can't think of any of Bushes policies that Obama has reversed (for a minute I was thinking torture but look what they have done to Bradly Manning)
He did start troop pullouts in Iraq and Afghanistan and reversed the Mexico City Policy and lifted W era restrictions on stem cell research.

However, he has failed to shut down Gitmo (despite a campaign pledge to do so) but at least dropped the term "enemy combatant", and has continued the Patriot Act.

His presidency so far has been sort of a mix between Bush and more moderate Republican positions.

*tears*   How bad it hurts to say 'wow you're right'.    ugh
I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.

AllPurposeAtheist

As bad as Obama may seem just imagine John McCain and Sarah Palin..  need you think any further? Really?
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Hydra009

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"As bad as Obama may seem just imagine John McCain and Sarah Palin..  need you think any further? Really?
Exactly.  I'll take a moderate Republican presidency over a wingnut presidency any day.

FrankDK

> George Bush viewed favorably?
I don't get it. I don't get it. I do Not get it.

Americans have extraordinarily short memories.

Frank

FrankDK

>  Hitler had the highest numbers after he was elected than any politician. He also had the most votes than any Politician when he got elected.

Not really.  The Nazis never got more than 33% of the vote in a free election.  Once they gained a foot-hold in the parliament, they bullied the aging President von Hindenburg into appointing Hitler Chancellor (he was appointed, not elected).  After that, of course, Hitler did very well in elections, since they were completely rigged.

Frank

aitm

any whitey is a better pres than a niggy......dats what I here'd.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Colanth

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"As bad as Obama may seem just imagine John McCain and Sarah Palin..  need you think any further? Really?
If Barbie McMoose became president we'd all have to STOP thinking - it would be the law.  She wouldn't want people doing something she couldn't do.
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

Nonsensei

I dunno guys. Obama has fucked up pretty badly. At this point if i were given a redo on the 2008 election under the condition that some random citizen was selected to be president I might go for it. I figure ive got a 30% or so chance of getting someone who cares, isnt insane, and isnt easily corrupted.
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you'll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

Colanth

But the alternative was Romney, who didn't give a damn and was born corrupted.
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

Nonsensei

Quote from: "Colanth"But the alternative was Romney, who didn't give a damn and was born corrupted.

At what point does Obama become a worse choice than Romney? If your answer is never then you need to take a step back imo.

Plu

Quote from: "Nonsensei"
Quote from: "Colanth"But the alternative was Romney, who didn't give a damn and was born corrupted.

At what point does Obama become a worse choice than Romney? If your answer is never then you need to take a step back imo.

When he starts introducing mandatory christian upbringing for all citizens or start claiming he believes his underwear has magical powers? :P

WitchSabrina

Obama could never be worse than Romney - I'd bet my life on it.  I still think Obama is a good man.  I think Romney is a crook.  
just my two cents worth
I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.

Hydra009

Quote from: "WitchSabrina"Obama could never be worse than Romney - I'd bet my life on it.  I still think Obama is a good man.  I think Romney is a crook.  
just my two cents worth
+1.  Plus a chilling disregard for the poor.  And at least Obama knows that Iran borders the (wait for it) Persian Gulf.   #-o

Nonsensei

Quote from: "Plu"

When he starts introducing mandatory christian upbringing for all citizens or start claiming he believes his underwear has magical powers? :P

Oh damn. I guess I missed that bullet point on Romney's campaign website.  :roll: