Main Menu

Bush in a New Light says Poll

Started by WitchSabrina, June 12, 2013, 09:42:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WitchSabrina

Whut?
 :shock:  :shock:  :shock:
George Bush viewed favorably?  
I don't get it. I don't get it.  I do Not get it.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/1 ... d%3D327462

QuoteFor the first time since 2005, more Americans now view former President George W. Bush favorably than unfavorably, according to a Gallup poll released Tuesday.

Forty-nine percent have a favorable view of Bush, while 46 percent view him unfavorably, the poll found. His ratings have risen by more than 10 points among both parties since he left office, with 84 percent of Republicans and 24 percent of Democrats now rating him favorably.

At Bush's lowest point, in 2008, just 32 percent of Americans rated him positively, according to Gallup. Like most recent presidents, however, he saw his numbers rise after leaving the White House......

(there's more)
I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.

Jason78

Quotemore Americans now view former President George W. Bush favorably than unfavorably

Because he's gone!
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Solitary

Doesn't mean anything other than people are getting dumber and dumber, Hitler had the highest numbers after he was elected than any politician. He also had the most votes than any Politician when he got elected. But I'm with you---What! You have got to be kidding? Have you ever noticed that crooks and tyrants always have the most friends? Machiavelli was correct, as Bush and his cronies knew full well. People love good liars, they hate the truth. Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

WitchSabrina

Quote from: "Solitary"Doesn't mean anything other than people are getting dumber and dumber, Hitler had the highest numbers after he was elected than any politician. He also had the most votes than any Politician when he got elected. But I'm with you---What! You have got to be kidding? Have you ever noticed that crooks and tyrants always have the most friends? Machiavelli was correct, as Bush and his cronies knew full well. People love good liars, they hate the truth. Solitary

but but........  Hitler wouldn't get HIGH ratings LATER  (?)  
*shakes head*

After all Bush's bullshit come to light - HOW ON EARTH could he EVER be viewed favorably - even by his own party?

Seriously.  Bush?

What?  The?  Fuck?  Could'a knocked me over with a feather when I read the article on AOL.   Good grief.  Bush?
That's like Bernie Madoff getting a favorable rating 5 years later.     Must be that christian forgiveness thang I do not prescribe to.

Plu

QuotePeople love good liars, they hate the truth.

Obviously. Religion wouldn't survive without that trait.

AllPurposeAtheist

Nostalgia is a seductive liar. It was true 1000 years ago and it's true today.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Nonsensei

With Obama's job performance its not so hard to imagine looking upon the Bush II era as the good old days. I had pretty high expectations for Obama and he just flatlined on almost everything I cared about. Guantanamo Bay is still fully operational, we are still fighting a war in Afghanistan, his administration is as opaque as an administration has ever been, theres still like 20 million people in prison for possessing a certain kind of leaf, big brother became an unmitigated reality under his watch, he passed a half baked health care bill which is scheduled to start going into full swing this year and which looks to be so large a disaster that major insurers have completely bailed from the plan, and perhaps worst of all he blew a trillion dollars of our money on an economic recovery that has yet to really happen.

Bush? Yeah he was stupid and I hated the leader of our country being a complete flunk of a public speaker. Nobody likes to see the leader of their country seriously saying things like "misunderestimate" and "axis of evil". Nobody likes to see the leader of their country be unable to recall "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me". There was a major security breach under his watch that resulted in the worst terrorist attack in US history by a long shot, and of course he passed the patriot act and got us into wars we really could have done without.

In my opinion, while very bad, none of those things were a death knell for the country the way the financial and social blunders of the Obama administration have been. Bush fucked up and was totally unsuited for the presidency. Obama knows exactly what he is doing and doesn't seem to care. Its no wonder Bush is becoming more favorably viewed.
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you\'ll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

WitchSabrina

Quote from: "Nonsensei"With Obama's job performance its not so hard to imagine looking upon the Bush II era as the good old days. I had pretty high expectations for Obama and he just flatlined on almost everything I cared about. Guantanamo Bay is still fully operational, we are still fighting a war in Afghanistan, his administration is as opaque as an administration has ever been, theres still like 20 million people in prison for possessing a certain kind of leaf, big brother became an unmitigated reality under his watch, he passed a half baked health care bill which is scheduled to start going into full swing this year and which looks to be so large a disaster that major insurers have completely bailed from the plan, and perhaps worst of all he blew a trillion dollars of our money on an economic recovery that has yet to really happen.

Bush? Yeah he was stupid and I hated the leader of our country being a complete flunk of a public speaker. Nobody likes to see the leader of their country seriously saying things like "misunderestimate" and "axis of evil". Nobody likes to see the leader of their country be unable to recall "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me". There was a major security breach under his watch that resulted in the worst terrorist attack in US history by a long shot, and of course he passed the patriot act and got us into wars we really could have done without.

In my opinion, while very bad, none of those things were a death knell for the country the way the financial and social blunders of the Obama administration have been. Bush fucked up and was totally unsuited for the presidency. Obama knows exactly what he is doing and doesn't seem to care. Its no wonder Bush is becoming more favorably viewed.

Good post.  Not sure I agree with you entirely but can't say I disagree with you either.  You made some good points, man.  :sigh:

Solitary

If you talk to some people, Hitler is the highest rated politician still. And of course they are the brightest bulbs in the universe, along with the red-neck bible-thumping creationist fag haters.  :shock:  :-$   [-X  And it is all about loving God and country, accept for that mulatto Muslim Mephistopheles  president we have. This message is approved by the Tea Party and Fox news. Bill

PS I agree about Obama, but I'm not surprised because I believe we have an oligarchy, and not a country Of the People, For the People, and By the People, But one for the super rich and powerful. Anytime something seems dumb as hell that the government does it involves money. Eisenhower was right in his farewell speech. Bill
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

WitchSabrina

Quote from: "Solitary"If you talk to some people, Hitler is the highest rated politician still. And of course they are the brightest bulbs in the universe, along with the red-neck bible-thumping creationist fag haters.  :shock:  :-$   [-X  And it is all about loving God and country, accept for that mulatto Muslim Mephistopheles  president we have. This message is approved by the Tea Party and Fox news. Bill

Shit.  I forgot all about *that* particular selection of stupid humans.
 :shock:

Hydra009

Quote from: "Nonsensei"Bush? Yeah he was stupid and I hated the leader of our country being a complete flunk of a public speaker. Nobody likes to see the leader of their country seriously saying things like "misunderestimate" and "axis of evil". Nobody likes to see the leader of their country be unable to recall "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me". There was a major security breach under his watch that resulted in the worst terrorist attack in US history by a long shot, and of course he passed the patriot act and got us into wars we really could have done without.
And not just the wars themselves, but how we got there was pretty bad.  And then there was stem cells, Kyoto Protocol (to the point of suppressing the word "global warming"), faith-based initiatives, endorsement of creationism/ID, greatly increased use of "free speech zones", endorsement for ANWR drilling, and torture.  And as far as economics go,  there's the surplus to deficit disaster (and the beginnings of the 2008 economic crisis) under Bush's watch.  Plenty of stuff that goes well beyond just being an idiot and bad public speakering guy.

stromboli

Everybody touts Reagan as such a good president. He was one of the worst. Much of what Bush continued was started by him.
http://www.examiner.com/article/8-reaso ... r-lifetime

Go figure. People are stupid.

Jason78

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"Nostalgia is a seductive liar. It was true 1000 years ago and it's true today.
It was better 1000 years ago.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Jason Harvestdancer

I guess the approval ratings of presidents usually pick up during their 4th term.

Wait, Obama isn't Bush, he only acts like Bush.  Never mind.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

Rejak

QuoteAnd not just the wars themselves, but how we got there was pretty bad. And then there was stem cells, Kyoto Protocol (to the point of suppressing the word "global warming"), faith-based initiatives, endorsement of creationism/ID, greatly increased use of "free speech zones", endorsement for ANWR drilling, and torture. And as far as economics go, there's the surplus to deficit disaster (and the beginnings of the 2008 economic crisis) under Bush's watch. Plenty of stuff that goes well beyond just being an idiot and bad public speaking guy.

This..  Also let's not forget that the laws and the "secret courts with secret evidence and secret rulings" that allow the NSA to spy on everybody were all passed and established during the Bush administration. 2002-2006.
The stimulus bill was pretty much crippled in the house along with the healthcare bill. The republicans seem to prefer the country to fail rather than see Obama succeed. That said I can't think of any of Bushes policies that Obama has reversed (for a minute I was thinking torture but look what they have done to Bradly Manning). All we have in Obama is Bush Lite. Would Romney have been any better? :roll: Come meet the new boss, same as the old boss I pick up my guitar and play just like yesterday still I get on my knees and pray We won't be fooled again!
Elizabeth Warren  and Bernie Sanders for prez and veep