Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

What is Sharia?

Started by pr126, May 30, 2017, 12:55:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

Here it is... again...

Quote from: Shiranu on May 31, 2017, 08:41:19 AM
Leave it to PR to outright lie or bend the truth yet again. Before liking his posts, or even taking them remotely seriously, I strongly urge people to do even a 10 second fact check after reading anything he says. Shit, take a 10 second fact check after reading anything anyone says in regards to politics, religion, or hating one another, including me. This is not the first, the second, the third time that he has to be called on sharing outright lies, and it's time for people to stop having to calling him on his lies and rather for people to look up what he is selling before they buy it, because what he is selling is often unfortunately nothing but misinformation and hatred.

I'll go through your blog's source first, then address the blog, to keep things organized.

A. Check your f***ing sources for once in your life.
-The two outlets "reporting" this story are, "The Daily Caller" (A tabloid) and "The Mainely Media". No other outlet, and no legitimate outlet (legitimate as in recognized as an actual news agency, not legitimate in terms of if I agree with their ideology or not), is reporting this story that has now been out for 6 days. Shit, not even FOX News thinks it's a story.

B. CHECK YOUR F****ING SOURCES FOR ONCE IN YOUR LIFE
-The "Mainely Media" article that is referenced, and which "The Daily Caller" sites as the source for this information, does not appear anywhere on google as an actual establishment, nor is their a link within the article to the site. It for all intents and purposes does not exist in any verifiable way. Forget politics and ideology, lets apply that to anything; science? That shit wouldn't fly. History? That shit wouldn't fly. Selling a car that, "you cant see the car, but trust me this guy I know who is selling it? Great guy. Great car. Just give me the money and it's yours!".

Edit- B2... Jesus Christ, check your Fucking sources.
-The writer of that article was not staff, but rather a reader. That means that he is neither paid to represent them nor contractually obligated to uphold any standard of journalism, assuming tabloids have any such standards (which may be one of the largest assumptions against the odds in my life). Given this and future information in this post, the gut reaction that this guy posted this article because the woman "looked" and sounded Muslim (she is south east Indian most likely) and thus it was "more believable" seems even more likely.
...End edit...

C. There is no public statement from either the ACLU, the ACLU Chapter in Maine, nor from Oamshri Amarasingham opposing the bill

-Checking both the ACLU website and googling Ms. Amarasingham, there is not a single press release or statement from either the organization or her saying the ACLU is opposed to this law. While I was going to break down other issues with this article, I think any rational human being here already sees that there is no reason to do so; the "source" does not exist, the second "source" reporting on it is a tabloid, and neither the ACLU nor the woman in question has made any public statements of the such.

Before I get to the "Jihadwatch" bullshit, I would also like to point out the FGM is, under federal law, a criminal offense with a maximum sentence of 5 years, which I think is too short. So even in this false reality created, the statement that the ACLU is "opposed to banning FGM" is simply bullshit, since they have never made statements opposing the federal ban on the act.

Now, lets get to the really juicy bullshit of "Jihadwatch".

D. FGM is NOT common around the world.
-Contrary to what JW would have you believe, FGM is neither common around the world nor an Islamic practice. Of the 29 countries and 1 region that practice FGM, 27 of them are in the Central African belt (the other 3 being Indonesia, Yemen and Iraqi Kurdistan.[1] Alternatively, that is an estimated 200 million women out of the roughly 3.6 billion women in the world. Either way you slice it, that is not even remotely quantifiable as "common". The rate is also declining as education standards and standards of living increase in this region.

E. Female Genital Mutilation is not Islamic
-Female Genital Mutilation has zero mention with in the Quran, only through the Haddiths which only apply to sects that follow them. (I'm not going to quote the full article as would be required to really give you the impact it deserves, but for those interested in one of these cult-like sects, here is a really interesting read from someone who had it performed because of her Bohra Islam faith [http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2017/04/genital-cutting-indian-doctor-women-khatna]) . Secondly, the regions that practice this act have been practicing it long before Muhammad was even a sperm in his daddies' testies. It would be like calling Halloween or Easter "Christian", except instead of sexy costumes and eggs you get crippling mutilation to a child. They are both technically Christian holidays, but they are simply rebranded pagan beliefs that predate them by hundreds and thousands of years.

---------------------------------
What does this all mean then?
---------------------------------

For one... it means check your fucking sources. This took me all of 20 seconds to learn it was complete bullshit, yet at least one person here lapped it up without one thought of, "I wonder if this is reality." And why does this matter? Munich I assume is a perfectly rational human being who is not going to read this article, and more like it, and think, "You know what, fuck it! I am going to go teach a Muslim a lesson for bringing this shit into my country!".

The problem is people DO read these articles and think that, or think, "I need to share this on facebook NAO!" and thus start a cycle of hatred based on out-right lies. And let's set aside the fact that you are propagating millions of people believing misinformation and normalizing hatred for your own political agendas and the immorality of that, as these people share these lies, less-hinged people begin to soak them up and then start harassing Muslims on trains and trams, start stabbing people for who stand up for them, start going into Sikh places of worship because they "looked" like Muslims and shooting them, start firebombing mosques and vandalizing Muslim houses and businesses.

I strongly urge you pr to take a look in a mirror today and tell me you don't see the reflection of what you hate staring back at you. And if you don't, then I really urge you to at the very least start broadening your sources and fact checking them before you share them. Because like it or not, you are a proponent of a very hateful and very misleading ideology and, to be held to your own standards, are thus even more then a silent accompanist to terrorism.

These are the victims of your ideology you share, pr...

Recent graduate, well respected by everyone. Last words? ""Tell everyone on this train I love them."

23 years in the U.S. Army, Republican who refused to take contributions in his political campaign, father of 4.

The worst part? These aren't even the two latest victims of the ideology you share.

For everyone else, if you are so interested, look at the slogans Christian spewed and his history. It is deeply, deeply disturbing stuff that I refuse to share, but the worst part is how eerily familiar it sounds.

We cannot keep giving in to this hatred. This has to stop.

[1] - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Female_genital_mutilation (under prevalence)
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Hijiri Byakuren

Having any luck getting those EVIL MOOSLAMS out from under your bed, PR?
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

pr126

My post #7 is not a lie, it is an onservation, and an opinion:

QuoteIslam relies on people's ignorance about their ideology.
I do not say faith because it is more of a totalitarian political system than a religious one.

The religious aspect of it is there to command unquestioning obedience.

Let's not forget all the non Muslims in governmental institutions, the academia, the media, whom are defending and promoting Islam all over the western world.

Case in point: ACLU opposes Maine bill criminalizing female genital mutilation

Feel free to refute any of it point by point.

pr126

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on June 01, 2017, 11:21:29 PM
Having any luck getting those EVIL MOOSLAMS out from under your bed, PR?
Tragic, isn't it. That's islamophobia for you.
There is hope I think. I am getting treatment.

pr126

@ Shiranu

Checking my sources:

1: FGM is Islamic: 

Islamic Law on Female Circumcision

Quote4.3    Circumcision is obligatory (O: for both men and women. For men it consists of removing the prepuce from the penis, and for women, removing the prepuce (Ar. Bazr) of the clitoris (n: not the clitoris itself, as some mistakenly assert). (A: Hanbalis hold that circumcision of women is not obligatory but sunna, while Hanafis consider it a mere courtesy to the husband.)"

The Arabic word bazr does not mean "prepuce of the clitoris", it means the clitoris itself (cf. the entry in the Arabic-English Dictionary). The deceptive translation by Nuh Hah Mim Keller, made for Western consumption, obscures the Shafi’i law, given by ‘Umdat al-Salik, that circumcision of girls by excision of the clitoris is mandatory. This particular form of female circumcision is widely practiced in Egypt, where the Shafi’i school of Sunni law is followed.

2: FGM is widespread from Morocco to the Fillipines. 

Don't believe everything your Muslim friends tell you.
They are obligated to lie to the unbeliever to defend Islam. It is called takiyya

When checking sources, ALWAYS check the Muslim sources, Quran, Hadiths, Sirat, Sharia Laws.

QuoteFor one... it means check your fucking sources. This took me all of 20 seconds to learn it was complete bullshit, yet at least one person here lapped it up without one thought of, "I wonder if this is reality." And why does this matter?
All of 20 seconds to find misinformation.

As I have said in my post #7:  Islam relies on people's ignorance about their ideology.
Easy job when people prefer to stay ignorant.

All the Muslim texts are available on the net, if one could be bothered. Or remotely interested.
Muslims rely on it that you rather didn't.

Shiranu, ease off with your ad hominems. Your animosity is getting the better of you.

Munch

I feel like people need to be reminded of this, after all this is an atheist forum, so often we've criticized other religions for their practices and beliefs, like Christianity or lesser wide spread cults, how their indoctrinating and people who believe in them ate followers of make believe and some are just deplorable.

Yet when Islam comes into it, there seems to be a stance here were some of us regard criticism of Islam to be racist. Perhaps that stems from the fact that Islam is so heavily and fundamentally engrained in the society of people from the middle east that any criticism of their faith is like making criticism of their skintone.

Seriously, try and separate the religion from the people and maybe your not be wanting to regard people like PR so harshly. And yes, even moderate Muslims are still just as indoctrinated by said cult. And no, it isn't racist to call out Islam for being a disgusting set of beliefs and theocracy
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

pr126

Unfortunately it is very difficult to separate people from their religions.
Without people there are no religions / ideologies / cults.

But there are ideologies that are destructive to society. Islam is one of those.

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on June 02, 2017, 05:30:30 AM
I feel like people need to be reminded of this, after all this is an atheist forum, so often we've criticized other religions for their practices and beliefs, like Christianity or lesser wide spread cults, how their indoctrinating and people who believe in them ate followers of make believe and some are just deplorable.

Yet when Islam comes into it, there seems to be a stance here were some of us regard criticism of Islam to be racist. Perhaps that stems from the fact that Islam is so heavily and fundamentally engrained in the society of people from the middle east that any criticism of their faith is like making criticism of their skintone.

Seriously, try and separate the religion from the people and maybe your not be wanting to regard people like PR so harshly. And yes, even moderate Muslims are still just as indoctrinated by said cult. And no, it isn't racist to call out Islam for being a disgusting set of beliefs and theocracy

SJW aka Cultural Marxism aka Leftists ... want to destroy society, particularly Western society.  So of course they are OK with Muslim terrorism, even if they aren't OK with Islam.  They have a perfect ideal, that requires destruction of all existing human relationships (which are shitty).  Like curing a sick person by killing them.  Destroy parenting, destroy marriage (no, gays aren't a part of this, they also want stable supporting relationships), destroy religious, political and business institutions.  Ultimately like ISIS, it will be necessary to destroy all culture, like destroying archeological items and sites and paintings, music, statues etc.  People need to realize that Rousseau was an evil POS ... Lenin was just copying him.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

QuoteMy post #7 is not a lie...

Holy fuck, you are actually illiterate.

QuoteAll of 20 seconds to find misinformation.

Without actually posting any sources. I can do that to.

Quote"Pr likes to sleep with Muslim boys."

Well, I just quoted it, so it must be true.

QuoteYet when Islam comes into it, there seems to be a stance here were some of us regard criticism of Islam to be racist.

No scheisskopf, it's when people share articles that have literally ZERO reality to them and then refuse to take an iota of responsibility for it when they are called on it that you and one or two other people pull this game of, "Suddenly we are illiterate and have the mental capacity of a three year old!" and then start insinuating that everyone disagrees with you because they are brainwashed, idiot facists. That is what happens.

Get the fuck out of here with, "Hur dur, when Christianity..." ... do you think if any fucking topic was brought up where there were zero sources linked, no one would call them on that?

The fuck is wrong with you two?
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

pr126

Quote from: Shiranu on June 02, 2017, 09:47:06 AM
Holy fuck, you are actually illiterate.

Without actually posting any sources. I can do that to.

Well, I just quoted it, so it must be true.

No scheisskopf, it's when people share articles that have literally ZERO reality to them and then refuse to take an iota of responsibility for it when they are called on it that you and one or two other people pull this game of, "Suddenly we are illiterate and have the mental capacity of a three year old!" and then start insinuating that everyone disagrees with you because they are brainwashed, idiot facists. That is what happens.

Get the fuck out of here with, "Hur dur, when Christianity..." ... do you think if any fucking topic was brought up where there were zero sources linked, no one would call them on that?

The fuck is wrong with you two?

You are taking yourself to seriously.
Take anvalium to calm you down.

Again, slow down with the ad hominems.

BTW, it is only you who is throwing a tantrum here. Why is that?

Shiranu

Maybe because I'm the only trying to hold a serious conversation about someone chronically spewing lies to stir fear and hatred, and being met with arguments fit for a toddler.

Assuming you see this post and don't have elective illiteracy again, you might be able to see why that would be so frustrating.

Also, only one of those was an ad hom, the rest were just insults with no actual bearing to the article and just simple vents of annoyance.

pr126

Quote from: Shiranu on June 02, 2017, 10:53:03 AM
Maybe because I'm the only trying to hold a serious conversation about someone chronically spewing lies to stir fear and hatred, and being met with arguments fit for a toddler.

Assuming you see this post and don't have elective illiteracy again, you might be able to see why that would be so frustrating.

Also, only one of those was an ad hom, the rest were just insults with no actual bearing to the article and just simple vents of annoyance.
I think you should take a couple of days off. To cool down.

So what do you think about FGM not being islamic?

The Sharia says yes, it is islamic. I did provide a link.
And that FGM is all over the planet where ever Muslims live.

The problem is that you are dismissing a lot of information as lies, because they contradict your preconcieved ideas.
That is closed mindednes and willful ignorance.
No way to win an argument.

The last person to ask about Islam is a Muslim.
Think about that.

Shiranu

QuoteThe problem is that you are dismissing a lot of information as lies, because they contradict your preconcieved ideas.

No, my problem is I am dismissing information that contradicts what actual research says, and you can't accept that.

My problem is that people here buy articles like you posted about Islam, about Christians, about republicans, about democrats without spending 10 second to see if they even ever happened.

My problem is this stupidity has real, tangible consequences that no one wants to take responsibility for.

Baruch

But Real News (TM) comes from shitty academics (agents of the State), advertising by corporations (we know they have your good at heart) or propaganda by the State (reeee).  I am starting to admire the Kekistanis.  When I was a little boy, I had a toy rubber frog, who I called "froggy".  Little did I know it was an ancient holy relic from Kekistan ;-))

ܐܠܠ ܗܐܝܠ ܟܥܟܝܣܛܐܢ
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.