News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

What is Sharia?

Started by pr126, May 30, 2017, 12:55:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

It would be best if adherents to various religions broke free of the tyranny of the fanatics, but that is a lot easier in nations with democratic laws and habits.  So what would YOU do in a theocracy when your family's lives were threatened.  Go all Rambo and get them all killed (or worse) or settle in to keep them alive?

You KNOW the answer...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on July 14, 2017, 01:06:12 PM
It would be best if adherents to various religions broke free of the tyranny of the fanatics, but that is a lot easier in nations with democratic laws and habits.  So what would YOU do in a theocracy when your family's lives were threatened.  Go all Rambo and get them all killed (or worse) or settle in to keep them alive?

You KNOW the answer...

Per Camus, isn't the only reasonable way to deal with the absurdity of human existence ... suicide?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Munch

Quote from: Baruch on July 14, 2017, 12:58:20 PM
Same as civil law ... the law is blind .. .the law is an ass ... are some to the things lawyers say about their own profession.

Sharia is Sunni, there are four schools of law, and the most extreme sect of the most extreme school ... is Salafism.  Basically, since Muhammad didn't drive a car to work, all cars are verboten.  Idolatry of what may well be a make believe person (Muhammad created from the Quran according to some scholars).  Jews do the same thing with Moses, Christians with Jesus, or Paul or Constantine.

Way I see these different secs of Islam I think of in the same way as the different mafia groups around the world. They all operate in their own way, but the idea is pretty much the same concept
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin