More deaths in the name of religion

Started by trdsf, May 27, 2017, 03:21:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on May 30, 2017, 07:37:41 PM
I seriously doubt that the first government organized terror happened as recently as the American Revolution. I mean, there's a hell of a lot of history you're disregarding to make such a claim.

The first by my government ... read between the lines, please.  Early terrorism is the (fictional) claim that the Pharaoh had Semite male babies killed.  Earlier than that, was Sargon, king of Akkad, who liked lots of S&M.  You counted dead enemies by counting up their severed penises.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

fencerider

Quote from: FaithIsFilth on May 29, 2017, 07:19:42 PM
You can go move to some shitty Middle Eastern country if you don't like free speech.
I see you support the very liberal definition of the first ammendment. I agree only with the reason d'etre of the first ammendment. protection of repurcussion when speaking out against what you perceive as a wrong doing of the government. As such most of what Bradley Manning and Erik Snowden did, was what the first ammendment was created for.

You can not however tell your younger brother or your fans to go hit somebody and not expect to be held accountable if they do. Donald Trump said a lot of things about getting muslims out of the U.S., and keeping muslims out, and that the U.S. is a Christian only nation.

Free speech does not give you permission to denigrate sacred objects of some one else's religion. Free speech doesnt give you permission to play act killing a police officer or a politician. What you are argueing for is not a nation with liberty what you are argueing for is anarchy. The founders did not fight for anarchy nor did they fight for any one to disrespect others
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Baruch

"Free speech does not give you permission to denigrate sacred objects of some one else's religion." ... but that is what this site is all about, that and political self stimulation.  But I agree, pissing on people, figuratively or literally, is a good way to get a fist sandwich.  None of us are holy rollers ... are you?  You seem to support the protection of "sacred cows" and the PC of "shibboleths".

The Brights mocking the Dims ... but who is who?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

Quote from: FaithIsFilth on May 30, 2017, 11:35:01 AM
I don't see people as truly free if they aren't allowed to speak their minds.

You're free to move to some shitty anarchist state then?
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Cavebear

Quote from: fencerider on May 31, 2017, 02:25:20 AM
Free speech does not give you permission to denigrate sacred objects of some one else's religion.

Actually, yes it does.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

FaithIsFilth

Quote from: Cavebear on May 31, 2017, 10:58:17 AM
Actually, yes it does.
Yep. What he posted doesn't make any sense. "Thank God for dead soldiers" is free speech. "All niggers/ Muzzies/ whatever should be deported" is free speech. A celeb holding an artistic decapitated head of Trump is free speech and makes me go "meh". Hell, you can praise ISIS and as long as you're careful, that is free speech. Someone made a thread a little while ago with an American professor saying that white people should have the right to vote taken from them, and that whites who complain about it should be arrested for complaining. That is free speech. What did Trump actually say about Muslims that would/ should not be considered free speech? Trump said that some non-Americans should not be brought into the country. OK. He's talking about non-Americans there... Shitting on Islam? If Chris Hitchens were still alive, should we charge him with hate speech too? In that case, much of this forum would probably have to be charged as well to remain consistent.

What Trump said was fucked up, I agree. If it wasn't for his rhetoric, you probably wouldn't have seen the slight uptick in bigotry and hate crimes. I dislike what Trump has said about Muslims just as much as others do, but you don't do away with free speech because a couple people die or because someone walks into a pizza shop with a gun to investigate. That's called being a pussy. How many Americans have died in wars, etc. and look at all the millions of lives of others around the world that they've had to take in war to give you/ keep that right to free speech. I can guarantee you, my pile of dead bodies beats your pile of dead bodies.

FaithIsFilth

Quote from: fencerider on May 31, 2017, 02:25:20 AM
Donald Trump said a lot of things about getting muslims out of the U.S., and keeping muslims out, and that the U.S. is a Christian only nation.
Like what? I don't remember anything about getting Muslims out of the US. I think you just made that up. When did he call the US a Christian only nation, because I seriously doubt he said that when his own daughter is Jewish.

Baruch

Quote from: FaithIsFilth on May 31, 2017, 01:14:28 PM
Like what? I don't remember anything about getting Muslims out of the US. I think you just made that up. When did he call the US a Christian only nation, because I seriously doubt he said that when his own daughter is Jewish.

Other Republicans (particular 700 club folks) have said as much.  But all Republicans are Trump, and all Trumps are Republicans, and gun toting Neanderthal good-old-boys.  Not a prissy Leftist among them ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: FaithIsFilth on May 31, 2017, 01:14:28 PM

"Donald Trump in an interview Friday Sat, Jun 11th, 2016 at 7:55 am, America is a Judeo-Christian nation. Why? Silly question: Because “that’s the way it is.”
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!