More deaths in the name of religion

Started by trdsf, May 27, 2017, 03:21:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trdsf

A bigot on a train in Portland was screaming anti-Islamic abuse at two women, one of whom was wearing a head scarf.  Two men got up to confront him.  The racist -- with the ironic surname 'Christian' -- stabbed them both to death.

Your deplorables are listening to you, Asshole.  Unfortunately.

Also, why is he not being referred to as a 'Christian extremist terrorist'?  Because if he'd been a Muslim screaming abuse at two teen girls wearing crosses, we all know he would be.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

fencerider

Trump should be held responsible for inciting violence. Oh wait this is the United States justice is dead
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Baruch

Quote from: fencerider on May 28, 2017, 12:19:25 AM
Trump should be held responsible for inciting violence. Oh wait this is the United States justice is dead

The US is violence incarnate ... arrest the whole country.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

http://resistancereport.com/news/white-terrorists-killed-more-this-week/

This pushed the number of people killed in white hate crimes this week above the number of people killed by refugees in the last 40 (when 3 people were killed by Cuban refugees).

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/u-s-hate-crimes-20-percent-2016-fueled-election-campaign-n733306

https://thinkprogress.org/thinkprogress-has-been-tracking-hate-since-trumps-election-here-s-what-we-found-e0288ed69869

The number of hate crimes, many of them violent crimes, targeting the weaker in society has increased by 20% since Trump was inaugurated, and over 1/3rd of them were done in Trump's name. Even conservative estimates put that number in the hundreds since the election.

Where are the people talking about this violent, racist, sexist white ideology? Why do we not have more people telling us to fear that heterosexual white man because he belongs to a group that, quite often, hold violent and bigoted ideological views (even if they are not violent themselves) and live in a culture that perpetuates violence and bigotry?

Oh, right, that would be stupid. That standard we hold blacks, Muslims, gays, women... suddenly starts to look really moronic when we apply it to ourselves. Funny how that works.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hydra009

Getting back at the terrorists by murdering civilians.  That'll teach 'em.

FaithIsFilth

You can go move to some shitty Middle Eastern country if you don't like free speech.

Mike Cl

Quote from: FaithIsFilth on May 29, 2017, 07:19:42 PM
You can go move to some shitty Middle Eastern country if you don't like free speech.
Why is 'free speech' considered to be free of responsibility?  It never has been.  You may be free to holler fire in a theater, but you will not be free of the legal responsibility to do so.  I am 'free' to say many things.  But my hearers are also free to return the favor.  'Hate speech' is not free speech.  It is illegal.  I love free speech--and despise hate speech.  Trump engages in hate speech--but gets away with it.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on May 29, 2017, 09:31:18 PM
Why is 'free speech' considered to be free of responsibility?  It never has been.  You may be free to holler fire in a theater, but you will not be free of the legal responsibility to do so.  I am 'free' to say many things.  But my hearers are also free to return the favor.  'Hate speech' is not free speech.  It is illegal.  I love free speech--and despise hate speech.  Trump engages in hate speech--but gets away with it.

If you are sensitive millennial, then a fart in your general direction is hate speech.  France is much more clearly defined as to hate speech.  The woman mayor of Paris is trying to ban a rally, that only allows Black people to go.  Segregation is hate-association.  Just because you hate Republicans, doesn't make what they say ... hate speech, otherwise, I think we can arrest a whole lot of both Republicans and Democrats, since I hate both of them.  See ... hating isn't hate speech, only if you say something about it.  Or you can come arrest me for thought crime ... but then all the atheists can be arrested for that.  Don't throw stones in glass house alley.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

pr126

Don't forget G W Bush!

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on May 30, 2017, 04:42:46 AM
Don't forget G W Bush!

And don't forget Bill Clinton (worse WH boss since Kennedy) and Barak Obama (using GCHQ to spy on political opponents).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

SGOS

This thread is  about a crazy asshole fatally knifing two victims.  The subtext is that he was a radical bigot, and below that is the philosophical issue of free speech.  Keep in mind that Mr. Christian was the attacker here.  His two victims were exercising their free speech by telling him to stop being an asshole in public.  Mr. Christian was also engaging in free speech by yelling slurs at innocent women of a misguided faith, although it's harder to make the case that Christian was engaging in free speech since he combined murder with his speech.

SGOS

And somehow we are now blaming Bill Clinton, which is fine because free speech technically includes irrelevant speech along with wild and reaching exaggeration.  And those are not against the law either.  I think we should put our foot down once and for all.  Just make being illogical a crime, and be done with all of this shit.

chill98

Quote from: trdsf on May 27, 2017, 03:21:51 PM
A bigot on a train in Portland was screaming anti-Islamic abuse at two women, one of whom was wearing a head scarf.  Two men got up to confront him.  The racist -- with the ironic surname 'Christian' -- stabbed them both to death.
Seems to be true.

Quote from: trdsf
Your deplorables are listening to you, Asshole.  Unfortunately.

"According to his posts, he was a passionate Bernie Sanders supporter who later supported, but did not vote for, President Trump. He frequently posted violent threats against Hillary Clinton and her supporters."

https://www.buzzfeed.com/juliareinstein/portland-suspect?utm_term=.bgwy3RL8A#.pa44GrYRk

While not a big fan of buzzfeed, they have screenshots of this guys facebook posts.  Many people do not accept that significant numbers of democrat voters hated Clinton so much, they stayed home. Others, much to some peoples dismay, voted for Trump as the lesser of two evils in november.  Point being, your connection to Trump seems very weak.

Quote from: trdsf
Also, why is he not being referred to as a 'Christian extremist terrorist'?  Because if he'd been a Muslim screaming abuse at two teen girls wearing crosses, we all know he would be.

Probably because there is no evidence he is a christian other than surname association.  Again, refer to the above buzzfeed link and one will see his appeal to All the Gods in an April 19th post.  While pure speculation on my part, I would guess William Ernest Henley, were he still alive, would not approve of his poem being cited in reference to the Oklahoma bombing event.