Islam: The Ideology of the constantly "misunderstood".

Started by pr126, May 27, 2017, 10:26:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on July 18, 2017, 10:28:53 AM
true its not classed as a religion, but lets face the fact it might as well be given how it can turn perfectly rational human beings into hate mongering zealots, like Islam or Christianity can.

If you think that G-d approves of your worst tendencies, it is hard to not go with it.

And no, there is no peace, religion or no religion.  Violent apes are like that.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on November 06, 2017, 06:58:36 AM
If you think that G-d approves of your worst tendencies, it is hard to not go with it.

And no, there is no peace, religion or no religion.  Violent apes are like that.

You like to harp on "violent apes" a lot.   I think you might be missing a degree of self awareness.

For good or ill, humans have something our related apes don't.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on November 07, 2017, 03:16:10 AM
You like to harp on "violent apes" a lot.   I think you might be missing a degree of self awareness.

For good or ill, humans have something our related apes don't.

Mark Twain says ... that apes, unlike us, have shame ... aka humans are the only species that blushes or needs to.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on November 07, 2017, 06:23:26 AM
Mark Twain says ... that apes, unlike us, have shame ... aka humans are the only species that blushes or needs to.

Twain never let facts stand in his way.  He had it quite backwards in a literal sense.  But knowing his talent for sarcasm, he might have known that we are the only blushing apes.

The other great apes do NOT blush and have no sense of shame.  They would kill their own mother for a grape.

Beware of depending on creative (shameless) fabulists like Twain for your facts...

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on November 07, 2017, 06:29:45 AM
Twain never let facts stand in his way.  He had it quite backwards in a literal sense.  But knowing his talent for sarcasm, he might have known that we are the only blushing apes.

The other great apes do NOT blush and have no sense of shame.  They would kill their own mother for a grape.

Beware of depending on creative (shameless) fabulists like Twain for your facts...

As a theist, I am a shameless fabulist ;-)  But I bow to the master, Mr Clemens.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on November 07, 2017, 06:32:05 AM
As a theist, I am a shameless fabulist ;-)  But I bow to the master, Mr Clemens.

I fully understand the fabulism of theists.  And their subsequent admiration for the writings of Mr Clemens.  But keep in mind he said "Stripping away the irrational, the illogical, and the impossible, I am left with atheism. I can live with that."

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on November 07, 2017, 09:28:38 AM
I fully understand the fabulism of theists.  And their subsequent admiration for the writings of Mr Clemens.  But keep in mind he said "Stripping away the irrational, the illogical, and the impossible, I am left with atheism. I can live with that."

Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler. = Einstein.  Just don't go full retard into nihilism like some claim here.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on November 07, 2017, 01:18:19 PM
Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler. = Einstein.  Just don't go full retard into nihilism like some claim here.

Of all the things I might be, "nihilist" is not one of them.  I value life.  I value living.  I love my cats and miss them and weep when they die.  I'm a "softie".  I leave nihilism to the drudgy goths...