Islam: The Ideology of the constantly "misunderstood".

Started by pr126, May 27, 2017, 10:26:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

When will the intelligence services, that run all Western governments as their bitches, stop using Wilson's War as their main strategy, against all enemies, foreign and domestic?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on May 27, 2017, 12:37:31 PM
Muslims are Nazis...

Reaching new lows.

The Turks and Palestinians are frequent German allies.  Hence the understandable confusion.  Actually Muslims are far more disturbing ... though Arab Muslims are very much into master race theory, even toward other Muslims.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

The Japanese used to complain that the "Imperialist nations" failed to "understand our true intentions" before Pearl Harbor. Problem was that we DID understand them.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on May 27, 2017, 02:00:31 PM
The Japanese used to complain that the "Imperialist nations" failed to "understand our true intentions" before Pearl Harbor. Problem was that we DID understand them.

Wrong section but good recent study: Operation Olympic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2NZVQzfAbo
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Judaism has always been a been restrictive.  You have to prove you are one.

Christianity was more open.  You said you liked the idea, followed some rituals, you were one.

Islam has been more aggressive.  It started spreading at swordpoint through the Middle East, spread by swordpoint across North Africa, moved into Spain at swordpoint, moved into Eastern Europe at swordpoint.  The Eastern Europeans fought bloody battles losing to the Islamists.  Christians wanting Spain and the Balkans back became militant and organized.

Islam is not, and has never been, a peaceful religion.  Neither have the Christians been since the Islamist attacks.  The Islamists created the Christian Crusaders and the Islamists fanatics went against them again.

Both sides became crazed lunatics then and are crazy lunatics to this day.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Munch

Quote from: Shiranu on May 27, 2017, 12:37:31 PM
Muslims are Nazis...

Reaching new lows.

Why aren't you able to separate the religion from the person when it comes to Islam? The video is saying Islam, but seems even saying that, you think it's saying all brown people are Nazis. Lost the point entirely
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Cavebear

Quote from: Munch on July 18, 2017, 05:03:09 AM
Why aren't you able to separate the religion from the person when it comes to Islam? The video is saying Islam, but seems even saying that, you think it's saying all brown people are Nazis. Lost the point entirely

I think the point is that theists not only can't separate the religion from ethnicity sometimes, but can't conceive of the idea of all humans not themselves are worthy of heretical existence in the ideals of their deity or deities.

It would be a HUGE step for such people to get the idea that all other humans deserve to live as respected individuals.

Munch

Quote from: Cavebear on July 18, 2017, 05:17:07 AM
I think the point is that theists not only can't separate the religion from ethnicity sometimes, but can't conceive of the idea of all humans not themselves are worthy of heretical existence in the ideals of their deity or deities.

It would be a HUGE step for such people to get the idea that all other humans deserve to live as respected individuals.

Well anyone here who broke away from the religion they were raised to believe is part of themselves knows that's crap, it's an ideology that you can break from with the right mind for it. We can't break from our sexuality, skin colour, or even nationality without some serious methods, but religion is just an indoctrinated mindset we break from with education and realization.
This is why I will never see a person's faith as being truly part of themselves, because we've seen that people can grow up and evolve from believing such nonsense into something better.

This is why when a person gets offended when you insult a faith group like your insulting their very humanity, I don't ever see it that way, your merely calling what they believe as bad, not them as people.

Cavebear

I agree completely it is the belief (almost any belief) that is bad, not the person.  But when one seems dedicated to a belief, I have to question that person eventually.

Munch

Quote from: Cavebear on July 18, 2017, 06:15:03 AM
I agree completely it is the belief (almost any belief) that is bad, not the person.  But when one seems dedicated to a belief, I have to question that person eventually.

to me I'm always going to count is as a psychological condition that can be fixed and the person made to realize they're more then what its followers tells them they are. So yes, counting a faith in the same pool as nazism is pretty appropriate

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on July 18, 2017, 06:59:37 AM
to me I'm always going to count is as a psychological condition that can be fixed and the person made to realize they're more then what its followers tells them they are. So yes, counting a faith in the same pool as nazism is pretty appropriate

Right .. Nazism might not be a religion, but most religion is an ideology.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

Quote from: Baruch on July 18, 2017, 07:04:42 AM
Right .. Nazism might not be a religion, but most religion is an ideology.

true its not classed as a religion, but lets face the fact it might as well be given how it can turn perfectly rational human beings into hate mongering zealots, like Islam or Christianity can.

Cavebear

"Like being a Republican?", Tom asked politically...