From Syrian Refugee to German Wunderkid

Started by Shiranu, May 27, 2017, 05:43:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

I mostly share this because living in Trump-era America, it's beautiful to see that there still exist places that behave like rational human beings instead of some sitcom-esque reality T.V. series characters.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Even Stephan Molyneux would be in favor of letting in immigrants who have a high IQ.  In fact, he would have us all administered IQ tests, and de-citizen and deport anyone who scored less than average (paradox alert).

On the other hand ... one could say that Hitler and Stalin had higher than average intelligence ... so this isn't necessarily a good thing.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

SGOS

I doubt that Hitler was intelligent.  Although, I might feel differently if he would not have grown such a doofus mustache.  But it's hard to look at that mustache and take him for an intelligent person.  OK, maybe that's just eccentric.  Apparently, the Germans wanted a funny looking eccentric leader, someone who would get rid of the Jews, and herd people into gas chambers.  Something was wrong with Germany back then.  Maybe it was a genetically caused defect.  I hope that has been bred out now, or they might have to be exterminated.

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on May 27, 2017, 05:56:14 AM
I doubt that Hitler was intelligent.  Although, I might feel differently if he would not have grown such a doofus mustache.  But it's hard to look at that mustache and take him for an intelligent person.  OK, maybe that's just eccentric.  Apparently, the Germans wanted a funny looking eccentric leader, someone who would get rid of the Jews, and herd people into gas chambers.  Something was wrong with Germany back then.  Maybe it was a genetically caused defect.  I hope that has been bred out now, or they might have to be exterminated.

Hitler had a bigger mustache originally, he got it during WW I.  But the mustache interfered with putting on his gas mask.  He suffered from a gas attack, because of that, which sent him to hospital at the end of the war. Hitler didn't want to get rid of all of his mustache, so he cut off the edges on either side of his nose. At the hospital a psychologist convinced him that he had a mission in life, in order to overcome his depression.  The doctor may or may not have specifically inculcated a particular mission, thru hypnosis.  Hitler later was an expert in mass hypnosis, he studied with German experts.  This was first explored by the nephew (Edward Bernays) of Dr Freud, who himself originally was trained to use hypnosis in his medical practice.  So the German people were hypnotized.  In the US this was used primarily to market consumerism, and still is.  But we also have a persistent tendency to Seig Heil ourselves ;-(  It isn't just a problem for Dr Stangelove or Dr Strange.  I suspect Dr Strange is also on LSD.  Dr Stangelove was on Zyklon B.

Hitler and Stalin were geniuses, misunderstood geniuses.  They were trying to achieve the goal of absolute dictators ... for the last 5000 years.

I suppose you think that being a pacifist would demonstrate intelligence?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

SGOS

Quote from: Baruch on May 27, 2017, 06:09:15 AM
It seems more like submitting to hypnosis.  But I've also heard that submitting to hypnosis requires intelligence.  I don't know if that's true.  I only have it on authority, but if you put all of that together, it could mean that pacifism demonstrates intelligence, even if the outcome can be self defeating.  A better debate would be whether pacifism accomplishes anything of value, although I'm not particularly interested in that debate.

Shiranu

Quote from: Baruch on May 27, 2017, 06:09:15 AM
Hitler had a bigger mustache originally, he got it during WW I.  But the mustache interfered with putting on his gas mask.  He suffered from a gas attack, because of that, which sent him to hospital at the end of the war. Hitler didn't want to get rid of all of his mustache, so he cut off the edges on either side of his nose. At the hospital a psychologist convinced him that he had a mission in life, in order to overcome his depression.  The doctor may or may not have specifically inculcated a particular mission, thru hypnosis.  Hitler later was an expert in mass hypnosis, he studied with German experts.  This was first explored by the nephew (Edward Bernays) of Dr Freud, who himself originally was trained to use hypnosis in his medical practice.  So the German people were hypnotized.  In the US this was used primarily to market consumerism, and still is.  But we also have a persistent tendency to Seig Heil ourselves ;-(  It isn't just a problem for Dr Stangelove or Dr Strange.  I suspect Dr Strange is also on LSD.  Dr Stangelove was on Zyklon B.

Hitler and Stalin were geniuses, misunderstood geniuses.  They were trying to achieve the goal of absolute dictators ... for the last 5000 years.

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on May 27, 2017, 06:46:00 AM
It seems more like submitting to hypnosis.  But I've also heard that submitting to hypnosis requires intelligence.  I don't know if that's true.  I only have it on authority, but if you put all of that together, it could mean that pacifism demonstrates intelligence, even if the outcome can be self defeating.  A better debate would be whether pacifism accomplishes anything of value, although I'm not particularly interested in that debate.

On hypnotism .. you can't be made to do anything you wouldn't in principle do ordinarily.  But in fact, since people are monsters, you can be hypnotized into monstrous acts.

Shiranu .. known German history/biography.  But Americans are no different, many of us are part German-American, as I am too.  The history of the US since 1945 has been pure 4th Reich, led by the pro-Nazi CIA/FBI.  If you poke out your eyes, you can get a job in the next production of Oedipus Rex ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

fencerider

you have to have a certain mental vulnerability to be hypnotized aka gullible. I dont think that shows a greater intelligence

I'm no expert on Hitler but I did see a few things on tv about him. He was looking for the Holy Grail because he wanted its power. as well as looking for the Arc of the Covenant, messing with voodoo and witchcraft. Who knows what he found but he looked at every kind of occult and magical rumor looking for real power and real mind control.

Wasnt it Hitler that ordered the lobotomies? cutting of a piece of the Jews brain and writing down what happened. brutalized a whole lot of people to make the map of the brain we have today.
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Baruch

Quote from: fencerider on May 28, 2017, 12:37:48 AM
you have to have a certain mental vulnerability to be hypnotized aka gullible. I dont think that shows a greater intelligence

I'm no expert on Hitler but I did see a few things on tv about him. He was looking for the Holy Grail because he wanted its power. as well as looking for the Arc of the Covenant, messing with voodoo and witchcraft. Who knows what he found but he looked at every kind of occult and magical rumor looking for real power and real mind control.

Wasnt it Hitler that ordered the lobotomies? cutting of a piece of the Jews brain and writing down what happened. brutalized a whole lot of people to make the map of the brain we have today.

Not quite ... Hitler was the mostly the hypnotizer, not the hypnotizee.  The doctor probably had Hitler on strong narcotics when he was "talking" to him.  Yes, the Nazis did medical experiments on unwilling subjects.  And then the US hired these gouls after WW II, better they work for us than the Soviets.  Germ warfare experts too.  Yes, Hitler and Himmler were both into the occult ... but I don't know that they believed it, or were just bobbing for new propaganda.  Part of the Master Race theory came from cracked up theories of Atlantis.  And they did send an expedition to Tibet, and decided that the Tibetans were related to the Germans.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.