What do you know about invasive species?

Started by fencerider, May 26, 2017, 01:59:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Unbeliever on June 01, 2017, 06:12:43 PM
We used to tube with those down the Tchefuncte river. Not as good as canoes, but lots of fun!
First time for me was 1963. Tube stolen and inflated with a line to a spark plug port on a '58 Chevy. The tube could have exploded if you looked at it cross-eyed. But it worked.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Unbeliever

When I was 11 years old (1967), I was at the Salesmanship Club boy's camp in East Texas for a couple of years. We practiced canoeing at Caddo lake, for a while, then went down the Sabine River from Gladewater, in north Texas, to the Gulf of Mexico (600 miles). It took us 7 weeks and a day, and we were all expert canoers by the time we finished. Mishaps and all, I'd do it again if I could. Unfortunately, that was the last time I ever got to use a canoe!
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

SGOS

I kayaked an undeveloped section of the Missouri River in Montana.  150 miles in 5 days.  There were three canoes in the party, but my wife and I used sea kayacks.  Mostly, it's a lazy trip.  You don't have to paddle unless you feel like it.  The Missouri is a fast moving body of water, but without rapids. I tried paddling my kayak against the current, and couldn't do it.  I think you might when the river is low, but after heavy rains the water runs fast.  There were no nearby roads most of the time.  Only one bridge in 150 miles.

Unbeliever

Kayaking is good, but I've only done it once. I had to make paddles from two flat-head shovels taped together, but it worked - a little too good, in fact. I had to back-paddle hard to avoid a collision, and flipped the thing 180 degrees, which dumped me right in the water. It was only waist deep, though, so I just came up laughing my ass off.
God Not Found

aitm

Brazilian Pepper trees have taken over Fl and probably moving north at a rapid pace.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

fencerider

a take over by brazilian pepper trees.. now that's a riot.

My parents have one at their house. The branches grow very fast. It can get out of control if it isnt cut every year. It drops a few seeds that grow every year, but still only one tree cause we take out the seedlings. Had lots of fun with my sister cause that tree is a magnet for weird bugs. I think there was 3 kinds of mexican fruit fly in the year they sprayed L.A. County.
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Unbeliever

Quote from: aitm on June 03, 2017, 02:10:16 PM
Brazilian Pepper trees have taken over Fl and probably moving north at a rapid pace.
I wonder what'll happen when it meets the kudzu?

:headscratch:

God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on June 05, 2017, 07:11:45 PM
I wonder what'll happen when it meets the kudzu?

:headscratch:

Photosynthesis wins, plant eaters die
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

aitm

Quote from: Baruch on June 05, 2017, 07:41:37 PM
Photosynthesis wins, plant eaters die

by god our scientist are working on bringing back the bronto..er...sego...er..flaut..er..long neck dinosaurs....then WE WILL SEE!!!!....!
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Baruch

Quote from: aitm on June 05, 2017, 09:44:19 PM
by god our scientist are working on bringing back the bronto..er...sego...er..flaut..er..long neck dinosaurs....then WE WILL SEE!!!!....!

Some people here are hoping for the dickasaurus.  Greatest gonad, bigger than the pecker on a blue whale, which is of course, a whale of a pecker ;-)

Don't make fun of the T-rex's small hands, they are very sensitive about that ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

fencerider

Quote from: aitm on June 05, 2017, 09:44:19 PM
are you sayin they started growin kudzu first so there would be food for vegan dinosaurs? arrogant bastards.... btw cows are vegan. any body up for a rack of bronto ribs?
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Baruch on June 05, 2017, 10:24:57 PM
Don't make fun of the T-rex's small hands, they are very sensitive about that ;-)

You mean like this?

God Not Found

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

fencerider

T-wrecks? is that the new handle for Trump?

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: fencerider on June 08, 2017, 11:29:26 PM
T-wrecks? is that the new handle for Trump?
I've been calling him T.rump since November.
PZ Myers