Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Munch

My brother took his two kids to Manchester arena last year. Gives me shivers just thinking about this :(
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

SGOS

Another terrorist is now in heaven enjoying unlimited sex and the approval of his god.

Baruch

The suspect was born in the UK ... but to parents of Libyan extraction.  It would not appear than he was triggered by the brutal overthrow of the last Libyan government.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

PM raises warning level to highest level, first time since 7/7 (nickname of first attack in London)

"It is now concluded on the basis of today's investigations that the threat level should be increased for the time being from severe to critical," she said in a televised statement following a meeting of the government's crisis response committee. This means that their assessment is not only that an attack remains highly likely but that a further attack may be imminent."

Of course, this may or may not be part of the USSR move in GB I reported in the other political section.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

GrinningYMIR

Just had a city in the Philippines get attacked by Isis militants, or people claiming to be anyway. Marshal law has been declared and they're occupying a hospital
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Baruch

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on May 23, 2017, 07:31:32 PM
Just had a city in the Philippines get attacked by Isis militants, or people claiming to be anyway. Marshal law has been declared and they're occupying a hospital

See, we invent jumbo jets, make international travel easy .. and germs (both microbes and people) are able to spread more easily.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

he was born in the uk but his parents came from Libia I think someone said. I'd say they should track his internet history, but odds are he may have been in contact with whatever terrorist group got him to do it via deep web links.
Also don't know what the parents were like, lot of this story not yet revealed. Libia is primarily sunni muslim, so perhaps they were too.

Poison Tree

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on May 23, 2017, 07:31:32 PM
Just had a city in the Philippines get attacked by Isis militants, or people claiming to be anyway.
Perhaps the government should have been more focused on their lengthy islamist insurgency instead of shooting drug addicts.
"Observe that noses were made to wear spectacles; and so we have spectacles. Legs were visibly instituted to be breeched, and we have breeches" Voltaire�s Candide

Baruch

Quote from: Poison Tree on May 24, 2017, 02:10:46 AM
Perhaps the government should have been more focused on their lengthy islamist insurgency instead of shooting drug addicts.

Duterte is the Philippine equal to Erdogan in Turkey.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

fencerider

I did a delivery in Roswell NM and got stuck there waiting for a couple days. So I got bored and went to check out the mall. Then I finally got outa there in the evening headed to El Paso. So I was walking around in the Roswell Mall the day before the rampage shooter.  and my aunt lived one block away from where the Night Stalker killed 3 of his victims.

I guess it can be scarry to be almost anywhere these days. gotta start carryin some kind of anti-IED device in your bug-out bag (well there is the small problem that nobody is gonna give you time to take it outta your bag)
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Munch

So more info on it, salman abedi, though being born here, spent enough time in Syria, becoming radicalised, returning to the UK with intent to kill.

The questions arise as to why. If born in the UK were not exactly radicalising kids in schools to go be suicide bombers or join terrorist groups, so where was the cause? His parents? A religious figure prompting him and others too? People he meet online?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/05/24/everything-know-salman-abedi-named-manchester-suicide-bomber/

Something clearly clicked off of this kids head and want for bloodshed at some point

Shiranu

QuoteI guess it can be scarry to be almost anywhere these days.

Eh, only because that's the nature of how humans respond to the media, not because of any rational fear. If you really want to be afraid, contemplate your odds of being in a car wreck or a severe work place accident... those odds are astronomically higher than being killed. Yet no one ever proposes a ban on all cars or implies its the inner-workplace culture that leads to injury.

It's a matter of "quality" over quantity sticking in your head. I've got far better things to do with my life than fear I'll be killed by a terrorist, slashed by a madman or get struck by lightning.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on May 26, 2017, 03:50:52 AM
So more info on it, salman abedi, though being born here, spent enough time in Syria, becoming radicalised, returning to the UK with intent to kill.

The questions arise as to why. If born in the UK were not exactly radicalising kids in schools to go be suicide bombers or join terrorist groups, so where was the cause? His parents? A religious figure prompting him and others too? People he meet online?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/05/24/everything-know-salman-abedi-named-manchester-suicide-bomber/

Something clearly clicked off of this kids head and want for bloodshed at some point

His father and brother were arrested in Libya ... why were they there?  Seems like a totally jihadi family, I blame the father.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.