Making fun of ancient Greek/Roman religion vs war

Started by Baruch, May 21, 2017, 12:05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9X44PSwc9s

Very funny ... sure that going Christian vs this Kurgan derived stuff ... isn't better?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

SGOS

God does not speak, but he can make his intentions known to humans through the entrails of goats.  So reading goat entrails makes sense.

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on May 21, 2017, 07:26:29 AM
God does not speak, but he can make his intentions known to humans through the entrails of goats.  So reading goat entrails makes sense.

Hard to get into the ancient mind ... but it is inside you, we are onions, not parfaits.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

SGOS

Quote from: Baruch on May 21, 2017, 08:14:24 AM
Hard to get into the ancient mind ... but it is inside you, we are onions, not parfaits.
Modern man has usurped the power of the oracles.  We have developed new ways to understand the messages of the gods that are now available to all of us.  We progress.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: SGOS on May 21, 2017, 08:41:50 AM
Modern man has usurped the power of the oracles.  We have developed new ways to understand the messages of the gods that are now available to all of us.  We progress.
Oracle will get you!

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

SGOS

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on May 21, 2017, 09:14:30 AM
Oracle will get you!

Blatant capitalism by Corporate America copyrighting the Home Oracle do it yourself kit.  More progress!

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on May 21, 2017, 09:42:39 AM
Blatant capitalism by Corporate America copyrighting the Home Oracle do it yourself kit.  More progress!

Ah, but who controls the database, controls the data.  Oracle products control more large databases than any other.  They and their customers control more data than any other.  And you want to put all your data in a cloud?  Same as moving it off your machine ... and in your control, onto a giant machine ... and out of your control.  One idea about the Delphic oracle, is that they had a more efficient intelligence service than any other oracle.  So basically they were the deep state ... controlling deeply superstitious people.  Just like today.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

SGOS

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on May 21, 2017, 10:20:41 AM
I prefer to make up my own data.

And then put it in the cloud (or on social media aka another cloud)?  Or are you just an alt-alt?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Hmmm, I field dressed a few deer in my youth.  Apparently, I missed learning some profound truths.  But the vultures were circling and I needed to get the useful meat to a chill tank...  Maybe the vultures learned something from the intestines.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

SGOS

Here, here.  Don't throw away those intestines.  There's useful information in them of vital interest to the tribe.

Cavebear

Quote from: SGOS on June 20, 2017, 06:03:40 AM
Here, here.  Don't throw away those intestines.  There's useful information in them of vital interest to the tribe.

I'll have to use the back yard.  The neighbors are fussy about deer guts near the street.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!