News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

UK becomes Soviet Union

Started by Baruch, May 20, 2017, 06:54:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munch

Quote from: Baruch on May 24, 2017, 12:50:17 PM
Did that make British food better or worse? (traditionally Brits are assumed to be bad cooks).

hey, we gave the world the sunday roast and yorkshire pudding. And by extension, toad in the hole.

Sure we give crap names to these things but we sure know how to handle bangers, I mean sausages.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

Our only British recipe in our home growing up ... standing rib roast and Yorkshire pudding.  I was probably disappointed the first time I saw Yorkshire pudding, but I always enjoyed it ;-)  Only had Welsh rarebit once, from a frozen package, over toast.  Growing up we had grilled cheese sandwiches ... using American cheese (alert ... it melts easily, so it isn't real cheese).  I will eat proper fish & chips anytime I can get it.  That is the only time I will drink a Guiness.  We have a pub in our town, but it is so packed, I can rarely get in!  I like their "Indian" dishes, British style.

So yes, it is traditional to poo-poo British cooking ... but I am not traditional.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: SoldierofFortune on May 24, 2017, 04:23:40 AM
It is just shown so.
What you say does not reflect the reality my friend.
by the way britain is administered by the money oligarchy.
What the oligarchy wants will be.

When Great Britain becomes just England, it will be the end.  Sadly. 
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on May 31, 2017, 12:32:26 PM
When Great Britain becomes just England, it will be the end.  Sadly.

Not quite ... you have to send the Normans back to Normandy, the Danes back to Denmark, the Romans back to Rome.  Then they can get down and ... Druid.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.