News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Faux News Roger Ailes Dead

Started by trdsf, May 18, 2017, 10:12:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trdsf

Story here.

Can't say I'm going to shed a tear, considering the unbelievable damage he's done to political discourse and the process of news gathering and delivery.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

AllPurposeAtheist

Awww.. Dammit!  I was hoping for something a little spectacular like him jumping from the top floor of dumpster fire tower..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

trdsf

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on May 18, 2017, 10:25:55 AM
Awww.. Dammit!  I was hoping for something a little spectacular like him jumping from the top floor of dumpster fire tower..
I was hoping for more legal repercussions and public humiliation before he shuffled off this mortal coil.  I lump him in the same pile of venomous purveyors of hate as I did Jerry Falwell, Jesse Helms, and Fred Phelps, although the damage he's done to public discourse is beyond the wildest dreams of those other three.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

fencerider

you mean Fox Entertainment Center???

so long scum-bag. Its about time we got rid of your stench
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Baruch

Quote from: fencerider on May 18, 2017, 01:08:10 PM
you mean Fox Entertainment Center???

so long scum-bag. Its about time we got rid of your stench

Will all the women he abused at work, be represented at his funeral ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

This is one of those enjoyable obits, like Falwell's...I can't help but feel a bit of schadenfreude.

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Munch

As those who don't believe in the afterlife, the greatest thing to aim for in this life is to leave our marks on it to leave something for the future.

This guy made and left fox news.

There isn't enough infinite space in the universe to get away from that taint. I'm certain by now if eternity looked down at himself where earth was, he'd see fox news as the equivalent of genital herpes

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Mike Cl

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

SGOS

Quote from: trdsf on May 18, 2017, 10:12:10 AM
Story here.

I read the obituary for one reason, only.  I wanted to know what he died from.  I couldn't fine where it said.  The obituary starts with statements from the family, just the usual bullshit one says about dead family members, nothing bad, let alone half way honest.  Family comments make him sound like he was the right hand of God, calling him a "patriot."  You know, being called a patriot is starting to sound more like being called an asshole.  The word just doesn't have the same meaning it did when I was in grade school.

Then there was some historical shit, and I started skimming rather than reading. 

Mike Cl

Quote from: SGOS on May 19, 2017, 08:47:57 AM
I read the obituary for one reason, only.  I wanted to know what he died from.  I couldn't fine where it said.  The obituary starts with statements from the family, just the usual bullshit one says about dead family members, nothing bad, let alone half way honest.  Family comments make him sound like he was the right hand of God, calling him a "patriot."  You know, being called a patriot is starting to sound more like being called an asshole.  The word just doesn't have the same meaning it did when I was in grade school.

Then there was some historical shit, and I started skimming rather than reading.
I share your thought about the word 'patriot'--it does seem to mean ultra-right asshole.
Family values is in that category as well, now--it usually means hypocrite. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Cavebear

Ailes is dead.  I am positively Crushed!  I will dance a little jig of despair.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!