News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Finally a special prosecutor

Started by fencerider, May 17, 2017, 06:17:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fencerider

I don't know what the special prosecutor is gonna tell us about Trump, but I'm gonna get me some snacks and kick off my shoes. I expect some entertainment...

edit: special counsellor
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Hydra009

Unbeliever

Oh boy! Now the fun really starts!

:taz: :menacing:
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

fencerider

"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Cavebear

Former FBI Director Robert Mueller will oversee the investigation into possible ties between President Trump's campaign and Russian officials.  Seems a good choice. 
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on May 18, 2017, 02:18:22 AM
Former FBI Director Robert Mueller will oversee the investigation into possible ties between President Trump's campaign and Russian officials.  Seems a good choice.

We can hope.  But a political show trial is what it is ... now or in Stalin's Russia.  Ironic?  I am glad my candidate is enjoying time with his family.  Why would anyone want the President-job?

Mueller is in bed with Hillary and Obama of course.  He helped Hillary sell that uranium to Russia n 2009, and helped Obama get rid of Patreus.  Any long term public official, is stained with contacts with both major parties.  McCain, the real President since 2009 ... has now said Trump shouldn't be impeached.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

AllPurposeAtheist

I'm kind of hoping this drags on until right before the 2018 midterms, maybe after. House Republicans just dither away any chances at all for any form of redemption, get NONE of the things on their agenda accomplished, get sent packing home and let the Democratic party impeach Lumpy and see how his replacement fares with a Democratic congress.   
And before anyone wants to tell me how evil democrats are I happen to be a card carrying tree hugging, bleeding heart progressive, liberal AND PROUD OF IT.. So FUCK OFF!
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

trdsf

Quote from: Cavebear on May 18, 2017, 02:18:22 AM
He's popular inside the agency, and on both sides of the aisle.  I'm certainly willing to step back and let the man work, and not pre-judge how he's going to do it.  And according to everyone who knows him, he will not allow himself to be bullied by Asshole.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Cavebear

I've read comparisons between Trump and Nixon.  They are false.  Nixon understood the international world quite well.  OK, he became a bit psychotic.  But he knew the job and he respected government as an institution for good.

Trump came in psychotic and will leave that way.

Put another way, Nixon brought the inane Spiro Agnew into office with him for cynical RealPolitik campaign reasons and closeted him afterwards.  Trump IS Spiro Agnew.

trdsf

Quote from: Cavebear on May 31, 2017, 11:26:59 AM
I've read comparisons between Trump and Nixon.  They are false.  Nixon understood the international world quite well.  OK, he became a bit psychotic.  But he knew the job and he respected government as an institution for good.

Trump came in psychotic and will leave that way.

Put another way, Nixon brought the inane Spiro Agnew into office with him for cynical RealPolitik campaign reasons and closeted him afterwards.  Trump IS Spiro Agnew.
I think that's nearly a slur against Spiro Agnew -- Agnew himself was a crook, but he was also a functioning politician who was able to get elected as a Republican governor in overwhelmingly Democratic Maryland, by running and for the most part governing as a moderate on segregation and race relations.  So, crook, but not with as completely horrible a record as Asshole.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Shiranu

Nixon was a politician's politician, or everything wrong with politicians... Trump is just a moron.

I don't expect trump to get impeached, and frankly I think he is a better president than Pence so I hope he doesn't. But we have been saying this type of stupidity and douchery will hurt the republican party for years... and all it does is galvanize their supporters and polarize everyone else, so who knows. I have reached a point where I won't hold my breath waiting on that last straw to fall.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

trdsf

Quote from: Shiranu on May 31, 2017, 01:43:18 PM
I don't expect trump to get impeached, and frankly I think he is a better president than Pence so I hope he doesn't. But we have been saying this type of stupidity and douchery will hurt the republican party for years... and all it does is galvanize their supporters and polarize everyone else, so who knows. I have reached a point where I won't hold my breath waiting on that last straw to fall.
The only thing that makes Trump preferable to Pence is that Pence is politician enough and organized enough to get done the evil he wants to do, whereas Trump expects to be able to do it by diktat and when he can't, he could conceivably lose interest and go on to some other vainglorious stupidity.  So in some sense, his own arrogance and incompetence are our best protection from him.

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on May 31, 2017, 01:43:18 PM
Nixon was a politician's politician, or everything wrong with politicians... Trump is just a moron.

This is the problem for the Democrats.  Any Republican, not just Trump, could go out on the street and shoot a Democrat, and not only not get arrested, but become more popular.  This is not a good time for Democrats.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: trdsf on May 31, 2017, 02:07:02 PM
The only thing that makes Trump preferable to Pence is that Pence is politician enough and organized enough to get done the evil he wants to do, whereas Trump expects to be able to do it by diktat and when he can't, he could conceivably lose interest and go on to some other vainglorious stupidity.  So in some sense, his own arrogance and incompetence are our best protection from him.

The best chance the rational world has is to keep Trump in office until 2018 and then throw the Republicans out.  Trump won't even care about that.  But then he will be even less meaningful 2018 to 2020 than he is now, if that is possible.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Cavebear on June 07, 2017, 03:48:42 AM
The best chance the rational world has is to keep Trump in office until 2018 and then throw the Republicans out.  Trump won't even care about that.  But then he will be even less meaningful 2018 to 2020 than he is now, if that is possible.
I do hope (against hope) that our country is not so far gone that Trump will be re-elected in 2020.  It would not surprise me at this point.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?