Previous topic - Next topic

fencerider

a shory list of requirements for the next president

1. far enough to the right to pass the Republican primary
2. far enough to the left to pass the Democratic primary
3. capable to clean up Trump's mess
4. must increase jobs and pay of working class while Wall st fights against it
5. fix health care while Wall st fights against it

you can add to this list, but is there anyone that can manage this short list?
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Unbeliever

I think some of those things are contradictory, e.g, #1 & #4.

I'm still not convinced there will ever be a "next" president. But then, I'm a pessimist, so I'm likely wrong.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: fencerider on May 15, 2017, 06:53:58 PM

We could always dig up Millard Fillmore ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

God Not Found

Shiranu

Quote...but is there anyone that can manage this short list?

I'm too young to run, unfortunately.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Maybe a Kenyan could run - they seem quite good at it...
God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on May 16, 2017, 07:41:33 PM
Maybe a Kenyan could run - they seem quite good at it...

Unfortunately for Obama, he isn't Kenyan, but developed in a CIA germ warfare experiment.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

And a successful experiment, I might add!
God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on May 16, 2017, 07:47:01 PM
And a successful experiment, I might add!

The only successful experiments, are the one's that fail.  So he failed?  I think so ... even if he decided to be tranny and got his ... cut off to show his solidarity with one of the smallest oppressed minorities on the planet.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

reasonist

Quote from: fencerider on May 15, 2017, 06:53:58 PM

It's either #1 OR #2, both seems illogical.   Seth Moulton is the future, I hope. Pragmatic, smart and likable. The Dems better start grooming the next generation of leaders, Pelosi and Schumer don't cut it with the young voters. Too much old school. You need fresh ideas and fresh people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLeDKiKpNOk
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities
Voltaire

Feral Atheist

No one that 'wants' to be president is actually qualified to be the president.
In dog beers I've only had one.

Jason Harvestdancer

We know who will probably be the GOP candidate, barring the unforeseen.  What we don't know is who will be the DEM candidate as the DNC wiped the slate clean in order to make room for their chosen candidate and deliberately kept everyone down who might oppose her.  Both parties are in disarray in terms of leadership, but while the GOP has 8 years to fix their house the DEM has only 4 years.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

SGOS

Quote from: Jason Harvestdancer on May 17, 2017, 01:16:10 AM
the DEM candidate as the DNC wiped the slate clean in order to make room for their chosen candidate and deliberately kept everyone down who might oppose her [Hillary]. 
I don't know if this was orchestrated or just a result of everyone assuming Hillary would be next (as determined by polls), causing potential candidates to avoid wasting time and money competing with a political powerhouse.

I don't know what actually goes on in the smoke filled rooms behind closed doors, but I have been told much of it is orchestrated.  Is the orchestration done by unbiased strategists or outright promoters?  These concepts are near interchangeable, but if the promoters carry the day, it could fail the best interests of the party, because "the people" will still demand a say.   Ideology, obviously takes a back seat to financial backing.  And throughout all this, everyone is assuming that the party will slam dunk the next election so selecting the most inspiring candidate doesn't carry as much weight as it should.

Or perhaps Hillary was simply the strongest candidate the Democrats could muster.  I doubt this, however.  There are likely many others that could have done better.  Bernie Sanders, I think may have, but in the end, the primary election decides who gets the nomination.  So in the end, much of the responsibility for the choice of candidate falls on the voters.

I have to admit that even uninspired as I was for the last eight years, I've been making a borderline subconscious assumption that the only viable Democrat out there was Hillary.  But given the number of potential candidates available, that seems like some kind of conditioned and thoughtless response.  Bernie surprised me doing as well as he did.  A relative unknown with strong liberal leanings running as a Democrat.  How he made it through the orchestrations (assuming they do exist) is a mystery, but I think we may have seen the last of Sanders now.

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on May 17, 2017, 04:45:47 AM
I don't know if this was orchestrated or just a result of everyone assuming Hillary would be next (as determined by polls), causing potential candidates to avoid wasting time and money competing with a political powerhouse.

I don't know what actually goes on in the smoke filled rooms behind closed doors, but I have been told much of it is orchestrated.  Is the orchestration done by unbiased strategists or outright promoters?  These concepts are near interchangeable, but if the promoters carry the day, it could fail the best interests of the party, because "the people" will still demand a say.   Ideology, obviously takes a back seat to financial backing.  And throughout all this, everyone is assuming that the party will slam dunk the next election so selecting the most inspiring candidate doesn't carry as much weight as it should.

Or perhaps Hillary was simply the strongest candidate the Democrats could muster.  I doubt this, however.  There are likely many others that could have done better.  Bernie Sanders, I think may have, but in the end, the primary election decides who gets the nomination.  So in the end, much of the responsibility for the choice of candidate falls on the voters.

I have to admit that even uninspired as I was for the last eight years, I've been making a borderline subconscious assumption that the only viable Democrat out there was Hillary.  But given the number of potential candidates available, that seems like some kind of conditioned and thoughtless response.  Bernie surprised me doing as well as he did.  A relative unknown with strong liberal leanings running as a Democrat.  How he made it through the orchestrations (assuming they do exist) is a mystery, but I think we may have seen the last of Sanders now.

Everything about the Clintons is deliberate.  Sanders was nixed by choosing the new DNC chair ... who is a Clinton cuck.  The voters only choose in primaries, as they are manipulated by the DNC/RNC.  Though this last time, I think the RNC was incompetent ... JEB was their man.

Reasonist ... aren't you Canadian?  What you you mean about ... we?  Are you interfering in our elections, you Putin you?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.