Trump shared some classified info with Russia

Started by fencerider, May 15, 2017, 06:03:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fencerider

Trump shared a source of info with Russian ambassador that wasn't even shared with U.S. allies. The pres can declassify almost everything, but isn't his behavior a little too care-free? (are we officially worse than Hillary's email mistake yet?)

Washington Post headline

"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Baruch

If the President does it, it isn't illegal, right?  So when do we arrest Obama, Bush and Bill for war crimes?

On the other hand ... Hillary made sure the Russians got a lot of uranium ... if the reason for the US is to refight the Cold War, isn't she a traitor?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

I heard about this, but I have too little info to even comment, at this point. Was it worse than Geraldo showing where US troops were at?

I'm sure he'll manage to make his justification sound just plausible enough to get away with it.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Hakurei Reimu

There are two points that I heard:

(1) Trump's leak was specific enough that whoever gathered that information initially is now in much greater danger.
(2) The intelligence wasn't gathered by U.S. agencies. It wasn't his to tell. Practically speaking, it means that nobody will want to be similarly generous with their own classified information anymore. (At least while Trump is president.)

How either will help protect us against ISIS and other terrorist organizations, I am not sure.
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

Unbeliever

If Reagan was "the Teflon president, I think Chump is the greased-pig president! I bet he'll come out smelling like a rose...

Maybe Chump took Vonnegut's words to heart:

God Not Found

Munch

dammit, stop posting creepypasta clickbait pictures
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

fencerider

the story just got better. A Russian newspaper reporter was in the room when Trump spoke. Of course the paper made a story about it.
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Unbeliever

I heard that there were no representatives of the US press there at all - only the Russian "press." What's up with this shit!?
God Not Found

Unbeliever

God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: Hakurei Reimu on May 16, 2017, 04:20:41 PM
There are two points that I heard:

(1) Trump's leak was specific enough that whoever gathered that information initially is now in much greater danger.
(2) The intelligence wasn't gathered by U.S. agencies. It wasn't his to tell. Practically speaking, it means that nobody will want to be similarly generous with their own classified information anymore. (At least while Trump is president.)

How either will help protect us against ISIS and other terrorist organizations, I am not sure.

Just like Cheney and the yellow cake ... outing Plame ... and all her contacts.  Seems to be something only R people can do.  ISIS works for the US.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on May 16, 2017, 06:48:27 PM
I heard that there were no representatives of the US press there at all - only the Russian "press." What's up with this shit!?

The Russian leader's own personal photographer.  Of course everyone in Russia is a communist agent.  So says Rocky & Bullwinkle.  Boris & Natasha deny it.  I wouldn't have US media anywhere, except in Guantanamo.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

We don't know exactly what info Trump gave the Russians.  Someone at the actual meeting says he went too far, but evidence is required.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on May 18, 2017, 02:22:26 AM
We don't know exactly what info Trump gave the Russians.  Someone at the actual meeting says he went too far, but evidence is required.

Another person at the meeting said he didn't (McMaster).  McMaster sounds like a good name for our first in civis military dictator, yes?  I still don't know what Nixon did, just what people claimed he did.  I believed it at the time, it was well orchestrated by the Ds ... back when they knew what they were doing.  At that time the FBI and CIA were behind taking down Nixon.  It is what they do, at least they didn't take him to Dallas like they did Jack.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.